Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Game is not Launched .. Yet.

eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

I have opened this thread, to basically share my opinions, as the game is getting now, so much hate .. surprisingly, from the people who swore that they will never try a game, as childish as Guild Wars 2.

I am not defending, nor am I saying, that Guild Wars 2 have had a smooth '' Head-start '' but talking about pure reality,which is really important nowadays, since fake impressions are usual and can easily trick many people. Guild Wars 2 is, actually, not launched yet and all the opinions about '' how bad GW2 launch is '' are simply un-realastic due to the fact, that none, ever, announced that Guild Wars 2 will be laucnhing Agugust 25ht.

I know, I am pretty sure that I will get tons of comments, explaining for me, how the mmo-public is used nowadays, to considering head-start as launch, and my only answer is '' the same mmo-public actually accepted un-finished games as '' fully finished '' so I can´t take these guys´ opinions for real. The head-start of Guild Wars 2 was actually made to test the servers before the '' real launch '' ... again, it is for testeing, not impressing people, because they could actually have made the launch just 3 days earlier, if they would have been so interested of seeing the '' launch reactions '' so fast. We have to understand the reality when we are talkign about ArenaNet becasue they have have actually been very '' true '' to what they say. Most games had betas just for marketing, and u could hardly see any changes after that, here is not the case. Many games has a suggestion forum just to make people feel they are important, but nothing happened regarding the opinions, here is not the case. ArenaNet is different and that´s why I believe, that their idea of taking the '' head-start '' as a provement of the servers is also real.

Otherwise, I would like to mention, that WoW was down for hours and hours via launch ... and it is now the world´s biggest mmo. Diablo 3 had worse times than Guild Wars 2, and it was controlled by the richie Blizzard. You can´t compare Guild Wars 2 launch to other games´ becaue of the player-base and the fact that Guld Wars 2 has actually much more attention. I am not defending here and this is not an issue, but it is just '' trolly answer to trolly question ''.

We should give the game time, and rate the launch when it is actually here. There´s no point in hating, if you ever want the mmo-industry to be improved.

Thanks for the attention :)

Comments

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Oh so now headstart is for testing servers, and not the numerous stress tests? Some people are just apologists by nature i guess.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    if game is launched why can't i walk into any store and pick a box up?.. not to mention can't do a review on any site like metacritic or here.. hmm wonder why? games launches the 28th that's why.. pre-release is pre-release it's not launch

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    if game is launched why can't i walk into any store and pick a box up?.. not to mention can't do a review on any site like metacritic or here.. hmm wonder why? games launches the 28th that's why.. pre-release is pre-release it's not launch

But it is is released and launched after all. Just earlier for others, later for some.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

If they can't even get the pre-release working properly, then how are they supposed to get the actual launch working?

But I agree with one thing, this "headstart" of theirs is nothing but a stress test of the servers and you will be lucky to get one decent day of gaming out of it.

Yeah keep telling yourself that. Most everyone under the sun who intended to play this game is in headstart(launch).

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

I love the total justification for everything a corporation does (or doesnt do) in the gaming industry- Pure Gold.

Okay, again (I have asked thids thrice now) I actually agree with you- It hasnt "launched" BUT people payed money to pre order because of a promised "head start" (not launch as you said)- Some apparently paid extra for the privlige.

The Anet could easily postpone the "launch" and keep its promised "headstart"- Problem solved right? Since many customers bought a pre order to have a HEAD START this seems fair. Everyone else can wait a bit longer.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298

Themeparks are usually infested with kids, this is one of the reasons I don't play themeparks: a high amount of retared children. I hate themeparks, questing and instanced pvp-and scripted instances.

But I know that the launch in every MMOs have problems, and GW2 isn't even launched yet, so people must understand that it wil have problems until the launch. My experience playing MMOs says that a MMO will be really ready one week after its launch.

People just grow up and wait. I only play a new MMO 1 week after its launch because I know that the frist week will be laggy and buggy in almost all MMOs.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by MMOwanderer
    Originally posted by Aerowyn if game is launched why can't i walk into any store and pick a box up?.. not to mention can't do a review on any site like metacritic or here.. hmm wonder why? games launches the 28th that's why.. pre-release is pre-release it's not launch
    But it is is released and launched after all. Just earlier for others, later for some.

Ill direct you to https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/

First page has a BIG timer that has counted down to 0 for early access.
    Second page has a "launching 28th" in big letters with a click here to play now button underneath.

(note that the head start is bigger and bolder than the actual launch date font.)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Sephros
    Yeah keep telling yourself that. Most everyone under the sun who intended to play this game is in headstart(launch).

And by everyone I assume you mean Americans right? After all, us from the rest of the world aren't real people are we.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

YUP YUP- It helped the "impulse" buyers to pull out that credit card- It helped sway those "on the fence"- A HEADSTART.

Good Marketing is good.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    So Rift, SWTOR and TSW all had stress tests then? Lol, and I thought that I can get into the game 3 days earlier as a bonus for pre-ordering. GW2 is truly amazing and makes so many things clearer to me. You learn while you live they say :)
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    The game has launched for those who paid for the game in full before its street date. The servers will be the same servers used on the 28th, the characters created will be the same ones playing when people who pick up retail copies from Best Buy get into the game. Head Starts are part of a staggered launch system. It allows the developer to launch a game and thin the playerbase across content to limit over crowding. Its also a marketing ploy to allow those who want to normally pay extra (in GW2 case pay in full) to be 'first' in line. Head Start is not a beta, not a stress test (otherwise it would have been marketed as one). They even had a countdown for head start, not the launch official launch.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Keep up the delusion all you want, but GW2 is launched. The excuses do not work anymore. Headstart is launch. It is not a test. It is not beta. Anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves for the sake of white knighting.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Riddle me this, When people walk into their local game store on the 28th to buy and play gw2, How are the servers gona cope with the increased population?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Yamota

And by everyone I assume you mean Americans right? After all, us from the rest of the world aren't real people are we.

Take your beef to ArenaNet if you werent aloud to preorder for headstart. Maybe they dont consider you people. And dont be an ass putting words in peoples mouth to hide the butthurt of being excluded. If you actually were.

• chopstix906chopstix906 Member Posts: 60

Whether you believe the head start is a stress test or not, does it really matter? Everyone who preordered and is trying to play is going to more or less deal with the same issues as everyone else. Is there really any use complaining about it? It's good to let Anet know of the problems occuring, but are you really going to stress out and hate them for it? It's a launch; few are highly successful. Are you going to let the launch decide your future with the game? I say deal with it and wait the very short week for things to smooth over. I know it's frustrating, but it'll be over soon.

±MeDiC±

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.