Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I think the SWTOR CGI trailers were shit.

2»

Comments

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    What I didn't understand was why, halfway through the trailer with the soldiers in the forest, it turned into a fight between a warlock and a wood nymph who came out of nowhere. Then I remembered that Blur Studio, the people who actually made the SWTOR ad, also make Blizzard's ads too.
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Bardus

OP, thanks for bringing this up. I see most everyone agreeing that TOR at least nailed the story telling but damn I'll hate to see what they call a bad story. The stories in TOR are drier than a 5 AM Saturday night whore. I'm not going to turn this into a comparison with the movies since others here are but I will compare it to the original KOTORs.

Both those games put more mythicism and philosophy into the force than any of the movies did and the games were full of one liner jokes and insults. TOR is just so very dry and mono toned through each and every class and quest. The original games have become almost gaming legend but I don't think they did that from their gameplay. The gameplay was ridiculously simplified but the stories were so meaningful and almost every choice we made impacted the game be it companion influence, dialog, or gameplay options. We can play those games several times before playing through all the options. What does TOR give us? I don't see anything. The choices all end up an attempted  illusion, bad influence with companions can be fixed with gifts and we can't sway the alignment of our companions in any way like we could in the KOTOR games.

Am I the only one left alive that played the original games? Why is most everyone giving TOR thumbs up on story when compared to other Bioware games TOR is eating sand? I don't get it.

I remember those games. KOTOR 1 was really good while KOTOR 2 was a letdown. But Bioware didn't make KOTOR 2 so that one doesn't count.

TOR was a letdown in that there wasn't much difference in the choices you made. In KOTOR 1 there was two different endings that affected the whole galaxy. Maybe they felt that with an MMO they couldn't do something that radical. That's why I still stand by my contention that class and faction should have been decided by choices made in game.

Far as quality of story, I liked the Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior storyline. Sith Inquisitor not so munch.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft