Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General Setup

buckoxxbuckoxx Member Posts: 1
Hey, This is my first post on these Forums so Hello!

Anyway, onto my problem, I am not a big gaming person and use my Computer for mainly University Work and the odd game. I used to play a lot of WoW and my computer could run it fine with low/med settings so I was happy with that. Anyway I recently purchased Guild Wars 2 and only seem to be getting around 4-5 FPS. From what people have told me it is probably my graphics card.

These are my system specs - 

MODEL - G5120uk

RAM - 3G

Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor 2.90 GHz

64 Bit Windows 7

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Nforce 430 I believe is my Graphics card

I have been told due to a certain Power Cable? I can only get certain Graphics Cards?

To Sum up - 

What would be the best way to make it so my system can play Guild Wars 2 efficiently (it doesn't have to be great graphics just run smoothly)

Thanks for all those who read.

Comments

• simonwest80simonwest80 Member Posts: 173

Ok found your actual PC now

CPU should be ok but by all accounts GW2 is a bitch in WvW

You have mismatched memory - grab another 2gb stick and swap it with the 1gb

Now without a new PSU you "may" be able to get something like an ATI 7750.  

Fit fans on the side and at the bottom at the back to increase the airflow 

If you looked to change the PSU you could then look at an ATI 7770 or higher

With the ram and the 7750 i think you should at least have GW2 playable - though i make no promises.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02459862&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=4169547&prodTypeId=12454

So after looking over the specs for your system if you wish to upgrade to an actual GPU it would appear you will need to consider getting a new power supply as well.  As I can't tell the overall dimensions of your current power supply nor the size of the area it sits in I can't really recommend anything at this time.  However based on the size of your case and since I am currently looking at small form factor cases myself it's probably safe to assume your system will support up to a 160mm PSU which is fairly standard.

What is the budget you are willing to spend to upgrade your system?

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Honestly, I'm going to recommend just getting a new computer. Sell this one off to defray the cost if you wish (they are worth a bit more as entire working units).

There's nothing wrong with that HP for school work. For gaming, your going to have to put about as much in parts into it as you would just end up building a new one, with solid components, and more reliability.

You could pop a AMD 7750 in there, it would be a lot faster graphics-wise, and get much better FPS on low-medium settings, but you'll not really be able to go much higher than that due to case and power supply issues, and you'll quickly bottleneck on that CPU with limited ability to overclock.