Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light

I'm really looking forward to this games release. From what I've read and seen, the game is definately going to compare to World of Warcraft as far as content is concerned, and even surpass World of Warcraft as a more rounded mmorpg. I really like the pvp penalty and the xp loss in pvp as that is something Blizzard really failed to see as something important. I'm really sick of the new genre of gamers being so carebear oriented. It's like every company is bending over backwards to cater to these panzies and their whining.

I cancelled my WOW account 2 months ago due to the zergfest pvp system they have. Hopefully, with Dark and Light there won't be much of this carebear style pvp.

Coma

Proud leader of XtinctioN

Comments

• rrakstarraksta Member Posts: 16

Right on, I'm really looking forward the PvP (sieging and battles) and am happy because of the penalties as well. Haven't played WoW to know much, but I'm sick of titles (eg. Matrix Online) having no penalties whatsoever when you die. This game will bring some drama and adrenalin, you won't ever say "whatever" when you get killed.

I heard more about this game just yesterday, read some articles, saw videos and screenies, from what I can tell, this game is going to be IT. Only problem is that in my opinion their marketing is not flashy enough.

• andymannandymann Member Posts: 10

rraksta if your planning on playing Dark and Light, you can check out our website at www.xtinction.net. I don't know at this point exactly how many we have going in but I can say right now it's around 15 or so. We also have 2 other guilds comming in as allies. Just a thought if your interested stop buy and register so you can meet some of the other guys. Most of us have known each other for 5 years or more and have played numerous mmorpgs together. Hope to hear from you.

Coma

• SasoriSasori Member Posts: 14
    This game intrigues me as I have been disappointed with World of Warcraft.  However I wasn't able to find everything I was looking for on DnL's site.  Like when or if there will be an open beta and whether there will be US servers.  I have read that the company creating this game is based out of france.  So I am curious if I would encounter problems trying to get tech support if I needed it.  Last, does anyone know why their site appears to be somewhat down?  It has links but the graphics and all have been removed.  I hope they are not cancelling like a lot of other mmos have done in the last couple years.
  • annxiiannxii Member Posts: 24

don't worry, Sasori, it's just the website acting strange! it's not a sign of DnL getting cancelled ;)

open beta:
    no, no open beta will come. You can sign up for beta at the website and hope to get selected for the closed stress test.

server location:
    DnL will only have one server, run on a cluster where the main part is located in France on an international backbone. I think it was also mentioned that a part of the cluster would be located in Canada to minimize lag for US-gamers

• andymannandymann Member Posts: 10

Nice Annxii, thanks for the info as I to had similar misunderstandings about the server locations etc.. I look forward to seeing you all in game :).

Coma

• SasoriSasori Member Posts: 14

Thanks for the reply to my inquiry. image