Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom will continue to invest in TSW

2»

Comments

• eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by JosephJR

I ll continue suporting TSW , best mmorpg of this year

I think I am not alone ,....right?

absolutely right. and many of my friends will continue to play the game, and some will buy it after they are tired of vanguard (recently f2p) (gw2 doesn´t appeal much to them, still i bought it).

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Fashion Week a Free-to-play MMO, Social game In open beta phase, Investment phase

Pets vs Monsters a Free-to-play MMO In open beta phase, Monetization phase

Project A a Large scale MMO Concept phase, Investment phase

Project B a Free-to-play MMO Early development. Brand update

taken from http://www.newsweb.no/newsweb/search.do?messageId=306223 at the following link at that page Funcom 1Q12_presentation.pdf

Project A or B could be a massively multiplayer online game based on the hugely popular LEGO® Minifigures franchise.

As mentioned nothing viable in the pipeline.  All fluff projects, nothing with any meat on it at all.  No release dates given or published.  Lego Universe shutdown at the beginning of the year for good, so why anybody in the right mind would think another Lego MMO game is the way forward I don't know.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I can't understand what ea contributed to this. Why is their logo so prominent, weren't they supposed to market it.

200k sales seems low considering how good a game it is compared to most modern mmos (excepting gw2).

It is a much better game than Aoc, swtor, lotro, war, aion etc..

That said I'm leaving. The pve is excellent, but I'm more of a pvper, and the pvp which would have been fine a year ago with such a drought of decent mmo pvp, just doesn't stand up against gw2 and gw2 also has the next best pve. Doesn't look like pvp will improve much either with the financial situation.

I guess gamers just didn't trust funcom following Aoc, and assumed tsw would be a single player corridor fest following swtor.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh yeah and making another lego mmo seems stupid.

They should switch to rpgs.
    Make part 3 of tlj
    Make a rpg set in tsw universe
  • ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I can't understand what ea contributed to this. Why is their logo so prominent, weren't they supposed to market it.

Actually a very good question... Why didnt EA market TSW more? 

Afraid it would steal away market share from Swtor?

Its clear that they did a piss poor job for sure!