Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 the big LIE

13»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yeah SWTOR
    star wars travelling on rails!

It's the most unoriginal mmo ever, somehow they managed to clone all the bad bits of wow then worked extra hard to make it even more hub based and much more corridory.

It's not even the best game at its one trick pony - fully voiced story. Tsw knocks it into a cocked hat in that regard, while still feeling like a proper mmo (where you actually see other players and the world is alive not a perma-midday populated by shop dummies)
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I mean the very idea that gw2 is as linear and boring as swtor is laughable. It's much more of a world.
  • eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

I have read the phrase "take your time and enjoy the game" for the one millionth time today over at the Guild Wars 2 forum. Almost as many times as I have read the phrase "I skipped the planets and the stories" by those same people right here.

GW2 is a decent game, despit the constant denial of any bugs or glitches by the very dishonest fans, the game has had a less than smooth launch but not horrid.

But the only real diference between SWTOR and GW2 is the fact that SWTOR launched with a subscription and GW2 with a cash shop. It is another solid THEMEPARK game and has quests that auto initiate when you get close to the right areas.

GW2 is heavily instanced, very solo oriented, very story driven and all of the other things this game has been mauled for. what a bunch of hypocrits.

I fully respect your personal opinion sir, however, offering '' fake facts '' isn´t acceptable, I guess. You are insulting the mmo-industry this way.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Yawn, another one of these threads.

It doesnt matter how you want to spin it, SWTOR failed on all levels outside of selling a lot of boxes.

It wouldnt have mattered if SWTOR sold 5 million copies if the subscription rate dropped down to what it has...it just goes to show the game isnt that good. A great story only goes so far in the MMO world just like have NO story only goes so far...just look at Tera. When you lack good GAMEPLAY and you lack VARIETY...you are going to fail.

Deal with it because YOUR liking the game has NOTHING to do with it...failure comes from not getting a LOT of people to like it.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

I have read the phrase "take your time and enjoy the game" for the one millionth time today over at the Guild Wars 2 forum. Almost as many times as I have read the phrase "I skipped the planets and the stories" by those same people right here.

GW2 is a decent game, despit the constant denial of any bugs or glitches by the very dishonest fans, the game has had a less than smooth launch but not horrid.

But the only real diference between SWTOR and GW2 is the fact that SWTOR launched with a subscription and GW2 with a cash shop. It is another solid THEMEPARK game and has quests that auto initiate when you get close to the right areas.

GW2 is heavily instanced, very solo oriented, very story driven and all of the other things this game has been mauled for. what a bunch of hypocrits.

All games have bugs and glitches.  Accept them or move on.  Not much else you can do. And yes GW2 has them.

GW2 is completely different from SWTOR.  I have played both games. Combat is different. You dont move when you fight in SWTOR.  You have quest hubs in SWTOR.  There is no down leveling in SWTOR (so you can easily outlevel content which is a problem for me).  SWTOR had a lifeless world.  SWTOR didnt deliver what it promised.  They bet the farm on Story and VO and it didnt pay off and the players voted with their dollars.   GW2 is a themepark like SWTOR but its was simply done better and provided more entertaining options (for me).  SWTOR is a clone with a Star Wars skin. GW2 is an evolutionary attempt to do things different and redefine others. I respect the latter over the former.

I agree GW2 is heavily instanced.  Can be solo oriented (I havent officially grouped with anyone yet - but I have played more with other people in this game than SWTOR).  Stories are a part of the game but I dont believe it drives it.  It gives more context to what I'm doing and why but I just as easily just run around and explore on my own.  While it can argued that you can do the same in SWTOR for me it was more fun in GW2. +1 for underwater combat which even change the mechanics.

While I can see your point of how the games could be considered the same (they are both themeparks in one way or another) I would argue the experience between the two are completely different.

And I will be back in SWTOR once its F2P just to run through the stories. But GW2 will be my home.

This discussion has been closed.