Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im betting all my money on this game.

ArcheAgeFanArcheAgeFan Member Posts: 46

Im betting all my money on this sandbox game, i strongly believe this is the second coming of the christ for sandbox games.

No im not just spouting nonsense, im dead serious serious serious. Cant wait for it to come to USA.

Comments

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

All of your 5 dollars?

Madness.

Don't bet money on MMOs my friend, people should know better by now.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan

Im betting all my money on this sandbox game, i strongly believe this is the second coming of the christ for sandbox games.

No im not just spouting nonsense, im dead serious serious serious. Cant wait for it to come to USA.

Though I don't share your optimism, I do hope that it does very well.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i don't see myself ever betting money on something with subjective criteria defining success and fail factors but..

i'm certainly excited for this game to come to the west!

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

i hope you wont be disappointed

looking forward to this game too

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I would never bet money on something i can't control the outcome of.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Seems like every game has a "flag bearer" or two in these forums. At least your name will make it easy to remember who is who.

On topic: Im also looking out for this game. Just seems like its way too far away still.

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    We shall see, Only time will tell with games, especially MMO's
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Wasn't the most recent gripe about this game that it WASN'T sandbox enough? Gameplay videos seem to suggest it's got the same mainstream quest mechanics as a typical themepark with open-pvp and owning castles being the sandbox element. Sounds more like an updated Lineage 2 than a sandbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following it that closely.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    will you bet on it even aftyer it is westernized?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    the world ends in 2012 you better hope that it gets a publisher asap. I wouldn't bet all my money on a game i havnt plaid a lot of thou. I like watching tsw on twitch, however i do not like playing it (see where im heading with this). Same with dayz.
  • AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85

I was like you also but gave up on this one :( even if this title comes over might take 2+ years so I had enough of wait for certain title and kill time jumping from one mmo to the other. I decided to play full time GW2 after I tested it and read the guild wars books got me hooked.

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by Tokken
    will you bet on it even aftyer it is westernized?

Please don't crush our dreams. :P

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Just sailing the open seas has me excited for this game. Anyone up for some pirate rp? ;)
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Wasn't the most recent gripe about this game that it WASN'T sandbox enough? Gameplay videos seem to suggest it's got the same mainstream quest mechanics as a typical themepark with open-pvp and owning castles being the sandbox element. Sounds more like an updated Lineage 2 than a sandbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following it that closely.
    • Housing (underwater/AboveWater/On land)
    • Castle/City Building
    • Material Looting if a player is killed while hauling materials
    • Sieging
    • Ship Building/Battles/Sailing and Exploring
    • Class (Ability) system that puts most games to shame, yes GW2 Included.
    • Combat is good, has a background combo system with skills augmenting each other
    • Random World Bosses that actually are worth the time to fight and fight other players off them
    • Character Customization that is a step above AION's, I would put it close to APB's.
    • CryEngine 3 so the game looks really well done
    • You are not restricted to certain styles of play. Example, you can be a mage that wields a Great Sword.
    • You shape the world around you. Planting tree's in the world, you can actually create a forest.
    • Faction building. There are guilds and then there are factions that multiple guilds can join, not to be mistaken with an alliance. As even if a player is apart of a guild in a Faction does not mean that specific player has to join that faction.
    • Jailing/Murder System for Outlaws.

These are just some thins off the top of my head, the list goes on. This games depth in systems destroys every other game that has come out in the last 7-8 years, yes GW2 Included even though its not out yet.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

it also has player ownead boats/ships, open world housing, sea, underwater, air battles and whole continents to conquer. Some would say, its not a 'pure' sandbox, whatever that might be, but its just enough sandboxy for me :P

It does have some themepark elements to it, which are there to make sure it doesnt become just another failed sandbox game. Those elements are there to make it more user friendly, and more 'fun' experience overall. 

There is nothing sandboxy or hardcore in a non-working UI, having to macro swim for 188 hours, or game being quests/tutorial baren, regardless of what MO folks might tell you :D Making the game more accessible to everyone, doesnt make it less of a sandbox. 

but your are right to some extent. Some said its a mix of wow and sandbox games. You actually put it quite nicely there - its more of a mix of Lineage and sandboxes :P 

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Well you have lost already because it's not a sandbox MMO.

It's an hybrid MMO,THEMEPARK/SANDBOX

Oh, and like you i'm really looking forward to this game.

eve online has pve quest chains with linear storylines built into their fully sandbox experience.  theres nothing wrong with that!

but i'm not missing your point that there was gripe about it and that it could be well founded.  maybe the situation runs deeper than simply having a themepark built into the sandbox.   like if that were the only avenue to level effectively i would be sad.  i hope not because this is the only fantasy one coming out that i know of :(

the repopulation looks great but i dig swords and sorcers.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Alders
    I would never bet money on something i can't control the outcome of.

Your feeling of control is an illusion.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Don t do it.  First you don't know when it will come out and secondly, it isn't a true sandbox.  It's more Themepark then sandbox.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

it also has player ownead boats/ships, open world housing, sea, underwater, air battles and whole continents to conquer. Some would say, its not a 'pure' sandbox, whatever that might be, but its just enough sandboxy for me :P

It does have some themepark elements to it, which are there to make sure it doesnt become just another failed sandbox game. Those elements are there to make it more user friendly, and more 'fun' experience overall. 

There is nothing sandboxy or hardcore in a non-working UI, having to macro swim for 188 hours, or game being quests/tutorial baren, regardless of what MO folks might tell you :D Making the game more accessible to everyone, doesnt make it less of a sandbox. 

but your are right to some extent. Some said its a mix of wow and sandbox games. You actually put it quite nicely there - its more of a mix of Lineage and sandboxes :P 

Which is like the only reason I even remotely care about AA. I couldn't do a pure sandbox, but having some meshing of themepark and sandbox elements sounds more promising. Not a fan of the open pvp but I could get over it if the game is immersive enough. A lot of the elements listed by the guy above you aren't sandbox fair, plenty of themeparks have open-ended systems and player-housing. I don't know much about the sea fairing though, that's pretty unique, and I didn't know you could actually shape the world. I've never seen that done in any videos, you'd think that's one of the things people would want to show off.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Don t do it.  First you don't know when it will come out and secondly, it isn't a true sandbox.  It's more Themepark then sandbox.

Nope,i would say it's more sandbox than themepark but it's really is an hybrid mmo that caters to both playstyles.

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84
    a fool and his money are soon parted
  • PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424

As interestingtake as this game looks I not convinced it will do well here in the states. First off it is a Korean game and they have yet to really find a strong fotthold in the US market; much of their culture can be off pooting to an American consumer my self included(this is not me saying their is anything wrong with Koreans just that I do not identify with it at all).

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

Originally posted by Presbytier

As interestingtake as this game looks I not convinced it will do well here in the states. First off it is a Korean game and they have yet to really find a strong fotthold in the US market; much of their culture can be off pooting to an American consumer my self included(this is not me saying their is anything wrong with Koreans just that I do not identify with it at all).

maybe they need to do what Tera did and come up with some really annoying over the top supremely american ads featuring wrestlers beating up nerds.

play archeage and snap into a slim jim NERD.

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

Let's not forget the terrible instances that most sandbox players hate.

There are at least three instances dungeons in Archeage at the moment.

Edit

Where the hell is my player made fraction that they mentioned ages ago?!