Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

black screen on character creation

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Anyone got some advice?

My video drivers are up to date, and I got no problem with other gameslike that.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

Is it a black screen after you created your character? If it is, then it's not you but because of overloaded / disconnected server. My friend next to me had the same thing after creating his 2nd character. With his 1st one he managed to get in.

I haven't even been able to log in yet. Still waiting.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Fixed it. For anyone else who might have the problem: it was probably the anti-aliasing that I had the graphics card use to override the ones from the game (it makes games with bad or missing anti-aliasing, like Fallen Earth, prettier). I resetted the graphics card settings to default, now it works.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    The game uses a Deffered Rendering engine, forcing AA will cause that black screen.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    If I choose native sampling in the graphics panel that will give me an all white screen on the 3D part of the game, menus etc show up though. It works fine if I choose supersample or subsample works fine though. Might try tweaking that and see what happens.

I miss DAoC