Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460
    It seems clear to me, he said it several times "I don't know".

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

"One thing we're doing is rewarding subscribers with in-game currency for all the time that they've been subscribers, and lapsed subscribers will have currency for the time they were there, which offers them a reward for coming back."

So this part... is he talking about giving subscribers credits?

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

Nothing but spin and uncertainty from what I can gather from it.

BioWare becomes the "new Cryptic" without even Cryptic's admissions and talking to the playerbase.  The community involvement portion and developer arogance still comes directly from SOE's school of the NGE.

SW:TOR - Prof positive it is posible to screw up a sure thing.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Poor performance on he part of the interviewer and the representative.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

Do you think you'll make more money converting to this model?

I don't know.

Seriously? Before I put all my resources on changing the whole layout of a game regardless of what it was this is the first thing I would know. Idk maybe it's just me but this is some crazy stuff for him to say.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    It's  nice to see a journalist in this industry just for once asking some hard questions and not putting up with marketing waffle answers.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

"Do you think you'll make more money converting to this model?

I don't know."

Hmm, to me it sounds like Bromberg got screwed by EA and/or Lucas art.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    I've come to respect the source of the article.  They keep coming out with hard-nosed interviews to answer the tough questions.  They don't sugar coat anything.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Pretty much what you'd expect from a BW exec.  Their biggest mistake in going F2P is clinging to the subscription model after the switch.  They need a different model or a far lower sub price for premium content.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    Poor performance on he part of the interviewer and the representative.

The interviewer asked great and pointed questions.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by colddog04

"One thing we're doing is rewarding subscribers with in-game currency for all the time that they've been subscribers, and lapsed subscribers will have currency for the time they were there, which offers them a reward for coming back."

So this part... is he talking about giving subscribers credits?

They are the gold farming spammers of their own title.. Awesome job Bio / Eeeee Aaaaa

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

My summation:

Q: Will F2P work with SWTOR (most questions were a variation of that)?

A:  Based on market research and basic logic, we believe that it will but don't know for sure.

How could they know for sure?  What promises can they make?  Of course they believe what they're saying but if anything, MMos have proven to be a very unpredictable market.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by Fennris

My summation:

Q: Will F2P work with SWTOR (most questions were a variation of that)?

A:  Based on market research and basic logic, we believe that it will but don't know for sure.

How could they know for sure?  What promises can they make?  Of course they believe what they're saying but if anything, MMos have proven to be a very unpredictable market.

Thats not what he or the interviewer said thou. I mean you might have wanted him to say it, but thats not how it happend.