Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things you think others don't know

2»

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Gathering nodes can give items that can be socketed into your equipment. So even if you don't want to craft or sell mats you can get some small, but free, stat increases.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

When you send or recieve mail in the game, a pigeon flies to your character, delivers/collects mail and flies away.

The ghost captain in Lion's Arch is the man!

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Nefera

When doing personal stories, be sure to explore a bit more than just the objectives.

I was doing a section of my personal story as a human, and after finishing what I had to do in the instance, I started looking around a bit. Something caught my eye (won't go into details, not wanting to spoil anything for anyone), but essentially I found out there was something more to it, I could actually react to the situation that caught my eye, do some searching around (nothing pointing to where I had to go/what I had to do), and make a difference regarding the situation. Absolutely nothing was pointing towards this possibility, just something I happened to run by out of curiosity, and I'm fairly certain it'll come back to haunt me later on during the personal story.

So keep your eyes open, and search for the stuff that isn't so obvious. :)

I have run into something like this in every racial story in at least one instance.   Now I'm worried I'm going to miss something.   I'm so used to:

WALL of TEXT.  Yes.  

WALL OF TEXT.  Yes.   

WALL OF TEXT.  REWARD. 

That my gaming has really gone downhill because I've been so spoon fed and locked on plot rails for so long that observing, thinking and deciding are atrophied gaming skills.  

And that has crept over to other games. Our DnD group was plays ever Sunday night.   For three people this is their first PnP CRPG.   Last night the DM had to tell them, multiple times, each NPC has a personality, background and his own thoughts on what is going on and how to resolve the current situation unlike WoW where they're just quest dispensers.

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121

Don't know if this is still in the game but,

- you don't have to rely on the UI to see conditons on you, there's a specific aura color or animation on you for each condition present.

just my 2 cents.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    When circle strafing -- cast the AOEs at your feet.  They won't hurt you and the mobs will run into them or flee them allowing you to control range and damage a little better.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I'm going to play a Norn. oops. now people know...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Sixpax
    Originally posted by Magnum2103
    • ... Rangers have the best condition spec damage build in the game, but it's very glass cannon.
    • Spirit Rangers and Guardians are unkillable in 1v1 if specced properly due to high toughness/condition removal and over 1k passive regeneration from heals.  They stalemate each other.

These are very subjective.  I certainly don't believe any spec is "unkillable" in 1v1.  Very difficult to kill sure, but unkillable?

First one isn't subjective at all.  Rangers have the highest condition damage in the game currently.  They can apply a max (25 stack) bleed on their target and maintain it permenantly along with poison.  Necros come close, but they can only go as high as a 20 stack bleed and have problems maintaining bleed that high.  Nearly every profession can go into a condition spec, but none do nearly the damage of a Ranger optimized for it.

The second is subjective, and I should clarify what I mean is that if you are assuming both are playing optimally in a 1v1 situation.  A Spirit Ranger and Guardian will either defeat or stalemate the other profession.  These 2 professions completely counteract any burst against them with high toughness/armor, constant protection, strong condition removal, and massive passive regeneration effects.  Even massive burst classes like Warrior, Elementalist, Thief, and Mesmer cannot dent them and any damage done to them is immediately healed through their passive.  There is good reason these 2 right now are considered the most overpowered professions in the game (check information from top SPvP teams Team Paradigm or Super Squad if you need to).

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Remember to use the discovery tab while crafting.

Also remember you can use the mystic forge for other special prizes. The mystic forge is an end game mechanic.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51
    • ... Rangers have the best condition spec damage build in the game, but it's very glass cannon.
    • Spirit Rangers and Guardians are unkillable in 1v1 if specced properly due to high toughness/condition removal and over 1k passive regeneration from heals.  They stalemate each other.

These are very subjective.  I certainly don't believe any spec is "unkillable" in 1v1.  Very difficult to kill sure, but unkillable?

First one isn't subjective at all.  Rangers have the highest condition damage in the game currently.  They can apply a max (25 stack) bleed on their target and maintain it permenantly along with poison.  Necros come close, but they can only go as high as a 20 stack bleed and have problems maintaining bleed that high.  Nearly every profession can go into a condition spec, but none do nearly the damage of a Ranger optimized for it.

The second is subjective, and I should clarify what I mean is that if you are assuming both are playing optimally in a 1v1 situation.  A Spirit Ranger and Guardian will either defeat or stalemate the other profession.  These 2 professions completely counteract any burst against them with high toughness/armor, constant protection, strong condition removal, and massive passive regeneration effects.  Even massive burst classes like Warrior, Elementalist, Thief, and Mesmer cannot dent them and any damage done to them is immediately healed through their passive.  There is good reason these 2 right now are considered the most overpowered professions in the game (check information from top SPvP teams Team Paradigm or Super Squad if you need to).

Anet seems to be aware of this at least. Spirits and sharpening stones got nerfed, and I think a few guardian nerfs are incoming. At least that broken spirit hammer bug is gone.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

sigil of earth apparently is getting a brief internal cooldown also, which affects all sorts of things (For rangers, that means no more hunter call putting tons of bleeds on by itself)

In fact with that, the spirits having less hps, the chance to apply burning from the spirit having an ICD, sharpening stone not being able to be used, waiting out the CD, then using again for more bleeds in the same fight....the stock ranger bleed build is actually pretty subpar atm IMO.

They'll probably do some more adjusting though.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by dracopie

Anet seems to be aware of this at least. Spirits and sharpening stones got nerfed, and I think a few guardian nerfs are incoming. At least that broken spirit hammer bug is gone.

Was unaware of sharpening stone nerf.  Didn't notice different in condition dps in last stress tests. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Pure crafters will level faster than everyone else. EXP per discovery at level 35, crafting level 150 = 2k+ exp per discovery. Opportunities for discovery = 1 of every typeof weapon * weapon tiers * applicable inscriptions. 

Yes, you can purely craft and never kill a thing in this game. Harvesting simply requires purchasing the right tool for the job and isn't level dependant, though between crafting and gathering you'll level up anyway, then sell the things you make for money to fund additional crafting and monster-drop matts (i.e., Vials of Blood, Fangs, etc.) for even more crafting.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Grunties
    • You can use your leap skills defensively by detargetting all targets.

Any idea if the warriors two-handed sword 'charge' ability works the same way?

It works too, I used it during the BWEs.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

SPOILER ALERT

Im going to be ther best player at WvW. Shhhh noone else needs to know. 

On a more serious note, I think a lot of gw2 players didnt realize thier was a speed buffer at every waypoint location near a gate at the main race towns.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

1. Condition Removal is more important than people think , spend a few points for the trait or utilize the utility skill,  its well worth the investment to counter the people who think they can face-roll a condition stack build.

2. If somethings overpowered, its going to get nerfed. Don't waste your time with the build if you want to develope a base ability with your profession. Instead pick the weaker builds and make them work, you'd be suprised how well some may perform.

P.S - Conditions got hit pretty heavily recently, you won't see many professions stacking 20+ bleeds anymore. For those who still can, they can't maintain those conditions.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Weretigar

On a more serious note, I think a lot of gw2 players didnt realize thier was a speed buffer at every waypoint location near a gate at the main race towns.

I didn't 

• Just how awesome I really am.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

SPOILER ALERTIm going to be ther best player at WvW. Shhhh noone else needs to know. On a more serious note, I think a lot of gw2 players didnt realize thier was a speed buffer at every waypoint location near a gate at the main race towns.
    I noticed that at the Sylvari starting area. It is in all the towns? Cool! I also noticed that when I partook just before leaving town, the buff did not follow me into the world :(

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

YEAH! I found this by accident in Divinity's Reach by talking to a NPC, I had forgotten about this, so thanks for reminding. If you take the asura gate from Lion's Arch, the NPC is very close to the asura gate in Divinity's Reach, can't remember exact location because it was BWE2.