Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TenTonHammer post "joke review" *sigh* I should have guessed!!! OMG 94%

CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Well TTH have a review up for GW2.  Final score 94%, while I feel GW2 is a great game well worth £40 I paid no way is it a near perfect score.  I guess I shouldn't have expected much for TTH.

Gamesplay 90%

Graphics 97% (You got to be kidding nearly the best GFX ever.... jokers)

Sound 97%

Multiplayer 95%

Value 95%

Lasting appeal 95%

No mention of the various issues plaguing GW2 game itself or Anet I guess I shouldn't expect more from them tbh.

My review 85% - great mmo/action game, awesome value.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

Comments

• coretestercoretester Member Posts: 64
    solid 7 out of 10 from me.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Id say an 8.5-9 out of 10
  • dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I actually agree with the graphics score. The game looks like a painting..Its beautiful. WHo cares about technical BS. Use yourr eyes.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

The 97% graphics may largely come from the art direction instead of technical side. I personally think it's above 80% technically, but as far as how awesome I think everything looks, yeah it's a 97%.

Also, server stability isn't part of their criteria, which is the main cause of all the issues. At its core, the game's design and execution is very well done. I agree with an above 90% score. I could also enumerate many things I would have preferred differently, but they'd be nitpicks.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Reviews are subjective. 'Nuff said.
  • HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226
    Reviews are so inflated.  A 9.5 is actually what should be something like an 8.

• RedmantleRedmantle Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Reviews are subjective. 'Nuff said.

I agree, to me 94 is spot on. Really enjoying it! But thats my opinion, and others will think less highly and some will think more. Either way I think it still is a solid purchase.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

If its on the scale that something like SWTOR and TSW got 8/9s on it deserves a 12 or so I'd say.

Compared to the recent mmorpg launches GW2 definitely earns top marks for fun overall to me.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Sound should be 100%, its Jeremy Soule after all.

I agree that the engine and polygon count isn’t that good compared to  say TSW's atmosphere effects, PS2's Forgelight or TERA use of Unreal, but the overall impression from lighting, underwater, distance, spells and texture maps is that of a painting. Compensating for technical limitations is what mmo graphics has always been about.

Gameplay is hard to score, as the usual mmo formula is there, but presented better than any mmo I've ever played.

There is also the issue of the game itself, separate from the current, immediate post-launch state, which changes every hour, it may well be that 90% of the issues will be resolved by the end of the weekend. Most are not the long term kind.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    With no monthly sub GW2 is a very good MMO imho. I love TSW but GW2 is good too as my second MMO and actually much better than I ever thought.
  • IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

Way to early to give it GW2 an overall score. Most people aren't even 30 yet thus haven't done 1 pve dungeon. Game also hasn't even been out a week so everyone is still in the honeymoon stage, thinking this is the greatest game ever made (it isnt).

Maybe in 3 months when the majority of the population has 1 level 80 char we can give the game a score. Until then it's wayyy too early. I remember the first month of SWTOR was the same deal - everyone loved it. Now look at where that game is today.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I would give this game a 6893412.57 out of 7412259.

Seriously, though.  Stop with the numbers.  They don't do an effective job at telling someone how good a game is, or more importantly, if someone will enjoy playing a game.  If you want to write a review describing what you did or didn't like, that is a lot more helpful than posting a meaningless number.

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73
    For me I give 8.9-9.4 out of 10 This game is overall fun, it is the most polish mmo I've ever seen. Although it is not revolutionize anything for the genre, but compare with other game in the same genre GW2 is really top notch.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by bluefunk

Well TTH have a review up for GW2.  Final score 94%, while I feel GW2 is a great game well worth £40 I paid no way is it a near perfect score.  I guess I shouldn't have expected much for TTH.

Gamesplay 90%

Sound 97%

Multiplayer 95%

Value 95%

Lasting appeal 95%

No mention of the various issues plaguing GW2 game itself or Anet I guess I shouldn't expect more from them tbh.

So wait, they posted a joke review? Or  is that just your opinion? Come on!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Gamesplay 90%

Sound 97%

Multiplayer 95%

Value 95%

Lasting appeal 95%

So they posted a joke review? Or is it just you not agreeing with what they said?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Izik

thinking this is the greatest game ever made (it isnt).

Oh it is

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Terrible mmo's get 5-6/10 so a really good one should be about 8.5-10/10. 

Id say about a 9/10 for me. 

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Who the hell reads reviews from gaming sites anymore? Think they are somehow more pro than us, MMORPG fans with over a decade of MMO gaming under our belt? Or do you think they are more objective, unbiased? MMORPG.coms own review of SWTOR is a perfect example of how much of a 'fanboi' they can be. Add to that the marketing money from game developers and what you have is... look, just avoid them like the plague.
  • teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

get used to it.  The low-mid level game is an honest 9/10, which by review site standards makes it a 9.9/10.  I wouldnt expect to see many scores lower than that one.

Giving it a 95% in lasting appeals is just silly though, nobody knows if it will have it.  For instance, take the number of people who bought a 3 month or more sub in Rift because their first month was so enojoyable only to stop playing before the sub time was up.  there were LOTS of these people, because the game had no lasting appeal but that wasnt easily deduced.  (Trion's updating has tried to reverse this, and its only somewhat effective.  People tend to go back for a month here and a month there but Trion still struggles to hook people continuously).  But the point is, no one can know.  This is probably the most fun first week ive ever had in an MMO and I havent even gotten to the dungeons yet.  But I have no idea how much ill want to play 3 months from now.  I *think* Ill be hooked, but i don't know.

• BubbaganooshBubbaganoosh Member UncommonPosts: 25

Rating for me is

out of a scale of 88

an 88 being pretty good

a 110 being excellent

a 150 being awful

a 3 being not bad

I would give GW2 a 26c

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Gamesplay 90%

Sound 97%

Multiplayer 95%

Value 95%

Lasting appeal 95%

It is a review of the game, not the launch. They are right to not mark it on issues that will be gone in days. The score is good.

You seem bitter.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I have so far been blown away by the graphics tho.

All the environments, one by one are a true piece of art!

Just like how the environments are in LOTRO! Amazing pieces of art.

Graphics is not just messured about realism, it's about looking at all the details and the zones and characters as a whole.

People seem to forget that these days.

Back in 2004 I absolutely hated the graphics in WoW... too cartoony for me.

But when I played WoW more and more back then, I actually started to appreciate it more and more... looking at the whole picture and noticed that some of the zones in vanilla WoW were true pieces of art! Very amazingly done with great atmosphere.

• ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu Member Posts: 66
    best mmo in recent years 94% well deserved
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Buy a high end system and check in again , the game looks incredible.
    The style may not be your cup of thea, but for me this looks awesome enough to say the score is justified.

9.4 haters gonne hate hmm.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Guess that will be another review people will be laughing at in a month or so.  Somewhere between 75% and 80% would be more realistic.

Lasting appeal and multiplayer isn't that great.  Amazing how most things involve people around you, yet it still feels like soloing.  Content levels also decline as you level, and are lacking anyway.  DE's aren't that dynamic and just repeat.  Combat is simplistic and spammy.

Agree on the graphics, but a shame its not dx11 as they are let down in places.

Sound is average, so should be nowhere near what they claim.