Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two questions as concerns the pre-FtP era

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

1) Is the  1-15 lvl ftp plan active? My friend created a bew account and wanted to play SWTOR but the launcher was asking for am active subscription.

2) Is it worth purchasing the SWTOR game(with new 14,99 price) now? Willi get any better priviliges after the FTP launch?

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by pupurun

1) Is the  1-15 lvl ftp plan active? My friend created a bew account and wanted to play SWTOR but the launcher was asking for am active subscription.

2) Is it worth purchasing the SWTOR game(with new 14,99 price) now? Willi get any better priviliges after the FTP launch?

1) It should be active.  I have not heard any different.  If a new trial can't be done on the launcher, try EA's website.

2)  The game isn't really going F2P .. the limited functionality demo is being extended from 1-15 to 1-50 by Christmas.  You still need to buy the box though, as I understand it.  To do any lv 50 operations or any content on the lv 51+ Makeb plant (as well as anything new like the new BG/WZ + space missions etc) you need an active $15/month subscription.

Playing 1-50 with a $15/month subscription lifts all the limitations (inventory, currency caps, weekly limits on BG's (PVP), weekly limits on flashpoints (dungeons), limits on space combat, no operations (raids) allowed, limited to no GTN access, gear / social gear restrictions, basic travel & teleports, talking in general, etc, etc.

It's not really free, just a sneaky cover up to still bill customers and call it F2P to get attention from people who don't understand this F2P money grab model.  Playing it for "free" in any sense is very limiting and most multiplayer features are extremely limited or turned off completely until you sub.  If you thought this game was single player before .... it gets lonlier apparently.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.