It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
first of all I would like to apologize for my poor English. As I am from a non english speaking country I am not used to write in English at all:)
Now back to topic
I have played Ultima Online for about 10 years (more or less, with quite a few breaks between) on OSI and several freeshards, I have played WoW for about 2 years and tried several other MMOs (Warhammer Online, Atlantica Online, LotRO, Tibia). Currently I am playing Guild Wars 2 on which I had put all my hopes, but I am already noticing that my interest is already fading...
Perhaps you guys, as real experts in this area, can point me to a MMO that I can love for the next 10 years?
I am looking for game that contains the following aspects:
- a great and active PvP system (I do not care if it is Full Loot oder Theme Park style. I loved WoW because (and not instead) of the PvP system; i enjoyed Pre-Trammel-Fighting in UO; I am looking for an active PvP community. I do not care if it is instanced, Battlegrounds, Realm vs Realm etc. although I would prefer Open PvP; and it does not have to be completely balanced as gear based pvp is never balanced)
- considerable game depth (perhaps similar to Ultima Online; simply put: there should be enough stuff to keep my interest for a long time)
- a "living" and perhaps striving game (I do not want to put my heart in a game that will probably be shut down in a couple of months)
Nice to have:
- a great crafting system
- housing (preferably non instanced)
- an adult community
- sandbox (rather than theme park)
- a western MMO (because of the time zone, so no korean MMO)
Not so important:
So, is there a game like this out there? Is there another Ultima Online?
From what I have learned so long, there are several games that combine a few of these aspects?
- The secret world (nice story, nice setting, but no reasonable pvp system? And bad sales, so will probably decline?)
- Darkfall Online (great PvP, but lacks all other stuff; all seem to wait for patch 2.0, which has yet to be announced?)
- Age of Online (great graphics, interesting setting, but seems to be dying?)
- Rift (basically WoW 2.0? So I could just play WoW instead?)
- Runescape (quite old, Free 2 Play; how is PvP?)
- Eve Online (seems to come closest to what I am looking for?)
Thank you very much!