Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame: multi-class with class combinations

harutoashuraharutoashura Member Posts: 3

Now that Dream of Mirror has been shut down, I've been searching for a game with a similar class structure, but to no avail.  I was wondering if anyone knew of anything similar?

To recap:  DOMO had 13-14 classes, and allowed you to switch inbetween them whenever you were in town.  Furthermore, you could level/train them independently.  Even better, you could sub skills from other classes while in one class. 

(A simple example: you're currently a high-level AOE fighter class, but you've also leveled a doctor as well.  While you're the AOE, you can sub your doctor's skills to heal yourself while fighting.)

Bonus points for

-Game with lots of avatar customization, multiple races, etc

-And life skills (mining, fishing, etc)

-Strong team-play elements

DOMO was f2p, but I'm opened to both f2p and p2p.  PVP doesn't concern me much.  Thanks for your help!

Comments

• LaraiLarai Member UncommonPosts: 8

You can try Eden Eternal : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/590/Eden-Eternal.html

I played it for a while but I had to stop. It's an Aeria games F2P so it is kind of cash shop heavy, but you can play without it just fine. You have a character level and class levels. Some classes are only unlocked after multiple class levels are achieved. You get some passive skills from each class and you can slot them into your current play style. You can switch classes anytime outside of combat.

Last time I played (about 2-3 months ago) it seemed kind of empty though. I played it when it first realeased for a few months, so it may just be I'm used to seeing it being pretty crowded.

• harutoashuraharutoashura Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Larai

You can try Eden Eternal : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/590/Eden-Eternal.html

I played it for a while but I had to stop. It's an Aeria games F2P so it is kind of cash shop heavy, but you can play without it just fine. You have a character level and class levels. Some classes are only unlocked after multiple class levels are achieved. You get some passive skills from each class and you can slot them into your current play style. You can switch classes anytime outside of combat.

Last time I played (about 2-3 months ago) it seemed kind of empty though. I played it when it first realeased for a few months, so it may just be I'm used to seeing it being pretty crowded.

I've tried Eden, actually...I think I got tired of it before I got to the point where you can switch classes, sad to say.  I found the combat to be too simple.   I understand that these Asian f2p games mostly all have basic point and click combat, but Eden was just TOO easy.  It was literally "I cast and it's dead."  I never felt a real need for defensive skills and buffs, for teaming up to take on harder baddies, etc.

The passive skill slots sound neat though.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    What about FFXI? I consider it one of the best multi-class implementations. DDO and Runes of Magic also come to mind, but no class switching, just primary and secondary classes.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

If you haven't already played FFXI, I suggest you give it a go as well. Also, keep an eye on FFXIV, 2.0 looks pretty promising.

Other games that just let you change classes hm...Grand Chase does, in a way. You can change characters in between matches/dungeon runs, and then each character has 4 jobs that you can change by equipping them with each jobs respective weapon. There are a total of um...17 Characters by now I believe, and 13-14 of them have 4 jobs, the others are slightly different.

I'll post again if I can think of anymore, good luck ^^