Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 : Playing a MMO with a different mindset

2»

Comments

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Calerxes
     and GW2 is closer to a standard themepark than any of them so why would players need tips on playing GW2? OH! yeah its a paradigm change in gaming isn't it? maybe you need a tip on how the broaden your horizons in gaming.
    So are you people done with how GW2 is not a sandbox, and how much you don't need tips ? There are other threads for that.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Illyssia

The dynamic events are very simplistic and automatic so no need for players to interact much. 

Which motivates even more those "random player world encounters" that made MMOs wandering so famous ;) As you don't need to group, you're not stuck with someone. That rises the chances to meet other people by a lot.

(it was precisely what sucked me into MMO, back with Anarchy Online)

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

ANet pulled a WoW here. I don't think the game is really all that radical they just got rid of a lot of the irritation factor, sort of like comparing WoW to EQ1. Lots of small improvements that add up to a big improvement. I think my favoreite part of the game is I can go to the differentl starting areas and farm the low level crafting materials and get in the dynamic events and still get good experiance. I have a friend wo was a fence sitter who is buying it this week and I will be able to group with him using my main and not feel super overpowered. Another great feature is being able to deposit crafting mats w/o going back to the vault and using a carrier pidgeon for a mail system

I miss DAoC

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by k-damage
    Originally posted by coretex666

The title name "Tips to enjoy the game" is funny. I think that someone either enjoys the game or not. No tips can change it I would say.

Please do not take it as an offense. I know your intention is good.

lol ok I'll try to change it :) But English is not my mother tongue, I'm having quite a hard time to figure out how to say it simply :/

No no, it is not about English. In this regard, I think it is fine.

I mean the idea of instructing someone how to enjoy something. I dont know, maybe some people may find it useful. I just cannot imagine that I would not like some game and after being told how to enjoy it, I would suddenly like it more.

well the media instructs you on who to like and not like. How many people here lik Justin Bever(whatever his name)

Philosophy of MMO Game Design