Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starvault Interim report,...Subs down and $300K loss

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

tried to patch the last few days, just keep getting errors.

look slike i wont be playing it now, patcher dont even work!!!!

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I never had any problems downloading a patch. It sure is funny to read about people having these problems. But if you write on the forums, or contact live support you always get help quickly. So better do that, then cry out here.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    I never had any problems downloading a patch. It sure is funny to read about people having these problems. But if you write on the forums, or contact live support you always get help quickly. So better do that, then cry out here.

The patcher has always been a POS, thats why they keep "fixing" it.  You dont see a problem with people still needing help to get the patcher working  two years after release?image

Weird how everything " works fine"  for the Swedes.

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by Hancakes

Originally posted by realnaste

Originally posted by deathshroud no idea why this thread had to be necroed.  but....   MO is a decent game thats poorly put together, i like darkfall and i like MO and i would not in any way say darkfall offers everything MO offers. they are very different games.   I am however tired of going in circles with MO's developers SV. it seems like they promise something and they dont deliver it to even a basic standard and then make similar promises about the next patch which also doesnt deliver.   (...)   From what im hearing about MO it is almost the end soon it will be time to morn the game for those that enjoyed it since theres a significant lul in active players and coming straight from an expansion that isnt good, people seem to be quiting left and right.
    I lately hate it when you seem to be right :( And the worst part is there is absolutely nothing out there for me. You at least have your DF :(
    Darkfall 2's right around the corner or have you already written that off?

Warning- I am going out in half an hour, and I am getting prepared for that with some Smirnoff (for sanitising purposes!), so the following post may not have any sense at all. I am sorry. I will repent tomorrow when I'm at work at 6.00 am.

haha. Of course. I have no faith whatsoever that that game will ever become a sandbox.
    I also find it extremely hard to find non-fpv games fun. I love immersion, and any view that is not from the characters eyes just breaks it for me. To give an example- I love the WH40k world, but although I do appreciate the way the world of the recently released Space Marine has been crafted, with all it's epic glory in decline, I just could not get past the TPV and the "console feel" to it.
    Anyway- I'd probably get past the perspective in an mmo, since I spent a lot of time with L2 back in the days, but that game (DF) is just...a big fighting arena. I will go to Quake for something like that, or, if I'm looking for scale- PS2.
    Darkfall in my eyes failed even more than Mortal. Even before they started, AV broke all the promises, and started to cut down on the features. They didn't even have the balls to try. It has it's positives of course (like the game actually working in areas they focused on), but that is definitely not good enough for me.
    To put it short:
    Just like I'd choose Daggerfall with all it's bugs and unplayable main quest line over Diablo, I'd still, even now, chose MO over DF.

Originally posted by deathshroud no idea why this thread had to be necroed.  but....   MO is a decent game thats poorly put together, i like darkfall and i like MO and i would not in any way say darkfall offers everything MO offers. they are very different games.   I am however tired of going in circles with MO's developers SV. it seems like they promise something and they dont deliver it to even a basic standard and then make similar promises about the next patch which also doesnt deliver.   (...)   From what im hearing about MO it is almost the end soon it will be time to morn the game for those that enjoyed it since theres a significant lul in active players and coming straight from an expansion that isnt good, people seem to be quiting left and right.
    I lately hate it when you seem to be right :( And the worst part is there is absolutely nothing out there for me. You at least have your DF :(

Darkfall in my eyes failed even more than Mortal. Even before they started, AV broke all the promises, and started to cut down on the features. They didn't even have the balls to try. It has it's positives of course (like the game actually working in areas they focused on), but that is definitely not good enough for me.
    To put it short:
    Just like I'd choose Daggerfall with all it's bugs and unplayable main quest line over Diablo, I'd still, even now, chose MO over DF.

Holy hyocrite!  You support MO yet they have done all that and more plus have proven unable to make a funtional game.  While dismissing a yet to be released game by a proven team?

What exactly does MO offer now that AV didnt have the " balls to try" ?

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    ya, this may be the awakening for the few players left

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

You do realize that realnaste has been one of the best supporters this game has had. Both him and deathshroud have been here defending this "game" against us "haters" and doing it in a very civil way (unlike most from the MO "club")

You accuse him of "crying"? LOL. Read the forums, game is circling the drain bro- Well, its BEEN circling the drain but now even the hardcore supporters are "awakening" to the fact that this scam and this hype which SV constantly puts out to keep people subbed is all BS. SV lacks the skil to fix anything and can only hype.

No "crying" going on bro. The MO forums are so heavily censored it isnt funny.

MO is losing its biggest fans and now the "attack" is turning on them.

Pathetic.

See ya in DF 2.0 realnaste. It will be a pleasure to play with someone as civil as yourself.

R.I.P. MO.

EDIT: Strike this post. Not going to delete it but its pointless. I thought you were quoying realnaste (and you were not) so my reading comprehension failed me- =P

Originally posted by GreenishBlue

appears Starvault ran out of Kool-Aid

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue

Made me chuckle irl, correct though.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

the only thing that there is to do in game "pvp" is brokent beyon belief. what else do you expect?

i logged in for the free week. i only wanted 1 thing to be fixed, the prediction system. asked a guildmate to skirmish. we start the fight and sure enough he is hitting me from 20 feet away while facing away from me.....ffs....not this shit, STILL!!!

/uninstal.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Seems the second quarter was very tough on SV

1st Qtr loss = 577,877

2nd Qtr loss = 1,116,249

Seems lots of people left while waiting for awakenings.  I would imagine the 3rd quarter report might actually show a small profit from everyone coming back to check out awakenings but then I predict a strong 4th quarter loss.

On the bright side, the high equity ratio means security to shareholders in the event a company is liquidated, since most of the assets are financed by equity and not by debt.  Still I would hate to have been one of the initial investors in SV. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Ouch, I just did some math...

The average price of SV stock was 2.25 SEK for the two months before launch and before that it had peaked at over 2.75 at times of Henricks pre-launch PR releases.  The stock is now sitting at .13 SEK, this means if you invested 10,000 SEK right before launch, you could have purchased 4444.4 shares of SV stock.  Those 4444 shares are now worth 577.72 SEK.  That is almost a 95% loss in value.

Just OUCH... 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Talonsin

The average price of SV stock was 2.25 SEK for the two months before launch and before that it had peaked at over 2.75 at times of Henricks pre-launch PR releases.  The stock is now sitting at .13 SEK, this means if you invested 10,000 SEK right before launch, you could have purchased 4444.4 shares of SV stock.  Those 4444 shares are now worth 577.72 SEK.  That is almost a 95% loss in value.

Just OUCH... 

Uhh you need to look at those stock prices again and check your figures.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by ltank

Just OUCH... 

Also factor in that shady move they did forcing shareholders to purchase more or lose their stock (I do not remember the exact thing that happened- All I know is that current holders were forced to invest more)

Just OUCH... 

Agreed... SV stocks been worthless well before Awakening

Which figures do you feel are wrong?  Game was launched in June 2010 and the two month average before that was 2.25 SEK for the stock price.  The stock today is .13 I'm not guessing those figures mate, they come straight from the market.

If you can provide a link to show different figures I would be happy to amend my post.  Here is the link that plainly shows the stock price hit an all-time high around Feb 2010 at 2.75 SEK and then bounced around 2.75 and 2.00 for several months before release.  On June 30th 2010 the stock price was 2.25 SEK, today it is .13

http://www.aktietorget.se/QuotesInstrument.aspx?Language=2&InstrumentID=SE0002149369

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

As it stands this is a little something for all the gammers. 

1 Swedish krona = 0.1524 US dollars

Full Name Star Vault B Short Name STVA B
    No of shares 33,704,690 Ratio Value 0.04 SEK
    Total value of company in USD = $205,598.61
    It takes 51% majority for a hostile takeover. That means as it stanks somone could take over Mortal Online and Starvault at this very minute for around $104,855.29. When A company is doing this bad, no one can really take this game seriously as a long term investment.
    Originally posted by Weretigar

As it stands this is a little something for all the gammers. 

1 Swedish krona = 0.1524 US dollars

Full Name Star Vault B Short Name STVA B
    No of shares 33,704,690 Ratio Value 0.04 SEK
    Total value of company in USD = $205,598.61
    It takes 51% majority for a hostile takeover. That means as it stanks somone could take over Mortal Online and Starvault at this very minute for around $104,855.29. When A company is doing this bad, no one can really take this game seriously as a long term investment.

Anyone looking at the trend and spilt would run.  Anyway, regarding the "hostile takeover" youre overlooking the A side of things.

Note : SV is likely paying more in licensing to Epic than the value of STVA B

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    So...can someone fill me in on this game's history and why exactly this is such a big deal? I'm checking up wiki and other sources just in case, but I'd like a summary too.
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    So...can someone fill me in on this game's history and why exactly this is such a big deal? I'm checking up wiki and other sources just in case, but I'd like a summary too.

Big deal?

Nothing to see here or better yet try the trial. lol

• WendettaWendetta Member Posts: 30

Its not good manners talking ill about the dead, no matter how fucked up the dead person was...But MO is a very broken game with a very fun forum meta gaming. If you are only getting interested in MO now, then you have missed out on some fun times on the forums (and sometimes even on official forums, but those meta games are shut down ASAP).

Best part was, you neednt have paid the outrageous box + sub price to partake and enjoy on the forum meta gaming aspect of MO. The CEO of this company (Starvault) was also an active player, who would sometimes send his agents to engage Forum based Players in verbal PvP. He would also mine/forage for subs by sending out Shilling agents to various forum nodes. And if you showed aggression against the MO/SV guild, Forum based RPKers would drop down on you and go medieval on your ass.

Yes, it was a fun Forum game, even if the actual game stunk more than fetid ratpiss. But some people do enjoy the actual game, so give it a try since it got a Free Trial and tells us your thoughts on how the actual game felt like.

P.S. I think in the history of gaming, some companies have blamed the Chinese for causing problems to their game, like how Henrik blamed Epic China for screwing his game over. But I dont think ANYONE (outside a mental institution) has blamed a Volcano for causing problems to his pet project of a MMO game. Yes Henrik has not only blamed the Chinese but the resident Volcano as well. You really missed out on some enjoyable MO meta gaming.

Proud Member of the A.F-D-A. [Anti Fanboy-Defense-Army]Association for a Better Tomorrow or [A.F-D-A.]AfaBT, in short.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

MO had a lot of pontential when it was launched. SV (or i should say CEO/owner, rich boy Henrik) was incredibly vocal about promesing a ton of sandbox features that on paper sounded amazing. It's been the first sandbox mmo to really take the first person melee combat and put it into a large seamelss, sandbox world.

The devs were known hard core UO players and the whole idea of the game was to take the UO features, freedom and complexity and put it in a 3d, "The Elder Scrolls" type, first person  world. Combine the TES gameplay with UO features if you  will. the idea was fantastic, and a lot of people were excited.

the whole project was incredibly ambitious, from the engine they were gonna use, to the graphics, to all the features (like the fps combat, a real taming system for mounts, the mounted combat, hunger system, very open crafting system with a ton of possible combinations, the building system, the gathering system, the territory control system, etc, etc) it was all very, very ambitious.

sadly SV was never able to find big investors and the game was built from the ground up by an amature team in their basement with Henrik's dad's money. Most of their coders were modders if anything and from the very beginning many wrong decision were taken (client side detection anyone?). They simply did not know how to code an mmo (and still dont). they had to get a fan to build the game launcher because the one they created would not work half the time, that's how inexperienced the devs were.

the game launched with a TON of bugs. the list was endless really, but we are talking about flying pigs, exploding horses, invisible players, game crashes galore, falling through the world, etc, etc. However the graphics of the game were very cutting edge, and the gameplay very new and exciting. the game was as sandbox as it can get. there was not 1 line of helpfull inforamtion about how to do anything and you had to figure out absolutely everything. Very challenging and definately very immersive (all bugs aside).

A small but very loyal comunity quickly formed and everyone believed that this would be the next generation of mmos once the bugs would be fixed. the game was very fun when it worked...it just didn't work very often. it never happened. Bugs were never fixed. people learned how to exploit and cheat and Mortal was the diamond that never gout out of the rough. 2 years after launch the most basic of things are still not working. exploiting is as rampant as ever and it is clear as day that the game will never be fixed.

a ton of potential and vision that was never materialized because there was no money to pay for competent and experienced coders to build a solid coding foundation that would support such a huge project.

this was the skyscraper that was built on logs by a painter that thought his brush was a magic wand.....such a shame really.

To put it short:

Holy hyocrite!  You support MO yet they have done all that and more plus have proven unable to make a funtional game.  While dismissing a yet to be released game by a proven team?

Why do I even bother?

Are you a DF fanboy in disguise?

Anyway- If you really want answers to your questions, I probably posted about this on these forums somewhere,and don't feel like repeating my self, so you'd have to do some searching. :P

It all boils down to AV changing their product from what was promised during the long years of development-period hype creation (sandbox), to the pvp-arena they build now.

By the way: I'd never call AV a proven team.

By the way #2: Calling em a hypocrite is uncalled for (I actually do take it as a personal insult), and kind of silly, when you are the one screaming at SV being so bad, at the same time petting AV on their heads. A company  that actuall has as much shit on their hands as cretors of MO. :)

To put it short:

It all boils down to AV changing their product from what was promised during the long years of development-period hype creation (sandbox), to the pvp-arena they build now.

By the way: I'd never call AV a proven team.

By the way #2: Calling em a hypocrite is uncalled for (I actually do take it as a personal insult), and kind of silly, when you are the one screaming at SV being so bad, at the same time petting AV on their heads. A company  that actuall has as much shit on their hands as cretors of MO. :)

So youre telling me Mortal Online has all the features Henrik promised? 

You are faulting AV for not adding all promised features, yet not holding that same standard to Starvault. Thus, My hypocrite statement

Hypocrite = a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Regarding AV being proven, you even stated in this thread that what features AV did add actually worked.

"It has it's positives of course (like the game actually working in areas they focused on)"

Yes, Im looking forward to Darkfall 2. (i do love pvp sandboxs)

Darkfall in my eyes failed even more than Mortal. Even before they started, AV broke all the promises, and started to cut down on the features. They didn't even have the balls to try. It has it's positives of course (like the game actually working in areas they focused on), but that is definitely not good enough for me. To put it short: Just like I'd choose Daggerfall with all it's bugs and unplayable main quest line over Diablo, I'd still, even now, chose MO over DF.
    Holy hyocrite!  You support MO yet they have done all that and more plus have proven unable to make a funtional game.  While dismissing a yet to be released game by a proven team?   What exactly does MO offer now that AV didnt have the " balls to try" ?
        It all boils down to AV changing their product from what was promised during the long years of development-period hype creation (sandbox), to the pvp-arena they build now.   By the way: I'd never call AV a proven team. By the way #2: Calling em a hypocrite is uncalled for (I actually do take it as a personal insult), and kind of silly, when you are the one screaming at SV being so bad, at the same time petting AV on their heads. A company  that actuall has as much shit on their hands as cretors of MO. :)
      So youre telling me Mortal Online has all the features Henrik promised?    You are faulting AV for not adding all promised features, yet not holding that same standard to Starvault. Thus, My hypocrite statement Hypocrite = a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings   Regarding AV being proven, you even stated in this thread that what features AV did add actually worked. "It has it's positives of course (like the game actually working in areas they focused on)"     Yes, Im looking forward to Darkfall 2. (i do love pvp sandboxs)

No. I'm saying they are sticking to the vision they advertised and still trying to achieve it.
    I am holding both to the same standard- I said AV totally stopped trying to make the game they promised at first. that is a whole different thing, hence there are no double standards here.