Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob Guide for PE

LibertyfoxLibertyfox Member Posts: 24

There's a new book out and it gives noobs all the little secrets about not blowing your cash and how to make real money in Project Entropia.

Pretty scary stuff if you just spent the last 6 months learning all that stuff!

http://www.b-extreme.com/fc/

Comments

• slakslak Member Posts: 83

Unfortunately i wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, i played it for about 9 months and it's really not a good game.

The company that handles the game is way to unexperienced to properly handle this game, i mean it doesn't even run smoothly on any computer.
    They want new people in the game that deposits money, but they don't do anything to help new players, they leave it all in the hands of players, they need to rethink their priorities.

I could trash this game all night, but i think i'll leae it at that.

• LibertyfoxLibertyfox Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by slak

Unfortunately i wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, i played it for about 9 months and it's really not a good game.
    The company that handles the game is way to unexperienced to properly handle this game, i mean it doesn't even run smoothly on any computer.
    They want new people in the game that deposits money, but they don't do anything to help new players, they leave it all in the hands of players, they need to rethink their priorities.
    I could trash this game all night, but i think i'll leae it at that.

Oh NO! please don't leave it there!  I just love it when people talk out of their a***s image

This game has been talked about in the mainstream press in every first-world country in the world and has done more for the MMORPG than most of the rest put together outside the US.

It is as far as I'm aware the only real world finance linked game there is! - making it the ONLY rpg from which you can pay your real-world rent.

I have no problem with people who come into PE with the wrong idea of what it's about but trashing a game played by 200,000 people without taking the time to find out anything about it is pretty dumb in my book!

I wonder who the idiot is, as you just assume you know exactly what i am all about, and how i saw the game when i first came to it?
    I played it for more than 9 months and in that time i deposited more than most i spoke with, i have all the facts and i do know what i am talking about.
    The game is unique yes, but other than that, it's just crap.

lol, go hide somewhere.

Hawhawhawh HIDE!!!!?   I'm just getting started here cowboy!

Now maybe I'm just being picky here but wasn't it YOU diss'ing MY game SLAKjaw?

Sooo! the plot thickens, you claim that you played this game for 9 months and stacked up the PED in your bank account then just when you had solved the puzzle and were earning money hand over fist you just decided it was rubbish one day and packed it in .... hahahahaha!

Tell me, did you ever graduate out of your orange suit? Can I find your name on the HOF board somewhere? [SLAK FOUND A DEPOSIT OF CRAP WORTH 50,000,000 PED AND HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE HALL OF FAME] or something like that?

Maybe a building or a town have been named after you because you were the uber-player. The game has suffered since you left slak! - we're all so much poorer now that you and your MOUTH have left us! imageimage

I still have PED's on my card, i never even broke even in this game, but that's not why i don't like it.

I probably could have broken even with some effort, but the only ways i knew weren't fun and were time consuming, and i play games to have fun, nothing more.
    There might be ways to make money in this game other than the ways i know, but i haven't heard of any.

Again you talk like you know what i'm about and how i played the game, you are the one making a fool of yourself here, not me.

Anyway, i think this book is a cheap way of trying to earn money, as i doubt everyone who reads it will make money on PE.
    If everyone broke even or made money MA would go bankrupt.

Well I'm not about to defend MA for being a commercial company and remember that they don't charge anyone for playing, just for stuff they want to buy so it's completely optional.

The book was written because Myself and other members of the Fox Cubs society (inside the game) were overworked training noob players to hunt and mine for profit (100% of our members are in profit) - we give our time for nothing to provide this training to anyone who joins us and none more so that Whitefox. So we tossed the idea about of a book that would teach the most basic stuff about how to keep hold of your money in the game! - stuff that most players seem to miss or read but not take in.

Anyway, it was written for our members originally. By the time you pay for the transaction and whatever you pay for to sell ebooks you get a pretty small return so I don't think you can really suggest that it has anything at all to do with money as Whitefox runs his own successful company and hardly needs the piddly amount he gets from the book.

Comendable that you help train the newcomers, mentors don't really do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

But this is not a place for you and me to have a discussion about these things i think, so this is my last post in this thread, good luck with PE::::12::::::35::

Well I have to agree that some mentors are in the game to earn awards for mentoring though I feel that the amount of energy you put into mentoring is too high for the reward if this is the case and I would never recommend that anyone does that.

Most of the time we ignore the mentor scheme and offer scheduled open lessons for anyone in the society. We win because our society profits by having happy members and not by receiving prizes from MA.

Anyway, I respect your opinion even if I don't share it image

BTW what's your favourite game then slaky?

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

the quote :"

The company that handles the game is way to unexperienced to properly handle this game, i mean it doesn't even run smoothly on any computer. "

it actually can run great . as long as you have the state of the art computer    i am right now running it while i am typing  i see no problem

Well said Jakoblin, no problem here either.

I think though that slak is refering to version 0.01 made exclusively for the ZX-Spectrum image

Originally posted by Libertyfox
    BTW what's your favourite game then slaky?

Well i dropped PE completely after EQ2 was released so i guess i'll have to say EQ2 =)

jakoblin: in that case we have different definitions of how a game is supposed to run great, i'm a gamer and i have pretty much the best hardware that is available at all times. (yea i got no life)
    And the game does not run great at all, drag the mouse over the screen fast and stop it sharply and see how far the cursor continues over the screen.

And since this game didn't even look good back in 2003 when it was released, it shouldn't take much to run it perfectly imo, no the game just isn't optimized.

• TigerReiTigerRei Member UncommonPosts: 141

Honestly I didnt like PE either. Simply put, there's nothing in that game that I can see that other games havent already done. Secondly, it wasnt very optimized when I played it. And finally, some people are going to like it, some arent. I personally dont like games where you have to insert real money to get fake items. To me it's like giving your money away to Nigeria. I dont play MMOs to make money off of them. I play them because I want something to invest my time (not money) in and have a great time. My biggest gripe about PE is simply that the community there isnt all that great.

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

you must have  a optical mouse .

i have a virtual glove that act as a mouse .

no problem here running pe on my state of the art computer.