Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the game to watch for hardcore PvPers

Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128
Full loot, FFA PvP, Housing, SWG Style crafting system......So far this is the best possible chance at getting a real PvP game, and yes i plan on gainking everyone i see ;)  The idea is great, the team is well funded, lets give this one a shot.

Comments

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    What mmorpg are you playing now until Repop comes out?  Counterstrike, Halo maybe?
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Hmm not realy impressed yet tbh.
    Looks almost the same as TSW, with likewise bad animations.
    Hope that are placeholders and not the real animations, world looks epic tough.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I cant wait, as a fan of sandbox and themeparks WvW from GW2 and FFA style from this game are really getting me amped up for new releases.  Im hoping this game's world and pvp can be on par with EVE online, or even better.  We shall wait and find out. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by t0nyd
    Originally posted by rdrpappy
    What mmorpg are you playing now until Repop comes out?  Counterstrike, Halo maybe?

This guy is the perfect example of the bottom rung of this community. If there is something that is slightly different than the common style mmorpg they deny that a game is an mmorpg and say "oh thants an fps or some such game", in some snarky manner. I just watched the video of Repop and it appears just as much of an mmorpg as tabula rasa or fallen earth is/was.

If you want to moan about  "thats not an MMO" nonsense atleast pick a topic that suits your complaint, like Dust 514 for example...

Please tell me right now your not that stupid, I am well aware of the Repopulation, as a fan and a supporter I was refering to the OPs ganking comment in reference to said game.

You are the poster child for all things fail.

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

This guy is the perfect example of the bottom rung of this community. If there is something that is slightly different than the common style mmorpg they deny that a game is an mmorpg and say "oh thants an fps or some such game", in some snarky manner. I just watched the video of Repop and it appears just as much of an mmorpg as tabula rasa or fallen earth is/was.

If you want to moan about  "thats not an MMO" nonsense atleast pick a topic that suits your complaint, like Dust 514 for example...

Please tell me right now your not that stupid, I am well aware of the Repopulation, as a fan and a supporter I was refering to the OPs ganking comment in reference to said game.

Never played Halo games, CS:S was a great game for it's time...I currently play Mechwarrior online (Beta) and it's getting boring fast...The Repop is the only game coming out with the ruleset im looking for, naturally im excited to get back in a game and have risk vs reward pvp....love it

• RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Mothanos

This game is not about looks or combat animations. It's about beign a true sandbox with the freedom to go where you want and do whatever you want. Heck, if you want to you don't have to fire one bullet and still be succeful in the game by beign a crafter or tamer. People can build their own cities and create their own lands. Not at all like TSW, which is in fact a 100% theme park.

• minime2minime2 Member Posts: 113
    @ op i love open world pvp but i hate gankers like you shame i wont be playing . Would love hunting people like you .
    A good pvp focused game has been missing ever since Vanguard imo, Darkfall was a good try but it lacked in so many ways, DF 2.0 is laughable...Mortal online, need i say more...Vanguard was amazing PvP but the SOE developers got a bit lazy and didn't want to balance PvP with PvE therefore the game failed like most of SOE games, there is Hope for EQ Next but sadly the griefing days for SOE games are gone and catering to the carebears seems more profitable to SOE, regardless The Repop is a sigh of relief, the crafting the gameplay is just what im looking for, the developers seem to stick there ground for a hardcore pvp server and to me thats awesome.....Yea i like to grief, i enjoy making peoples lives hell in pvp focused games, it's been so damn long i may be a little rusty, but i am eager to get into game and re-tune my skills, and i know of about 100 more people with a mindset like me who are willing to give it a shot aswell, if it's done right this game can be great, been let down far too many times in the last few years though.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

Is that how you define a hardcore PvPer, OP? Someone who spends his time killing weaker foes?

In my book that's just being a cowardly griefer, there's nothing hardcore about it.

That being said I'm very much looking forward to this game aswell, even more so now that I know there will be oldschool sandbox PvP rulesets.

Let's hope the devs stay true to their vision and don't cave in to the inevitable carebear demands.

Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level. This is the common definition of ganking. How does this definition relat to halo or counterstrike? It doesnt? I thought so...

Are you willfully ignorant? do I need to spell this out for you? The op referenced an upcoming sandbox being developed called the Repopulation. His reference is about the pvp and how it will be great to gank everyone, I respond  with a little sarcasm and you turn on your extra stupid machine and dive in.

You clearly have no idea what I was saying to him, and continue to make points that make no sense as a third party to our conversation. Please stop, your posts are like a catalog for failure and you clearly didn't get it, better yet just keep posting, why stop now.

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    yes this could be the game I've been looking for since Asheron's Call.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Failings

Is that how you define a hardcore PvPer, OP? Someone who spends his time killing weaker foes?

In my book that's just being a cowardly griefer, there's nothing hardcore about it.

That being said I'm very much looking forward to this game aswell, even more so now that I know there will be oldschool sandbox PvP rulesets.

Let's hope the devs stay true to their vision and don't cave in to the inevitable carebear demands.

Its about roleplaying and the level of power that your class is. If playing a rogue, should you go up to the knight and say "hey man, lets fight" or does the rogue sneak up behind the knight when he least expects it? As far as class power goes, we all know there is always that class or skill set that is simply weaker than the others. People moan about this weak class on the forums constantly. I cant speak for the OP but I am one of those that like the take the weakest class and do something with it. When playing the weak class you use pretty much whatever tactic will secure you the win. I am not saying that I would go gank lowbies. The entire point of PvP is to fight someone that has a chance to win, otherwise there is no challenge.

Ganking is a part of PvP, just like honorable dueling is.  If I can kill a weaker foe to gain something, even if that gain is as minor as another clip of ammo, I will do so. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

The idea is to piss them off enough to hunt me, i do not pk lowbies, and mos tthe time im a rogue of some sort and run solo, i am however always up for group pvp, even if it is running into towns and wiping them out, no matter what level, I also normally don't gank people during questing, but i will look for the first chance to wipe a raid, there will be far worse then me running around this game, Darwoth from Scary Bad Guys im sure will jump on the wagon and bring chaos and hell to the server, and im sooooo looking forward to it, it will take about a month for the hardcore server to filter out all the carebears then only the hardcores will be left and pvp will get serious...can't wait, but here i go again getting my hopes up

Originally posted by Evolution8

The idea is to piss them off enough to hunt me, i do not pk lowbies, and mos tthe time im a rogue of some sort and run solo, i am however always up for group pvp, even if it is running into towns and wiping them out, no matter what level, I also normally don't gank people during questing, but i will look for the first chance to wipe a raid, there will be far worse then me running around this game, Darwoth from Scary Bad Guys im sure will jump on the wagon and bring chaos and hell to the server, and im sooooo looking forward to it, it will take about a month for the hardcore server to filter out all the carebears then only the hardcores will be left and pvp will get serious...can't wait, but here i go again getting my hopes up

I think I just misunderstood what you were saying, my bad. All these scenarios you describe sound like alot of fun.

Besides, griefing / ganking in a full loot environment, come to think of it, isn't cowardly at all since you're taking huge risks with your gear. Eventually you'll have so many people chasing you around you'll inevitably get owned at some point  and lose all your stuff.

I just hope the mechanics don't allow for  "naked ganking" however. You know  like in early Lineage 2 where chaotic players would run around naked just wielding their bow of awesomeness (that couldn't drop), one shotting lowbies left and right, in essence removing the risk factor.

I think I just misunderstood what you were saying, my bad. All these scenarios you describe sound like alot of fun.

Besides, griefing / ganking in a full loot environment, come to think of it, isn't cowardly at all since you're taking huge risks with your gear. Eventually you'll have so many people chasing you around you'll inevitably get owned at some point  and lose all your stuff.

I just hope the mechanics don't allow for  "naked ganking" however. You know  like in early Lineage 2 where chaotic players would run around naked just wielding their bow of awesomeness (that couldn't drop), one shotting lowbies left and right, in essence removing the risk factor.

I always get my butt kicked in these games, sometimes i win and sometimes i get destroyed lol, bottom line is, i crave this kind of gameplay, and so does millions of other people, just seems like most AAA MMO's will not offer even 1 server with this kind of ruleset, and i think it's a major mistake, there is a large market for FFA PvP...just nobody wanted the burden of trying to balance pvp with pve, repops developers look like they are up for the challenge, and for that i will support the game 200%

BTW their website seems to be down. Anyone what that's all about?
    BTW their website seems to be down. Anyone what that's all about?

no clue, can't get in also..........the new aaded attention the game is getting might require a restart now and then lol

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144

I've already alerted the devs that the site is down, but no ETA as of yet for it coming back up.  In the mean time, if you haven't see it yet there is a picture of a new creature on the Repop facebook.

Also, bear in mind that as of right now there will be 2 servers at launch, one hardcore and one normal.  The normal server will not have corpse loot and will contain a large amount of safe area in the early areas of the map.  The hardcore ruleset has -not- been finalized but will likely contain very little to no safe area, corpse loot, etc.  Both rulesets will have city sieging though.

Originally posted by KaylettaJade

I've already alerted the devs that the site is down, but no ETA as of yet for it coming back up.  In the mean time, if you haven't see it yet there is a picture of a new creature on the Repop facebook.

Also, bear in mind that as of right now there will be 2 servers at launch, one hardcore and one normal.  The normal server will not have corpse loot and will contain a large amount of safe area in the early areas of the map.  The hardcore ruleset has -not- been finalized but will likely contain very little to no safe area, corpse loot, etc.  Both rulesets will have city sieging though.

Thanks for the update. Right now I have three games on my radar: this, archeage and world of darkness online. The 2 latter are years away from being playable but how about the repop? Do we have a timeframe yet?

Originally posted by KaylettaJade

Thanks for the update. Right now I have three games on my radar: this, archeage and world of darkness online. The 2 latter are years away from being playable but how about the repop? Do we have a timeframe yet?

Right now the prediction is sometime between Q2 and Q4 2013.  So a year to a year and a half for release. 

Thanks. Must try to get into the beta then !
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

TSW + Full sandbox? I'm sold.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    The game is scheduled for Beta testing in Oct 2012 and a release of Dec 30th 2012.....earlier then most think, my guess will be late Jan 2013 or early Feb 2013, I hope it's worth the wait
    The game is scheduled for Beta testing in Oct 2012 and a release of Dec 30th 2012.....earlier then most think, my guess will be late Jan 2013 or early Feb 2013, I hope it's worth the wait

The dates on MMORPG.com do not reflect current predicitons by the devs.  Beta will come around the new year, give or take, and release between Q2 and Q4 2013. This isn't a guess either, this is what the devs have said.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by bcbully

TSW + Full sandbox? I'm sold.

I hope it is true