Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

damn the MMO hype monkey robbed me again!

Comments

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by airborne1312

Luckily i only paid £44.99 from gamesplanet though!

I was expecting to be blown away...stupid me AGAIN.

I have given it my best 8 hours of playing but feel uninspired AGAIN.

The combat reminds me of warhammer which i hated and the graphics of rift/LOTRO which i hated also AGAIN.

The dynamic events are worse than the quest hubs...absolutely mindnumbingly tedious and repetitive AGAIN.

Perhaps im burnt out on MMOs but this isnt what i expected AGAIN.

The next game i will pay for is WarZ...perhaps sandbox is the way forward.

My final thought on MMOs:

This wil be the last one i ever motherfukin buy!

And i wont be reading this forum again..it is plagued by hidden subliminal messages telling me how great an MMO will be before it is released.

Back to Counterstrike until warz...........

Big mistake.  When dealing with an overhyped game you should wait atleast 3 weeks before going public with your dissatisfation.

The hype usually wears off about then and the "best game evar" turns into "the bigges failure evar"

Come back in 2-3 weeks and repost this and watch how many agree with you...right now your just a troll or a blizzard fanboi or whatever the hype crew is calling people that dont agree with them these days...

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Which was spot on :)

Seriously though it's doing the exact same thing so I hope we all understand it. Typically, when someone says something stupid we ignore it. On the internetz though it's a better medium for taking something far beyond its completion.

tl:dr

Haters and fanboys do the same things in the opposite direction and then use the fact the other does it against the other... Yes the practice is as messed up as that last sentence.

It's entertaining though.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

The combat reminds me of warhammer which i hated and the graphics of rift/LOTRO which i hated also AGAIN.

The dynamic events are worse than the quest hubs...absolutely mindnumbingly tedious and repetitive AGAIN.

And i wont be reading this forum again..it is plagued by hidden subliminal messages telling me how great an MMO will be before it is released.

I guess you missed the metric ton of information, videos, blogs, that explained the gameplay, theme and style in extensive detail.

Hope you find something you like... and would recommend to listening to your own opinion instead of that monkey.  Doesnt seem to be working for you ;-)

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70

Don't worry OP. There'll always be a new game to be overhyped about. In a month all these zealots will be ArcheAge fanboys, or whatever comes next.

GW2 will pass through the world of gaming unremarkably.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Which was spot on :)

Seriously though it's doing the exact same thing so I hope we all understand it. Typically, when someone says something stupid we ignore it. On the internetz though it's a better medium for taking something far beyond its completion.

tl:dr

Haters and fanboys do the same things in the opposite direction and then use the fact the other does it against the other... Yes the practice is as messed up as that last sentence.

It's entertaining though.

Its not the haters or fanboys or whatever.  They are actually comical.  To me its the people who complain that they were cheated or lied to as if someone forced them to purchase the game.

Own up to your decision and take the loss like a man.  In terms of not liking the game... GW2 isnt going to be for everybody. Its expected that some will dislike it.  But let those that do enjoy it.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by thunderC

If your not loving this game maybe its time to quit MMO's. I mean cmon lol

Naa..its just different tastes.i can see where people wouldn't like GW2
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Just go back to WoW and don't ever bother with a new videogame again. New things are not for you. Everything you try you hate(GW2, TERA, SWTOR), so quit trying. Just go back to WoW and be satisfied with the exact same thing forever.

Congrats though, alot of people wish they could get married.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    My advice for the OP or anyone else having similar thoughts: Don't give up on it too soon. Ignore the unrealistic hype and fanboi praise and just play the game and decide for yourself. And don't forget that, just as in any MMO, the early part of the game can be a little different from the rest fo the game.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Just go back to WoW and don't ever bother with a new videogame again. New things are not for you. Everything you try you hate(GW2, TERA, SWTOR), so quit trying. Just go back to WoW and be satisfied with the exact same thing forever.

I was just wondering when some fan will pull 'go back to WOW card'. It almost made to page 4 without someone using this meme..well....that is something.

Bite Me

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by Baddogbill
    Originally posted by Wolvards
    Originally posted by Krytycal

Can't really say I blame you, some folks around here hyped the game like it was Jesus' second coming. Fortunately I was able to play long enough to realize it's just another themepark with a different paintjob and saved myself $60. Hell, TSW felt more refreshing and that's not saying much.

I'll probably try PlanetSide II next. I guess I'm burned out on fantasy MMOs.

I'm sorry, but anytime I see this from one side or the other, it's facepalm worthy.

You see it a lot from all the haters ...they like the catch words ...it's how all the cool kids talkz

Maybe it's only the "haters" using that term, but that's only because no fanboys of the game would say it's the next "Jesus."  FFS, stop taking everything so literally.  When many of the fanboys are proclaiming that the game will revolutionize, or "SAVE" the MMO genre, it's no wonder people have trotted out the Jesus or "messiah" line at every opportunity.  You guys may not have used the actual words, but you certainly conveyed that message.  

I'd much rather the fanboys called it "Jesus' second coming" to be honest. It's got comedic value at least. The whole "revolutionize" line never made much sense to me, I guess it's a good thing it doesn't get thrown around anymore.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by gestalt11

Um what?  That highlighted part is verging on out of touch with reality.  I don't mean that as a flame.  I mean it seriously. 

You don't have to like the game and are entitled to your opinion but if you think the combat is even vaguely similar to Warhammer online you are really really missing something.  I don't know what but its something really important.

Funny thing is these are things that anybody should have seen on youtube or screenshots before even thinking of buying a game. Why would someone buy a game that looks like games they don't like. Puzzling.......

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Thanks for sharing friend :) I love MMO's and will definatly contiueing playing them until they die out (which I hope never happens but it will). As for Guild Wars 2, I am enjoying every second I spend in that game.
  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    The game is just another themepark. What were you really expecting here?
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Nikkita

I was just wondering when some fan will pull 'go back to WOW card'. It almost made to page 4 without someone using this meme..well....that is something.

Take a moment to look at his post history. WoW was his first mmorpg - played for 7 years off an on. Then he tried SWTOR - didn't like it - states that it's hard to play anything after WoW. Then he tries TERA - again states that maybe he'd like the game more if he hadn't started out playing WoW. Then he plays GW2 and states - it's happened again.

HE should go back to WoW because he likes WoW, otherwise he'd be going on about how things are NOT like WoW. 

Here is the thing. Guess what GW2 isn't?   WOW!

So if he doesn't like things that aren't WoW, then that should say something.

So even though you might think its trash talk because people going back to WoW is really an insult, it's just better if he plays what he knows.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Take a moment to look at his post history. WoW was his first mmorpg - played for 7 years off an on. Then he tried SWTOR - didn't like it - states that it's hard to play anything after WoW. Then he tries TERA - again states that maybe he'd like the game more if he hadn't started out playing WoW. Then he plays GW2 and states - it's happened again.

HE should go back to WoW because he likes WoW, otherwise he'd be going on about how things are NOT like WoW. 

So even though you might think its trash talk because people going back to WoW is really an insult, it's just better if he plays what he knows.

He actually said he is going back to counterstrike. Almost everyone here has played WOW so if someone dislikes GW2 doesn't automatically means it is because they are WOW fanboys.

[mod edit]

Bite Me

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

1.) Always research a game before buying it. A lot of your 'issues' such as graphics could of easily been seen through videos and screen shots.

2.) Hype is ALWAYS a bad thing. It can make even a good game look bad when it doesn't deliver, and while I don't think GW2 is the greatest game ever to begin with, the hype didn't help in making an illusion that it would be.

Think for yourself before buying games. Thats all I really got to say. Only a fool follows the crowd into territory they don't like.

He actually said he is going back to counterstrike. Almost everyone here has played WOW so if someone dislikes GW2 doesn't automatically means it is because they are WOW fanboys.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Yeah take your ball and go home now please. But i don't understand why are you forcing the poor chap to go back to WOW when he is already going back to CS. while happily waiting for warz.

*scratches head*

Bite Me

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Originally posted by thunderC
    If your not loving this game maybe its time to quit MMO's. I mean cmon lol

Or maybe the game just isn't for him? I mean out of the millions of people who are supposedly going to buy this game everyone isn't going to like it.  Everyone isn't going to subscribe to the theory that "it is the most innovative game out" simply because they chose what is in fact a pretty orignial mix of features that we have all seen before.

that's just the way I see it.  As for the fanboy/hater debate that has seemed to start on this thread I think GW2 out of many games is in a unique postition because I'd be willing to bet that it is being trolled by "haters" more to get under the skin of the highbrow know it alls who have trashed every other game while trying to hold GW2 up as something different when in truth it is full of features we've seen before just a different mix of those features.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

No game will satisfy these types of gamers.  He would hate all the upcoming mmos, such as, Archeage, TSW, The Repopulation, etc.  

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Guild wars 2 is the best mmo on the market, if you don't like guild wars 2 you probably wont like any other mmo.
  • Schoeneck93Schoeneck93 Member Posts: 70

I'm not sorry he doesn't like it.

He pretty much described hating all MMOs.

His loss.

Good for you, cool story bro .

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Just come play TERA with us on US servers.. People everywhere and not a single TERA player I know is buying GW2. Everyone says it looks like crap compared to TERA. Me included :)
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Guild wars 2 is the best mmo on the market, if you don't like guild wars 2 you probably wont like any other mmo.

The fanboy is strong with this one. :)

Thats a very very very opinionated answer, and to call a game that has been out for only a few days 'the best mmo' is a pretty bold thing. After all, wasn't SWTOR the best MMO of 2011 with only a week out? Look where that ended up going. XD

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

Not to be a jerk OP, but looking at all your previous post it seems you hate everyone and everything and every game accept vanilla wow......

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Wrender
    Just come play TERA with us on US servers.. People everywhere and not a single TERA player I know is buying GW2. Everyone says it looks like crap compared to TERA. Me included :)

He already tried Tera and didn't like it because he didn't think it was as good as WoW,