Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look at all the purty colors!

Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150

So after been watching a whole bunch of youtube vids of gameplay at different lvls and "settings" it just seems to me like this is really a solo player game.. Is there any teamwork required at all? It looks like everyone is just running around minding their own buisness, and dont really have to know whats goin or what their "companions" are doing.

Is there ANY tactics required at all or do you just ->  Enter fight, smash attack, dodge, self heal and repeat"? at times maybe throw out a random buff at someone..

No trolling, just wondering..

Comments

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Raxxo82

So after been watching a whole bunch of youtube vids of gameplay at different lvls and "settings" it just seems to me like this is really a solo player game.. Is there any teamwork required at all? It looks like everyone is just running around minding their own buisness, and dont really have to know whats goin or what their "companions" are doing.

Is there ANY tactics required at all or do you just ->  Enter fight, smash attack, dodge, self heal and repeat"? at times maybe throw out a random buff at someone..

Not trolling??.... ok

Any tactics other than dodging, healing yourself, moving and attacking .... so what did you hope for?

Im still lowish lvl 12 but I fight along side people ALL the time, I may not group but we are in the same event on the same mobs helping each other, I make sure I lay down my fire wall so they can do more damage, Its very rare to fight a mob solo and when it is, its a mob iv picked out mabye its near an Onion or a carrot I want :)

Of course its super busy, its really tough to find an event thats not got 4 to 6 people into it.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by trozyxxx

Not trolling??.... ok

Any tactics other than dodging, healing yourself, moving and attacking .... so what did you hope for?

Im still lowish lvl 12 but I fight along side people ALL the time, I may not group but we are in the same event on the same mobs helping each other, I make sure I lay down my fire wall so they can do more damage, Its very rare to fight a mob solo and when it is, its a mob iv picked out mabye its near an Onion or a carrot I want :)

Of course its super busy, its really tough to find an event thats not got 4 to 6 people into it.

But all the people you do fight with could just as easily be replaced by NPCs and your expierience would not change at all.....

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Doomedfox

Not trolling??.... ok

But all the people you do fight with could just as easily be replaced by NPCs and your expierience would not change at all.....

Really, with AI you can say that for any game.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Not trolling??.... ok

Yes it would change - play GW1 much? There is communication between players that you do not get from NPC's also NPC's require you to point a target for them and when there is an invasion wll need to be targeted.

You are missing the point. The DE's are there so everyone can group and no one has to do it alone.

If you want a solo game - play Skyrim or TOR.

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    I don't know how others play, but i definately pay attention to what others are doing and react on that. I take advantage of combo fields being set up by repositioning myself. If i see someone low on hp i pull out a heal, protection, CC, or try to get in between him and the mob, if at all possible. Rez any downed player i see. Mind you, it's pointless doing much of this in the lower level zones at the moment, since there are too many players there. Currently zones between 20-30 have the best spread population for interesting DE's. In a few weeks, population will have spread all over the maps, and that's when things will really start to get interesting.
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Not trolling??.... ok

I was on last night doing a DE with just NPCs and there was a MASSIVE difference so as a literary device that statement was pretty bad.  Look it's OK if you don't understand something. No need to go making stuff up.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

Originally posted by GamerUntouch

Not trolling??.... ok

Really, with AI you can say that for any game.

Well sure you can i just wanted to point out that the gamedesign does not require you do actually communicate with other players you just zerg alongside them so it would not matter if you replace them with NPCs and just make it a single player game your experience would not change at all. 

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

It looks like everyone is just running around minding their own buisness, and dont really have to know whats goin or what their "companions" are doing.

I have to kinda agree and it's one of the things that has me on the fence atm as to whether I am going to enjoy the game or not.

Hopefully things will improve when the players spread out more but atm it just seems a disorganised cluster ****

Now before people jump all over me : I'm not saying it's the games fault but more the player bases but it does impact on your overall view and impression.

I hope it get's better the further you progress and the more the players are spread out

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

So after been watching a whole bunch of youtube vids of gameplay at different lvls and "settings" it just seems to me like this is really a solo player game.. Is there any teamwork required at all?

watching and playing are two different things - wait for a trial i guess

Originally posted by Leethe

Not trolling??.... ok

I was on last night doing a DE with just NPCs and there was a MASSIVE difference so as a literary device that statement was pretty bad.  Look it's OK if you don't understand something. No need to go making stuff up.

You should have taken your own advise and not comment for you obviously do not understand ;)

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

I'm now level 60 and from the few Story Line Dungeon's and Major Group Events I have completed I can tell you there is tactics there is team work!

The people who ignore the tactics are the ones screeming for a "Rez" which infuriates me more due to it being REVIVE!! This is not a solo game :D

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!