Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascalonian Catacombs broken

ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Can't enter the dugeon as a group.  After watching the intro story, everyone was moved to separate instances.  After zoning out no one could get back inside.  This was the first major bug I've encountered so far in an otherwise remarkably fun game.

Is there a workaround, or will I just have to wait until they fix the bug to experience my first dungeon?

Comments

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Grouping in general is broken due to overflow servers. The "join in" command is the culprit it seems. It hurts my gameplay big time..
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Whenever on an MMO site and I read 'Catacombs' I immediately think DAoC.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Svarcanum
    Grouping in general is broken due to overflow servers. The "join in" command is the culprit it seems. It hurts my gameplay big time..

I wasn't aware there was an issue as this dungeon was the first time I tried a proper group.

Digging around I found a potential solution to the "join in" issue posted a couple hours ago:

This solution has literally worked 100% of the time for me:

1. Create a party
    2. Everyone teleport to a capital city (So like, Divinitys Reach)
    3. Walk out the front gates (or take an Asura gate)
    4. If youre not in the same instance yet (you should be), the Join In option will work now. This is also handy if someone refuses to teleport to the capital city because theyre skeptical or something.

When you walk out, the game will put you in the same overflow. Once youre in the same overflow, you can go and teleport wherever you want.

Spent about 20 minutes figuring this out with my friend on Saturday. We tried tons of things (including logging in and out, zoning, etc), and this was the only one we could get to work reliably. I also let my other friends know about it, and theyre reporting 100% success rate too.

Doesnt mean its flawless, but ive given up trying anything else.

Seems like it should help with the AC bug I experienced earlier, but I haven't tried to confirm yet.  Anyone have experience with a working dungeon group yet, what did you have to do to get everyone into the same dungeon instance?

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Zooce
    Originally posted by Svarcanum

I wasn't aware there was an issue as this dungeon was the first time I tried a proper group.

Digging around I found a potential solution to the "join in" issue posted a couple hours ago:

This solution has literally worked 100% of the time for me:

1. Create a party
    2. Everyone teleport to a capital city (So like, Divinitys Reach)
    3. Walk out the front gates (or take an Asura gate)
    4. If youre not in the same instance yet (you should be), the Join In option will work now. This is also handy if someone refuses to teleport to the capital city because theyre skeptical or something.

When you walk out, the game will put you in the same overflow. Once youre in the same overflow, you can go and teleport wherever you want.

Spent about 20 minutes figuring this out with my friend on Saturday. We tried tons of things (including logging in and out, zoning, etc), and this was the only one we could get to work reliably. I also let my other friends know about it, and theyre reporting 100% success rate too.

Doesnt mean its flawless, but ive given up trying anything else.

Seems like it should help with the AC bug I experienced earlier, but I haven't tried to confirm yet.  Anyone have experience with a working dungeon group yet, what did you have to do to get everyone into the same dungeon instance?

This trick has only worked once for me. That said I actaully managed to run AC twice last night. It took a couple of failed groups to get everyone in the same entrance. In the end it felt down to luck more than anything... getting into the same instance I mean. The dungeon did NOT feel like it was down to luck. heh.