Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet: "endgame is not 100% completed"

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

So it is a google translated interpretation from something an Anet employee said at Gamescon? Isn't that just claiming hearsay to be fact?

I find it doubtful that the OP focusses specifically on this part.

That said, GvG will be in GW2, yay!

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by Mrlogic
    Originally posted by Macecard

It depends how you read it really doesn't it? Not 100% can mean 90% completed.

Context is required, those bullet points can mean anything the read wants them to mean.

^ this!

Op trying to throw a wrench at "fanboys" because he found a tiny window of opportunity to do so?

It's like politics.  They cherry-pick information.

They concentrate on one line that they can bend and twist anyway they want to suit their needs, but put the blinders on with anything else that is said to clarify the entire point of the speaker or writer.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Oh no, some random spanish dude pretends having heard that the end game is not ready. The end is near.

And the person posting it here isn't a surprise for anyone either - another "GW2 is doomed" post by the same person.

Come back when you have an official post about this.

Looks like you are one of those American guys who only know how to talk on write in english, and everything else around the world is ¨mexican¨ or ¨spanish¨. Thats Portuguese, and the guy who wrote that, was 2 days on the gamescom talking with one of the Anet community maneger, from the france territory who also talk in portuguese. And Anet wont talk in public about an unfinished endgame a week before release. 

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

A friend of one of my friends was at gamescom yesterday and talked with Martine Kerstein. He said the endgame is 142,5% done, the spvp is 86,44% done and the WvWvW is 66,23% done.

True story bro.

Originally posted by hikaru77

Looks like you are one of those American guys who only know how to talk on write in english, and everything else around the world is ¨mexican¨ or ¨spanish¨. Thats Portuguese, and the guy who wrote that, was 2 days on the gamescom talking with one of the Anet community maneger, from the france territory who also talk in portuguese. And Anet wont talk in public about an unfinished endgame a week before release. 

Herp derp reliable source is reliable.

Anet won't talk in public about an unfinished endgame so it will just talk about it 5 days prior to launch to a random guy at a convention.

Sounds good to me. This game is gonna be soooooo fail!

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Originally posted by Preacher26
    Originally posted by cyress8
    Originally posted by Xzen
    IF it is true and if it's something like Orr is not ready for three months or somethiing I could see it as being a very bad thing for GW2.

The leaks confirmed it is more of balancing and etc.  Not actual content development.  The stuff is there but needs more polish.  

Content blockers...

No different than raid progression, when a new tier is released and available but can not be passed. You can say its balancing issues but its a method dev teams have been using for years.

Game does not even need content blocking.  It does not need to pad your time to keep you subscribing.  It does need to keep you happy so you buy expansions and CS items though.

BOOYAKA!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Hmm Zhaitan, Orr, and the last dungeon is all there and ready for day 1. Sooo I'm not sure what this "end game" is not ready is about. Maybe some other events still need work?
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Anyone taking this seriously needs to chill.

To review, these comments were posted in a forum by a guy who admittendly had little sleep and couldn't remember everything.

They supposed comments were given by a French community manager who was speaking non-native Portugese.  The comments were then typed in Portugese and Google translated into English.

Not exactly the best way to get 'facts'

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Hmm Zhaitan, Orr, and the last dungeon is all there and ready for day 1. Sooo I'm not sure what this "end game" is not ready is about. Maybe some other events still need work?

It won't be balanced day 1.

The content's "done" but not "finished".

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88

I guess we will all find out soon , tell u what i will enjoy the journey there , endgame unfinished or not the game will be worth every euro only for that.

So otinanai or whatever enjoy the game and worry about end game later lol.

Originally posted by GamerUntouch

That might be true. But as long as we can go experience it is better than not having access to it at all. This is acceptable.

That might be true. But as long as we can go experience it is better than not having access to it at all. This is acceptable.

They never said we're locked out of it though.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by otinanai123

read: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/

- Yes, even Anet calls it endgame. It's time for fanboys to stop saying "the endgame starts at level 2".

- "ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly" <- we all know that's not true.

- scary D3 comparisons 

You need to slow down and stop rushing if that isn't true for you. I played hardcore and went to fast to the point it left me with boredom, we all gotta learn how to play a bit casually otherwise prepare to be burn't out.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

Nope. Like I said it's all there. You can go do it day 1 if your level is high enough.

Nope. Like I said it's all there. You can go do it day 1 if your level is high enough.

Sorry, read your post wrong.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by dekou
    That's a fan-made translation of a fan-made Spanish forum post.

Actually is from a portuguese forum post. The guy went to Gamescom and spoke with the french community manager, which happens to speak portuguese because some of their family is also portuguese.

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73

While i was reading this i noticed people were talking about endgame and how it might not all be there. Well heres one thing i should point out to everyone. When WoW was first released it didnt have all the "endgame" stuff it was supposed to have at first. Same goes for its expansions most notable one Wrath of the Lich King, didnt have Arthas, Icecrown Citadel, Argent Tournament, and Ulduar at the release of the expansion, but it came over time.

Now if Guild Wars 2 is going to have GvG, that would be very awesome because that was one of the biggest features in Guild Wars 1.

Also the idea of possibly bringing in a live team to help people with being hacked or various other reasons is a brilliant idea because i had some similar problems with being hacked in WoW, and i sent in a ticket to a GM and like maybe 1hour later i got a response and i got every thing i had on my account back. Also the little authenticator code was a good thing in WoW, except for the fact that every few weeks or so the authenticator would reset and i would have to get a new one.

All in all im not really looking forward to end game content for a while. Its nice to think about what it could be but im not going to be one of those no life gamers that goes in and rushes to complete a brand new game. The day it comes out i will rush to like lvl 17 because thats the furthest i got in BW1 and i would love to get there and continue the story at my own pace and possibly work on an Alt or 2 before school starts that week.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Centhan

It's like politics.  They cherry-pick information.

They concentrate on one line that they can bend and twist anyway they want to suit their needs, but put the blinders on with anything else that is said to clarify the entire point of the speaker or writer.

Gamers (as a society) will never tire of "OMG PANIC--RUN IN CIRCLES!  DOOOM!!!".

They've been doing it to Blizzard for literally years.  Anet's turn next?  You betcha.

Meanwhile, my breakfast is ready.  Off to nom.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I think untill we hear word direct from A-net this might but be true. 

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

op need some professional help.

seems to have some serious brain damage.

over 200 post gw2 hate. lol.

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by nolic1
    I think untill we hear word direct from A-net this might but be true. 

Until your mother confirms you are allowed to be using the internet right now, im going to assume your statement is false

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Buttski

op need some professional help.

seems to have some serious brain damage.

over 200 post gw2 hate. lol.

I was reading his posting history, he doesnt seem to like many games at all tbh.

• BrenacusBrenacus Member Posts: 44

1. The accounts will have a system authenticator (digital and possibly physical) similar to WoW - official information will come out next week.

2. In case of account hacking the account may be restored to their prior state before the intrusion.

3. There will be live in-game support (similar to WoW) through tool that we already use to report BUGS, we will be able to contact a GM in real time.

4. The end-game is not 100% completed, there is much work to do, but ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly, they are now focused on the release, if all goes well they will move on to work at 100% in the endgame (DiabloIII nostalgia??).

PS - They are aware of the disaster of Diablo with the end-game and ensured that will not happen to GW2, after the release team will jump all just work in end-game.

5. Are being explored new methods of PvP, GvG is confirmed to return to GW2, but said they could not disclose much more.

6. New merchandise will be launched on 28/08/2012, including Dragon T-Shirts.

this is from that website.

first of all, the person who posted this at that website needs to stop pretending they know what they are doing. who are these supposed quotes from? you cant just say 'Quote', or 'ArenaNet', you have to say which rep of that company said that, or at the very least 'a rep of ArenaNet was quoted as saying.....'

the way this is worded its like some gooey sticky kid with candybar all over his face was drooling as the ArenaNet rep was talking and 'this is what i remember them saying, i think'.

the only lines from here that come close to resembling a quote are numbers 1, 2 and 6.

so basically some schlub at GW2Guru tried to pretend they knew what they were doing by speaking to someone there and would use this information to inform, since they spoke with someone who had a GW2 shirt on. who? they dont know. this info means nothing, look it up somewhere else.

FAIL

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Poor luck on this one, I'm not American, and my first language is not English either. A simple click on my name would have told you all this, or you could just have seen "European Community" in my signature, but I guess you were too much in a hurry to flame and bash some "GW2 fan" again that you missed that detail... ;-)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Oh no, some random spanish dude pretends having heard that the end game is not ready. The end is near.

And the person posting it here isn't a surprise for anyone either - another "GW2 is doomed" post by the same person.

Come back when you have an official post about this.

Whoopy-dee-fucking-doo, he mistook a language and just guessed what it was.  Want a cookie or somethig?  People need to quite nick picking about the language assumption.

Also the title of the thread said PvP news so this might not even relate to PvE.  The entire thread is subjective at best and like many have already stated one does not put up end game up front.  If you rush to lvl cap and twiddle your thumbs with your single character then thats you own damn fault.  ANet is about quality and enjoyment and not appeasing to the few hardcore.

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

As NASA would say I think everything is "Nominal" and we are "Go for Launch".  Until I see factual evidence to the contrary I think there is nothing to worry about.   

Cheers,

Faulkner.

This discussion has been closed.