Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My initial view of the game

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Global agenda + borderlands = Firefall

That's the general feel I get from playing this...like Global Agenda had taken Borderlands to date and 9 months later this Frankenbaby had born. I'm not bothered about this game being one big memoryleak and just about everything about it is bugged to hell as this is basically just hit closed beta (thus all that is expected) but the general aesthetics of this game is that of cut&paste job of all the f2p mmofps'es before it with just ounce of creativity added in as spice.

Comments

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by kishe

Global agenda + borderlands = Firefall

That's the general feel I get from playing this...like Global Agenda had taken Borderlands to date and 9 months later this Frankenbaby had born. I'm not bothered about this game being one big memoryleak and just about everything about it is bugged to hell as this is basically just hit closed beta (thus all that is expected) but the general aesthetics of this game is that of cut&paste job of all the f2p mmofps'es before it with just ounce of creativity added in as spice.

Actually considering both of those games offered a great degree of fun given what they had to offer in their own rights I'm failing to see how this is suppose to be a negative comment (I assume that is what is intended by your last line).

I'm also in the currently closed beta thanks to a post here that pointed to the Alienware give away and I can for one say I'm VERY pleased by what I've experienced thus far.

Just last night I was struck by EXTREME stuttering that results in micro second lag followed by fast forwarding along with a bug that made it so I couldn't collect more than 10 crystite, for which I needed at least 100 to complete a specific beginner quest.  I subsequently submitted a bug report, for which I received an email telling me they would look into it and if I wanted a reply to please let them know, and low and behold today it was fixed.  How often can say a team fixes a bug in such a quick and timely manner?  Better yet, even if you have a team to compare to in how is is possible to complain about this type of turn around?

Perhaps Firefall is not what you were expecting but then again, if it isn't I dare ask what exactly do you expect?  Bugs aside, it IS closed beta.  What more do you want from a team that has gone to every effort to make this game e-sport friendly?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Been in the beta for some time now and the recent big patch has broken the game quite a bit, stupid lag and that crystal issue you had. Good to hear they fixed it..

This game plays a lot better than Global Agenda and also looks a lot better.

Well its worth giving the game a shot im sure its not for everyone but it will be f2p

• VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Ofcourse there will be lots of bugs when they drastically change the game up, just give em a few weeks and everything will get ironed back out. They pretty much changed a lot of core components of the game...
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    A buggy beta... no wai
  • ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Borderlands and GA were awesome lol.......once they get the bugs out, from ur description it sounds like a fun game
  • Originally posted by ellobo29
    Borderlands and GA were awesome lol.......once they get the bugs out, from ur description it sounds like a fun game

I wasn't really paying attention to this game but if they can get the good parts of both games that would be sweet.