Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why can't there just be ONE mmorpg that we ALL play?

2»

Comments

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by SaunZ

But isn't my point that we would all play and enjoy that single mmo because the creators would design it with all the content that you, me and everybody, liked?  We shouldn't limit the dream because of technical reason. I was just wondering if it wouldn't be great to have ONE mmo that we all played?

SZ

You can't get that because lots of people like diametrically opposed content.  There are people who will only play if you have open-world PvP and others, like myself, who will refuse to play any game with open-world PvP.

You just can't have it all.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by SaunZ

I dream of the ONE mmo to be the end all mmo...

I'm actually not without sympathy for the idea, no matter how unrealistic it is.  Although I have very specific playstyle interests and know that a specialized game will always fit me better than any general game trying to pack everyone into one world, there is a part of me that dreams that each MMO should, as a goal, seek to please everyone.  At their core, I see MMOs as an imaginary crossroads where many different kinds of people can encounter each other.  The hard, and likely impossible, part is setting up the game so that those interactions feel worthwhile and meaningful to everyone without annoying anyone.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

I get where the OP is coming from.  It is no fun being on a dead server.  It is a high when you start a new popular game and it seems like everyone on the planet decided to join to.  FFXI  and Rift gave me that feel now and again.

Who knows, maybe such a game will be devoloped in the far distant future.  An expansive, creative game with no lag where we could go to shop, shoot, watch tv, and join "worlds" both real and fantasy.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Stagnation of the MMO genre.
  • Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Different strokes for different folks.