Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not sure how severs and guesting work

OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Hi all,

If I roll tomorrow night on server A, but it fills up and my guildmates later have to roll on servers B and C, how do we guild up and play together?

Thanks!

Comments

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    There are free server transfers for the first week or so.
  • yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Oyjord

Hi all,

If I roll tomorrow night on server A, but it fills up and my guildmates later have to roll on servers B and C, how do we guild up and play together?

Thanks!

Ok let me explain how to this works.

Since you joined Server A, you will represent server A in WvWvW and your guild mates will represent servers B and C in WvWvW. Now if you wish to play PvE with them or sPvP then all you need to do is select server B and C during character selection. This is known as guesting, basically you can do everything in another server except WvWvW.

Now server transfers are for when you wish to change your home world or change the world that you represent in WvWvW. These cost gems based on the population of the server you are wanting to join.

When guild wars 2 launches, the guesting service will be disabled BUT you can switch to other worlds for free. Pretty much just like guesting except you make your said transferred server your home world. After things have settled down a bit , those free server transfer will be removed and guesting will be implemented. 

And your friends can join your guild even if they aren't on the same server and can take part in all PvE and sPvP with you. LIke I said many times, they just can't WvWvW on your side since you are on different servers.

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

I had the same concern and I send a support ticket and this was the answer.

There are a couple things that Guild Wars 2 does to help with these kinds of situations. Firstly, you can still invite your friends to your guild even if they are on another server! Influence and guild upgrades are server specific, but they will at least be able to join you in chat. The second thing we are doing is offering free transfers for a little while after launch. Due to these two features, you can get everyone into the guild promptly, and then transfer as needed or determine the best course of actions once things settle down a little after the first day or two. You may also want to designate a less populated backup server for all your guildmates to choose if they aren't able to get into the primary one. If you have any other questions, please let me know.