Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A 100% increase in player numbers

StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Awesome news right?

A total of 554 online right now which is double the amount at this hour, prior to Vanguard going F2P.. and it's not even prime time yet.

Comments

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433

There are people EVERYWHERE. I see them all the time in cities and dungeons, grouping up randomly, talking in local, giving items to newbies.

It's fantastic to see.

• nikooo0nikooo0 Member Posts: 25
    Really?! If so i'm resubbing right away!
  • sri_rishabhsri_rishabh Member Posts: 56
    If they are able to provide better perfomance and fix the lag issue soon...this will take off for sure... lots of guilds returning back and with new content on the way shortly Telon may see the heights which it always deserved
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Er...I played Vanguard at launch and the world is huge, 554 online would not translate to people being everywhere.

I would have expected higher numbers from the F2P conversion.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sri_rishabhsri_rishabh Member Posts: 56
    400-500 is the minimum numbers on Telon anytime of the day...in peak hours its nearly 1000 ... more so Halgar is picking up slowly too ...so things look bright for now. Whether this sustains and increases  or goes down depends on the stability of the game which is the prime concern right now. 
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I intend to try it soon but is a 100 percent increase enough ?
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    100% more? So, that'll make about 20 online. Right?

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Er...I played Vanguard at launch and the world is huge, 554 online would not translate to people being everywhere.

I agree.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

Glad to see this game gaining a steady playerbase. I play it really casually now that it is F2P with my friends. We just log on quest/dungeon crawl for a few hours and get off. 

Just exploring the world and such took us a few days. The pegasus allows you to fly around each area and see the scenery. 

500ish playerbase is a perfect size for a small community. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

me too, like it happened with DCUO F2P transition. I think there are not many people in VG because the f2p limitations are too severe

• RribRrib Member Posts: 49
    Let's hope not too many sign up. The old timers there say the reason 'chunks' crash is because of too many people in one area. Anything over 10 is inviting problems.
  • XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

From a Euro-selfish point of view Star it would be interesting if you could see if there's any truth to what people say about Halgar experiencing a resurgence.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Xexv

From a Euro-selfish point of view Star it would be interesting if you could see if there's any truth to what people say about Halgar experiencing a resurgence.

I would check but I've since uninstalled the game, after discovering a few nerfs to classes I didn't agree with. One of those nerfing bard drums so they run a great deal slower

You can check yourself though, here's the commands

/who count 1 10 all

/who count 11 20 all

/who count 21 30 all

/who count 31 40 all

/who count 41 50 all

/who count 51 55 all

Reason for the 5 different commands is because the list is truncated at 200 players. To get around that you have to either search in certain level range or by classes. Don't forget to add "all" at the end or you will only count the people in the chunk you are in. If the first command is already truncated then break it off into smaller segments like /who count 1 5 all, /who count 6 10 all. I've had to do that a few times since the majority online is within those ranges. Then just add the numbers up

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I gave it a shot but the client kept crashing every three minutes. So i'll pass for now.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Sure it would, if they were all newer players starting over.  Those 500-600 people would be concentrated in the starter zones.  

Vanguard is a real MMO, not the canned, insta-grouping  crap you get from newer titles these days.  If they can fix up the performance issues, which I'm not entirely sure they can, this game will be revived.  But it will still always remain a niche game either way, and it will  never have a huge population.  It's just too difficult for the normal themepark crowd these days.  

Unfortunately, my concern is that they never REALLY fixed the performance issues they had at launch, rather they improved simply from having virtually no players running around after a while.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by Starpower
    Originally posted by Xexv From a Euro-selfish point of view Star it would be interesting if you could see if there's any truth to what people say about Halgar experiencing a resurgence.
    I would check but I've since uninstalled the game, after discovering a few nerfs to classes I didn't agree with. One of those nerfing bard drums so they run a great deal slower

You can check yourself though, here's the commands

/who count 1 10 all

/who count 11 20 all

/who count 21 30 all

/who count 31 40 all

/who count 41 50 all

/who count 51 55 all

Reason for the 5 different commands is because the list is truncated at 200 players. To get around that you have to either search in certain level range or by classes. Don't forget to add "all" at the end or you will only count the people in the chunk you are in. If the first command is already truncated then break it off into smaller segments like /who count 1 5 all, /who count 6 10 all. I've had to do that a few times since the majority online is within those ranges. Then just add the numbers up

Thanks for the guide, followed the method to the letter;

10PM GMT Friday Telon had 645, Halgar (boasted?) 109. So seems there is at least some truth there.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

500 people doesn't really translate at all compared to how huge the world is

1 people in every map would be what it is, if it is spread out through out the world

i was expecting at least like 600% - 800% increase in number

at least 3000 during peak hours, it would have made VG back to it's prime time

So What Now?