Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welp back to WoW....

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Vhaln

If someone's done everything in GW2 so soon, they've gotta be the kind of player that's long since done everything in WoW, too.  What does such a player do in WoW then, that makes it better?

Instagib people in their High Warlord Gear or whatever the hell people call it nowadays?

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

The awesome thing about the B2P model is even if you are one of those power levelers, you can go play some other game while the rest of the community catches up and then you can rejoin them.

I never saw the sense of power leveling, but everyone is different.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Can't believe people are .. buying what the OP is saying! I mean... really? Leveling to max, in a game he dislike? He didn't even played the game, let alone leveling to 80!

But I am more .. surprised at people from this thread who ... believe him!

Deh, internet and naive people ...

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by MercAngel

lol too all that have rushed to lvl 80 and are now cyring that there is nothing to do

you are right once you hit lvl 80 there nothign to do becuse ther are only a few that are lvl 80 and i bet the most are the only lvl 80 on there server so you can not go to any zones higher 50 as there will be no one around to help with events and there no way you can go to Orr withc for the most part is nothing but lvl 80 DE's.

so goput the game down and wait a few mounths the you have something to do weh the rest of the players get to 80

Actually there is a ton to do at level 80. With the Zones down leveling you to the zones cap you can even find content to do at 80 in the starter zones. Anywhere the OP goes there would be content for him/her to do. We aren't even touching on PvP or personal story here. Nor are we talking about the zone completions and etc. As a WoW player you would think the OP would be glad to see that even after all that there are a ton of achievements he/she could go after. 

There is so much content it's a guarantee that the OP didn't even get through 20% of the game. All he did was get to level 80 which you can do in a day probably if you wanted to spend money on gems, convert them to gold, then buy mats and craft all day. Or you can simply do it the easy way and que up for PvP since it bumps you to 80 anyways. I mean if you are going to skip the content and state the game has none might as well do it the easy way. ake a Screen Shot and call it a day lol. Save yourself time and money. 

• Gunned813Gunned813 Member Posts: 31
    I'll bet anyone in this thread $500 the OP can't even locate an open world dungeon. Hint: There's one in a 20ish zone. So if he missed it, then his boredom is probably caused by his tunnelvision.
  • IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

OP makes some good points and I think we'll see this same opinion pop up within the next few months. All this nonsense about going back to prior zones and completing them/running DEs is just recycled content. Sure it's fun for some, but for hardcore gamers it's just a chore.

PVE comes down to grinding for looks. You get to look cooler, and can wave your epeen around that you completed content. You don't get more powerful, which eliminates 50% of the reason to grind for gear in MMOs.

Endgame in GW2 comes down to if you like SPVP and/or WvWvW. This will be the best endgame. If you love the pvp in GW2 it will last you a long time. If you're meh on it and only focusing on PVE, you will be bored in a month.

Originally posted by Izik

OP makes some good points and I think we'll see this same opinion pop up within the next few months. All this nonsense about going back to prior zones and completing them/running DEs is just recycled content. Sure it's fun for some, but for hardcore gamers it's just a chore.

PVE comes down to grinding for looks. You get to look cooler, and can wave your epeen around that you completed content. You don't get more powerful, which eliminates 50% of the reason to grind for gear in MMOs.

Endgame in GW2 comes down to if you like SPVP and/or WvWvW. This will be the best endgame. If you love the pvp in GW2 it will last you a long time. If you're meh on it and only focusing on PVE, you will be bored in a month.

More diversity in MMOs. Good for everyone in the long term.

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by Izik

More diversity in MMOs. Good for everyone in the long term.

This is true. If anything GW2 breaks the mold - which is good for developers and gamers and the future of the genre.

• GaleOmGaleOm Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I have feeling that OP never played GW2. He just made troll thread to bash game with some stuff that were criticized in recent MMOs.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the OP is trolling. Not because I don't think he got to 80 (people got to 80 the first day), but because of the people who got to 80, all of them admitted to blasting through the game, and not really experiencing most of the content.

Furthermore, the number of lvl 80s in the game is fairly minimal, so as people like this guy said, there's just not enough people @ endgame to really experience it, but it's there.

Personally, I'm currently sitting @ lvl 60 (I didn't do the powergrind of the above guy), and I've already hit a point where there's a lot of content I simply can't do yet, because there aren't enough people there to succeed. Many of the upper lvl areas are full of failed events, outposts overrun by enemies, etc, simply because there aren't enough players to drive back the enemy forces.

- Basically, the reason I think the OP is trolling, is because for him to be telling the truth, he would've basically had to grind to 80, maybe spend a couple minutes looking around, and then immediately rage quit the game. He simply wouldn't have had enough time to make an accurate assessment of endgame, even if the game had endgame raids. It would be like if he ran a race early, got to the finish line, and then immediately left to post about how much the reward ceremony sucked. It's just ridiculous.

I'm not saying the endgame will appeal to everyone, but I have yet to meet a person who is honestly complaining about a lack of content in the game, yet also has a firm grasp of what content is actually in game. Most player are having the exact opposite problem, and find themselves overwhelmed at the amount of stuff to do, and are struggling to figure out what to do first.

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by tabindex
     You can fart on an apple tree for three days and get level 80.

Dam wish i had known this 4 days ago. Anyways off to find an apple tree.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by noseforauto

Originally posted by nine56 Can I have your stuff?

I would normally, but I refunded the game, because I purchased it fewer than 30 days ago.

Screen shot or the refund (and the rest of the story for that matter) never happened.

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Guild Wars 2 is a decent game that I am really glad doens't have a subscription fee.  I find the game to get rather stale over long stretches, but I can see myself going back to it and eventually getting at least one character to maximum level.  Both TSW and GW2 have pretty flexible character development options, but I felt like the backseat driver in GW2.  The best thing GW2 has over WoW is that it's new.  I don't necessarily think that GW2 is really any better of a game.

What I like about TSW over GW2 is that once you get your character developed, you just go through the story, hit end game and go do whatever.  My GW2 character is 27 or so and doesn't have anything to look forward to except for one elite skill selection at level 30, which I already have enough skill points saved up to buy at least of them.  Slogging through another 50 meaningless levels only spending trait points isn't really a great incentive.  To be honest... 5 levels in WoW over 50 levels in GW2... I'll take the 5 WoW levels.

I hope GW2 does well. I hope it forces Blizzard to really ramp up the quality/quantity of their content.  I'm not sure where I'm going to end up spending my time.  I was pretty excited about all these great new MMOs coming out, but now that the great GW2 has finally come and gone, I'm looking back and not seeing anything all that special.  TSW was easily the best of the bunch imo.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Vhaln

If someone's done everything in GW2 so soon, they've gotta be the kind of player that's long since done everything in WoW, too.  What does such a player do in WoW then, that makes it better?

Pay good money to wait for raid unlocks, that's what.

• sirchivesirchive Member UncommonPosts: 72

Just to throw in my personal two cents, I'm already bored.

I'm starting to see GW2 as a very pretty surface over a hollow and dull core. Spending untold hours plodding through this cutesy little world performing thousands of little tasks and taking part in thousands of little mini events that are just on an endless loop is starting to seem pointless.

Sadly, the WvW also feels flat and dull. Very pretty though.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Like there's really much else to do in WoW apart from either AFK'ing in Orgrimmar/Stormwind while you wait for a Dungeon or Running round in circles on your mount in Orgrimmar/Stormwind while you wait for a Dungeon.

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

How do you figure you are done, bypassing 99% of the content?

He might as well flush his money down the toilet.

• MuridanMuridan Member Posts: 94

"I zergged my way to 80 and now I'm bored" 

Q freaking Q 

You missed out on a fantastic game, too bad you couldn't slow down long enough to actually enjoy it. 

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by noseforauto So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?
    How do you figure you are done, bypassing 99% of the content?

How often do people do all of the content in a game before they quite? I'd say not very many. Plus, I see no point in doing lower level DEs. They all feel pretty much the same. Kill these, collect those, protect them. I mean, what more is there to experience? I've seen enough to know that they don't vary all that much.

What makes WOW so fun once you are geared unless you like alts it gets old fast. Id go play rift again before wow lol those graphics make me hack.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Most of my friends who played GW1 like crazy don't like GW2 so far. They just see it as being the same as WoW. While that's clearly not the case, those people don't like MMOs and their grinds and the only MMO they know about is WoW so they think that their favourite game has been WoWified cause GW2 has a lot more in common with WoW.

Two of my real life friends bought the collectors edition of GW2 and they are seriously disappointed with how the game plays. THose are people who have played GW1 for probably over 3k hours and have GWAMM and 50/50 in HoM.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by fivoroth

Most of my friends who played GW1 like crazy don't like GW2 so far. They just see it as being the same as WoW. While that's clearly not the case, those people don't like MMOs and their grinds and the only MMO they know about is WoW so they think that their favourite game has been WoWified cause GW2 has a lot more in common with WoW.

Two of my real life friends bought the collectors edition of GW2 and they are seriously disappointed with how the game plays. THose are people who have played GW1 for probably over 3k hours and have GWAMM and 50/50 in HoM.

Well GW2 is really only related to GW1 in terms of lore, and even then it's about 250 years after the original games. Everything else...well you get the idea.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I don't really like the way the OP has trolled so many people in his responses.  But there are a lot of people who love gear grinding and WOW end game raids.  GW2 has abandoned that crowd, at least for now.  I could only deal with scheduling my life around "endgame" for about a year total between Vanilla and BC.  It's just not for me. 

When you take end game raids out of WOW, there's not left for me to like.  I loved classic AV, and WvWvW appears to be a supercharged version of it.

Getting a refund on the game after hitting 80 is slimy, but whatever. 

GW2 presents, to me, a better leveling experience and community.  They've done what Blizzard use to to, which was to take the good from existing games and get rid of the rest.  They got rid of the crappy trinity, gear grind, quest hubs, endless dailies disguised as "content" and the elitist endgame.

Endgame in GW2 to me will be crafting, WvWvW, some dungeons and lots of alts.

• PitrocelliPitrocelli Member CommonPosts: 9

I have seen this coming. 

I spend some time collecting information about this game to avoid being scammed like with Diablo 3.

This game feels to me like giant "hamster in wheel" simulator. You do your think but it takes you nowhere. RPG element of improving your class is non-existant after level 80. You are just tuning it, trade this for that .. just like in league of legends rune system.

Difference is, in LOL u have tens of classes available after you hit max level with various playstyles. 

After one or .. several months for most casual gamers i am afraid WvWvW will be overflown with several hour long queves and there will be nothink else to do except to farm for prettier clothes. That's why i did not buy GW 2. I am looking for game for years to come. Still i am lurking forums hoping somebody or game itself in time will proove me wrong. Players had fun even in Diablo 3 until they hit inferno. 

Anyways i wish u all fun ingame while it lasts, still i am afraid after 80 this forum will turn more negative. 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Pitrocelli

I have seen this coming. 

I spend some time collecting information about this game to avoid being scammed like with Diablo 3.

This game feels to me like giant "hamster in wheel" simulator. You do your think but it takes you nowhere. RPG element of improving your class is non-existant after level 80. You are just tuning it, trade this for that .. just like in league of legends rune system.

Difference is, in LOL u have tens of classes available after you hit max level with various playstyles. 

After one or .. several months for most casual gamers i am afraid WvWvW will be overflown with several hour long queves and there will be nothink else to do except to farm for prettier clothes. That's why i did not buy GW 2. I am looking for game for years to come. Still i am lurking forums hoping somebody or game itself in time will proove me wrong. Players had fun even in Diablo 3 until they hit inferno. 

Anyways i wish u all fun ingame while it lasts, still i am afraid after 80 this forum will turn more negative. 

Why are you interested in MMORPGs at all then?

GW2 has never been advertised as a skinner-box model (which is EXACTLY what a hamster in a wheel simulator actually is). The point is to experience the game how you want to. To choose to experience it like a linear grind, and then bash the game for your own personal decision, is pretty laughable, don't you think?

I hate to say it, but the problem for you isn't with the games. It's with you. You've adopted a mentallity that makes it impossible for any game to live up to. You're expectations and perspective are completely disjointed from reality. The simple truth is that, even if technology was to get to the point where it could offer what you are asking for; by the time it did, you would want something even more ridiculous, and still claim that nothing has changed.

Doesn't matter that you don't like GW2, but sooner or later you've got to realize that essentially ALL video games are repetative tasks in some form or another. You either have fun with it, or you don't.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

its an MMO for casuals, i am sorry for you ...

i just dinged 20lvl and i had just explore my main city and the first area ...