Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i have a problem installing battlefield 1942,

i installed bf1942 and uninstalled it by deleting the folder, i did not know this isnt the way to do it, there are no traces of bf1942 exept for in add/remove programs , when i click Change/Remove this the error comes up"an installation support file could not be installed" "catastrophic failiure", this is the same error that comes when i try to install it, ive been searching google for about 3 hours, it wasnt much help. please help me. any help would be greatly apreciated!

zac

Comments

• AngryHippieAngryHippie Member Posts: 214
    If you only deleted the folder there will still be bf1942 stuff in your registry, maybe that's why you can't reinstall. You could try TweakNow RegCleaner, scan with it and only remove the bf1942 files it will find. Not sure that will clean everything but at least you should be able to reinstall the game.
  • LightSlayerLightSlayer Member Posts: 182
    Thats not even a MMO =(

---------------------------------------------

• macchesneymacchesney Member Posts: 15
    ok, 2 things, ohh, i thought this was in off0topic and, i tried to search for any remaining bf1942 in the registry but i couldnt find any,
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by macchesney
    ok, 2 things, ohh, i thought this was in off0topic and, i tried to search for any remaining bf1942 in the registry but i couldnt find any,

Install it in the same place then uninstall the "right way"(with shortcut or from control panel). That usually works.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by JelloB2000
    Originally posted by macchesney
    ok, 2 things, ohh, i thought this was in off0topic and, i tried to search for any remaining bf1942 in the registry but i couldnt find any,

Install it in the same place then uninstall the "right way"(with shortcut or from control panel). That usually works.

Learn to read.

He said the error comes up when installing also.

the problem is i cant install it in the 1st place, when i insert the cd the menu comes, i click install and then it says the error above
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Like someone else said its because there is still information in the registry so untill you get rid of it its going to think the game is already installed.

how can i remove it from my registry?
  • TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

You can find the registry stuff in regedit.

• answeredanswered Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Here, I'll Fix it for y'all  : )
    Battlefield 1942 leaves a lot of entries in the Registry and on a bad install or uninstall its possible that all of them are not removed.
    Once you remove them all then you can once again install the game. Here are 9 Registry Entries that I found related to Battlefield.
    I got rid of them and I could install the game once again...
    Enjoy!    - monsterpianoplayer

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectInput\BF1942.EXE417564C400563000

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore\d69c4800_0

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives\Volume{26588170-3c7e-11ea-9ff6-806e6f6e6963}

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{26588170-3c7e-11ea-9ff6-806e6f6e6963}

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UFH\SHC

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\Children\3c291c12-ba8b-4e96-b9f3-1db26373a2b7

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 1942

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\electronic arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{698D7E61-E4BF-4CA6-8A09-CF6BDBFDEF65}