Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do TERA players think of Guild Wars 2

124»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Unless you have a reason to group, you are unlikely to communicate. With everyone a healer and groups forming and disbanding for simply moving in to and out of an area GW2 was not built for chatting.
  • prodigaL_sonprodigaL_son Member Posts: 21

I've played and quit both.

Tera had better combat, but their levelling system sucked.

GW2 has better PvE, but I hate PvE.  The PvP is a zergfest and, like Tera, the character customization in looks and playstyle is limited.  I can pick the typical thief look in GW2 or I can look like a muscled out body builder or raging trannie in Tera.  No thanks on both accounts.

I now play neither.  MMOs are stale.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    But seriously, how is the community in this game? Do people in groups generally talk and be social to one another or is everyone quiet and unsocial like so many are in most all MMO's these days? I am so tired of the alone feeling I have been seeing in todays MMO's. I hope this is not the case with GW2...
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Wrender
    But seriously, how is the community in this game? Do people in groups generally talk and be social to one another or is everyone quiet and unsocial like so many are in most all MMO's these days? I am so tired of the alone feeling I have been seeing in todays MMO's. I hope this is not the case with GW2...

There's a lot of chatter in /map, but DE's aren't as chatty - usually they're over too fast to talk and you really can't play a dynamic combat game like this while you're talking.  I do most of my chatting on vent with my guild.  It's a very guild friendly game.  If you want people to just break out into conversation in the middle of nowhere, you might not find it unless you go to some super-casual RP server.  Then again, I rarely ever saw anyone just chat it up in WoW either, so I never understood the complaint.

The community is generally great though, except on Sorrow's Furnace.  They seem to be kind of stupid.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Wrender
    Are the graphics really as ugly as everyone says compared to TERA?

they are not ugly but certainly not has good as Tera,but gw2 gameplay is better than TERA..I suppose its each to their own.