Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

damn the MMO hype monkey robbed me again!

airborne1312airborne1312 Member Posts: 56

Luckily i only paid £44.99 from gamesplanet though!

I was expecting to be blown away...stupid me AGAIN.

I have given it my best 8 hours of playing but feel uninspired AGAIN.

The combat reminds me of warhammer which i hated and the graphics of rift/LOTRO which i hated also AGAIN.

The dynamic events are worse than the quest hubs...absolutely mindnumbingly tedious and repetitive AGAIN.

Perhaps im burnt out on MMOs but this isnt what i expected AGAIN.

The next game i will pay for is WarZ...perhaps sandbox is the way forward.

My final thought on MMOs:

This wil be the last one i ever motherfukin buy!

And i wont be reading this forum again..it is plagued by hidden subliminal messages telling me how great an MMO will be before it is released.

Back to Counterstrike until warz...........

Comments

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Good for you, thanks for sharing.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    I disagree with your opinion but hey it is your opinion ;)

Bite Me

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

Sorry you don't Like it.

I am loving it

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I will wait with baited breath for your next legendary mmo review.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by airborne1312

The combat reminds me of warhammer which i hated and the graphics of rift/LOTRO which i hated also AGAIN.

The dynamic events are worse than the quest hubs...absolutely mindnumbingly tedious and repetitive AGAIN.

And i wont be reading this forum again..it is plagued by hidden subliminal messages telling me how great an MMO will be before it is released.

Your lack of faith has angered the voices, you will be punished.

Isn't WarZ an MM-oh nevermind.  Edit: and Counterstri...GRRWAAAW! I keep falling for it!

Thanks for sharing.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

As of right now GW2 is by far the best MMO in the market in terms of innovation and overall well on every aspect.

Seems to me like you are burnt out, i know this because im burnt out as well. GW2 will be the only mmo i will be playing, i went from hardcore to casual player because i can't seem to like MMO anymore (maybe because im getting more mature and find these things silly now).

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

Can't really say I blame you, some folks around here hyped the game like it was Jesus' second coming. Fortunately I was able to play long enough to realize it's just another themepark with a different paintjob and saved myself $60. Hell, TSW felt more refreshing and that's not saying much.

I'll probably try PlanetSide II next. I guess I'm burned out on fantasy MMOs.

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Sounds like MMO's just aren't for you.  Best to stick with fps, sounds like you love those.  Planetside2 may be worth your while when it comes out.
  • ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

I have a feeling MMO's are not your cup of tea. Maybe stay with FPS's where you can jump in and out any time you want.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I didnt buy GW2 but I remember reading the same stuff when TSW came out.....I tried it in beta and kenw it wasn't a very good game, yet people here was saying spend the 50 bucks and the monthly blah blah blah......Every MMO nowadays I either try for free or take a wait and see approach...I vowed long ago not to buy based on what I read (especially hare) and it has been effective in playing MMOs.

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE MIGHTY GUILD WARS?!

lol sorry it didn't work out for you man.  I'd say keep trying to get the hang of it as there is a pretty steep learning curve.  I'm personally loving every bit of it.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Only £45?  I've never seen a regular edition of a PC game cost that much.  That's the same price as CoD titles....

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by xalvi

As of right now GW2 is by far the best MMO in the market in terms of innovation and overall well on every aspect.

Seems to me like you are burnt out, i know this because im burnt out as well. GW2 will be the only mmo i will be playing, i went from hardcore to casual player because i can't seem to like MMO anymore (maybe because im getting more mature and find these things silly now).

Doesn't getting old suck ? LoL. 

Anyway, before crowning GW2 as the next best MMO, like with TOR... you wait until 60 days in to see subscriber ( or in this case ) user droppoff... 

If it doesn't happen, you are right ;)

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by allegria

Anyway, before crowning GW2 as the next best MMO, like with TOR... you wait until 60 days in to see subscriber ( or in this case ) user droppoff... 

I think people should wait 30 to 60 days for just any MMO to form a real opinion.

Bite Me

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Its not for everyone, but i enjoy the guild wars world, and this game doesn't disappoint for the most part
  • WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Krytycal

Can't really say I blame you, some folks around here hyped the game like it was Jesus' second coming. Fortunately I was able to play long enough to realize it's just another themepark with a different paintjob and saved myself $60. Hell, TSW felt more refreshing and that's not saying much.

I'm sorry, but anytime I see this from one side or the other, it's facepalm worthy.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

I'll guarantee you never even stepped foot into the game, lol

Originally posted by allegria

Well, im in college atm not really that old. Yes, getting old sucks everything that i found entertaining when i was younger is now silly and old.......MMOs is the biggest thing i find silly now though lol, and i am getting this opinion when the mighty GW2 just launched.....which is sad.

• Originally posted by airborne1312

Um what?  That highlighted part is verging on out of touch with reality.  I don't mean that as a flame.  I mean it seriously. 

You don't have to like the game and are entitled to your opinion but if you think the combat is even vaguely similar to Warhammer online you are really really missing something.  I don't know what but its something really important.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    If your not loving this game maybe its time to quit MMO's. I mean cmon lol
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286
    OP has no one to blame but himself.   Everything about the game has been spelled out for him from all the various demos, betas, impressions, livestreams, etc.  If he didn't do any research into the game and just bought it because of the 'hype' then he deserves getting 'robbed'.
    Originally posted by thunderC
    If your not loving this game maybe its time to quit MMO's. I mean cmon lol

Agreed, i can't seem to find any other MMO atm that is better than GW2. I'm probably going to quit MMOs for i don't enjoy them anymore.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

And then you'll be posting on WarZ forums saying the same thing.  You're the type of person who wants the perfect MMO, which will never happen.  Maybe MMOs aren't for you anymore since you keep saying it's the same thing over and over AGAIN.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Wolvards

I'm sorry, but anytime I see this from one side or the other, it's facepalm worthy.

You see it a lot from all the haters ...they like the catch words ...it's how all the cool kids talkz

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Baddogbill
    Originally posted by Wolvards

You see it a lot from all the haters ...they like the catch words ...it's how all the cool kids talkz

Maybe it's only the "haters" using that term, but that's only because no fanboys of the game would say it's the next "Jesus."  FFS, stop taking everything so literally.  When many of the fanboys are proclaiming that the game will revolutionize, or "SAVE" the MMO genre, it's no wonder people have trotted out the Jesus or "messiah" line at every opportunity.  You guys may not have used the actual words, but you certainly conveyed that message.