Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my pre-order today. Heres why

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Man this guy again with the GW2 hate.  I put him on block long ago and I suggest anyone that is looking for a real discussion do the same because you won't get one. Here, I'll leave this here again and keep asking myself WTF you keep making threads in GW2 section OP if it aint to troll.  

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5082046#5082046

By your own words you were gonna stop trolling the GW2 forums and MMORPG in general and if you can't even be honest with that, then how can anything you say afterwards be taken seriousely?

This ^

How many times is this guy going to make threads about 'reason X is why GW2 is terrible, and I'm quitting' before he actually leaves. According to the above link, he had already lost interest in the game 2 months ago, and was leaving these forums entirely.

Trolls aren't even trying anymore, it's so obvious.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Loke666

He still have a point, one guy decides not to buy the game, who cares?

Sure, his reasons seems rather silly to me but OP sounds like a raider and the game is not really made for them (for once).

Good luck with whatever you choose to play instead OP, I see most of the others ingame.

only reason people get up and bothered is because of his post history.. if its just some random person saying they dislike the game for x or y reason then fine but to keep coming to these forums saying the same things over and over about not liking the game is well.. what else can you call it?

he made his point long ago.. move on

Are you kidding?  What about that dude the other day who gave his 1 hour impression.  The dude was crucified.  People get bothered because they don't like people disliking their game, it's freaking egregious.

*puts on hippy glasses* Anyone else so tired of this?  Why can't we all get along?  Lets go back to demeaning people who think GW2 fans are stupid because Asura are somehow sexual.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Who cares what one person thinks. Not I.   Bye. 
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    Originally posted by Loke666

He still have a point, one guy decides not to buy the game, who cares?

Sure, his reasons seems rather silly to me but OP sounds like a raider and the game is not really made for them (for once).

Good luck with whatever you choose to play instead OP, I see most of the others ingame.

only reason people get up and bothered is because of his post history.. if its just some random person saying they dislike the game for x or y reason then fine but to keep coming to these forums saying the same things over and over about not liking the game is well.. what else can you call it?

he made his point long ago.. move on

Are you kidding?  What about that dude the other day who gave his 1 hour impression.  The dude was crucified.  People get bothered because they don't like people disliking their game, it's freaking egregious.

*puts on hippy glasses* Anyone else so tired of this?  Why can't we all get along?  Lets go back to demeaning people who think GW2 fans are stupid because Asura are somehow sexual.

no people don't like ridiculous arguments but especially ones from the same person multiple times.. now obviously ridiculous is subjective but like my example before If I go into TSW forums and bitch the game sucks because it has no levels and no classes or has puzzles and investigation mission what would you expect people to say?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Who cares what one person thinks. Not I.   Bye. 

Too much irony to let pass.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Man this guy again with the GW2 hate.  I put him on block long ago and I suggest anyone that is looking for a real discussion do the same because you won't get one. Here, I'll leave this here again and keep asking myself WTF you keep making threads in GW2 section OP if it aint to troll.  

By your own words you were gonna stop trolling the GW2 forums and MMORPG in general and if you can't even be honest with that, then how can anything you say afterwards be taken seriousely?

Thats funny. You and Aerowyn and others keep claiming I hate on GW2 constantly and Im always created threads here...

Except that all you can  point to it one thread where I said I planned to play the game and was only whin ing about the GW2 fanboys. I also didnt even post that thread in the GW2 forums!

So how is it that I'm supposedly always trolling the GW2 forums when I have made like one thread in the GW2 forums? Me thinks you like to exaggerate a bit....

i am not interested in the game .but seriously there have been alot of surge of troll posts and most of the guys in those posts are praising TSW and bashing GW2  . all three of the posts i have seen . it surely shows to me that the community at TSW is worried that the game will go f2p soon .

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

I got to love the peole who post negativity about GW2 on the GW2 forums, and then get upset when people respond.

"Hey, I'm just voiceing an opinion!" they cry.

Its like going to an auto show and shouting "Combustion engines are for *******!"

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103
    Have fun with that, the game wasn't meant for everyone and enjoy.  On another note, your 'constructive criticism' of this game has been more similar to a troll more than anything else.
  • AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

just curious, why did you actually pre order it?

none of your points are kinda new or have been unkown.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• neoryudoneoryudo Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by lotaparty

Thats funny. You and Aerowyn and others keep claiming I hate on GW2 constantly and Im always created threads here...

Except that all you can  point to it one thread where I said I planned to play the game and was only whin ing about the GW2 fanboys. I also didnt even post that thread in the GW2 forums!

So how is it that I'm supposedly always trolling the GW2 forums when I have made like one thread in the GW2 forums? Me thinks you like to exaggerate a bit....

i am not interested in the game .but seriously there have been alot of surge of troll posts and most of the guys in those posts are praising TSW and bashing GW2  . all three of the posts i have seen . it surely shows to me that the community at TSW is worried that the game will go f2p soon .

it will be funny if TSW goes FTP as allot of people bought a lifetime pass

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5184116#5184116

Heres another where you were not open to discussion and clearly were looking to bash. Even when you aren't creating the threads you are very vocal about the game and it is very very cear you do not care for the title. Just because you try to throw out there that you are a paying customer doesn't make the fact that you troll the threads justifiable, it only muddys the water.

BTW  you don't have to creat the topic to troll a game so not sure about the red. But as others have said, your post history is enough to back up any claims of your agendas. Sadly, I see others probably getting warnings while you keep doing what you do. Last reponse to you because I know anything said positively towards GW2 makes me a fanboy whos opinions are delusional.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by dzoni87

No, really, some of you guys have right....

We dont need topics with 80 pages if one guy said he wont buy it. Leave him be, he wont be missed,(at least not by me) Let him continue playing whatever he is playing and this topic to die...

that's the issue some people just don't  go away.. they just keep coming back again and again 

But if we chose to ignore him and have him to lead monologues, he will eventually find that he is not having fun anymore, he will just leave by himself (or wont but he will be considered a self-talking nutcrack that way).

Otherwise he will win and we as community will fail. No more from me on this. See you guys on other threads

o/

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Psychow

The fact there are 6 pages in a thread where ONE GUY decides to cancel his pre-order is just crazy.  It's almost like GW2 has spawned a fanatic, zelot crazy cult..."someone's leaving? GET HIM BEFORE HE ESCAPES!!!"

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by 7-Thunder-23
    What! im voicing my opinion.... this guy can get away with it...Lol

there's a difference between voicing your opinion(positive or negative) and having an obvious agenda against something.. you can see his post history if you care.

Nonsense. If I had an "obvious" agenda against this game then why did I pre-order it?

Aerowyn, I get that you are this games biggest cheerleader but that doesnt mean that your opinion is the only correct one or that GW2 has no flaws (and it does, A LOT depending on who you ask).

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

anyone can click on your name then click on "more posts" at the bottom of the list of recent posts, and it will actually give you the text of all your posts... I scanned through 8 pages of them and pretty much EVERY SINGLE post was bashing gw2... I suppose I could have gone farther, but how many pages do you really need to go before it is a pattern?

Trying to pretend it ain't so when the evidence is so evident is pretty ridiculous....

Originally posted by HeWhoKnocks

The fact there are 6 pages in a thread where ONE GUY decides to cancel his pre-order is just crazy.  It's almost like GW2 has spawned a fanatic, zelot crazy cult..."someone's leaving? GET HIM BEFORE HE ESCAPES!!!"

[mod edit]

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

its almost like the game is about to be released in two weeks and many people who are accustomed to playing MMORPGs aren't currently playing one while they wait for this one to release and enjoy spending their time reading forums about their current favorite game.

when i find myself thinking things like "this community of people does X" i try to evaluate why maybe its not something special about that particular community, but rather why any normal sample of the greater population would behave in such a way.

i could very well be wrong on my outlook, but it makes sense to me.

edit: omg BC, our funcom/anet differences aside.. that post above was genius.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I'm a GW2 fan, but I sit back and watch these threads go on and on, and I just have to laugh to myself and ask, why do you guys persist? Do you really need to shake your finger at someone that badly?

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by HeWhoKnocks

[mod edit]

<3 that pic!

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Only thing i agree with you is the PvP zergfest. Its really annoying and terrible, bring 5v5 sPVP back.

• elyssariaelyssaria Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

Months ago before I started ebta testing this game I was very excited. I had bought into the hype that GW2 was the future and was gonna do things differently but after all the beta testing I finally had to be honest with myself about the game. The truth is that GW2 is basically more of the same with a few differences.

1. No raids- ANet removed raids because they know that their PVE system is to simple and casual to support complex and difficult raiding. Raids like everything else in GW2 (like pvp) are nothing but a button mashing zergfest. Having raids would have made this all the more obvious.

2. No sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- One of GW2 's big selling points is that it has no sub-fee. This is a good thing but in all honesty they HAD to do this since GW2 simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub. So instead ANet added a cash shop which gives rewards as good as the best stuff you can find in game and other things which makes it arguably Pay 2 win. And even if its not P2W at launch its obvious to anyone who is familiar with MMO's that it will end up that way.

3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of GW2 but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and punching gates for hours on end for no reason.  There is no actual purpose to GW2 pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic name so nobody knows who you are.

4. No endgame- GW2 endgame= the same stuff you were doing since level one since "everything is endgame". Once you hit 80 there is nothing to do which provides actual character progression anymore.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic. Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times. GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees. Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre.

I've read through your post history and I'm not sure why you even pre-ordered (not pre-purchased ... which is non-cancellable). These things are exactly as they've been clearly stated.  Anet has hidden nothing about their game, yet posts like this crop up as though they are surprised.  

1. No raids.  (well, raids as they are known in popular MMO's).  I certainly disagree with your opinion on GW2 combat, my quesiton is that they have clearly stated form the beginning that they consider the entire game as endgame.  Why would even pre-order a game like GW2 if you wanted to raid?  That makes no sense at all.

2. No sub fee cash shop that's pay to win ... um, well this has been the same cash shop that's been known for months and suddenly now it's worth cancelling?  They announced the cash shop and the types of items in it BEFORE you could even buy the game.  Again, why did you pre-order in the first place?

3. Pointless Zerg PvP ... agian, it's the same PvP that they've talked about from the beginning.  if you don't want this style, why would you pre-order? Why would you waste your money on a game that clealy wasn't made for you.

4. No endgame.  Again, how is this different than anything they have said the whole time?  You want end-game progression type raiding.  You either didn't research the game or had a strange hope that the game would change.

So basically you are admitting that the OP has the things right as he said ? I mean you confirm there will be no raids why get GW2 if you want raids, you confirm the cashshop (which indeed surprise me that the OP actually could miss this from the beginning), you confirm that the PVP is like the OP is saying and if ppl don't like it then get another game and finally you basically agrees in terms of raiding that the endgame will not have this (I am curious about what will the endgame be? To be honest both swtor and even tsw are suffering from lack of endgame).

I am just trying to be objective since many people bash the OP for what he says yet many actually confirms what he says. If things are like this then there are valid concerns to be worried. To me it's the PVP that worries me the most, since I loved the PVP in Guild Wars 1 and therefor the expectations are high for GW2 PVP. I also tend to dislike the endless capture this fort/cast/flag or whatever you want to call it and then you will loose it and rince and repeat over and over. I would much more see a successful capture lead to the winners getting an oppoturnity to access a normally locked zone for a limited time, where they could adventure and get new items etc. Also if I recall correctly (was it Tabula Rasa??) there was a game that once you won the pvp then you got access to some really nice crafting resource zones which really helped the alliance in crafting new stuff. Just as long there is not this same old style.. capture these POIs and get a world buff etc etc bla bla... that's just so boring and not progressive at all

I myself preordered like a year ago and I will get my own oppinion about this game just some things worries me and some things really keep me interested.

Sincerely!

/Ely

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by xalvi

Only thing i agree with you is the PvP zergfest. Its really annoying and terrible, bring 5v5 sPVP back.

The game has that in the form of structured PvP.

• AAnarkiAAnarki Member Posts: 16

I really wonder why when the OP says he's just stating his opinion (of which he is entirely within his right to do) that over the course of 2 days I have seen 3 seperate threads in which he has been stating his opinion. Two of these started by the OP (includling this one). Why is it when simply stating an opinion he feels it's necessary to do it in 3 threads over 2 days?

OP do you not believe you've been heard? or that your opinion is so crucial to the forums that it must be thrust onto ppl over days and days via many various threads? In my own opinion might I suggest for yourself to simply walk away from extolling your views within the GW2 threads and perhaps post more on the forums of a game you do enjoy. A kind of 'turn your frown upside down' way of thinking. You know talk postitive about what you do like, rather than belittle other peoples opinions. I dunno thats just my way of thinking, But each to thier own of course and I respect that.

As to your remark of naming Aerowyn the cheerleader of GW2 in such a manner that he/she will accept no negative opinions upon the game, of all the time I have been following the game I have only seen he/she defending thier views on the game when people choose to voice thier own. But more than that I have never seen Aerowyn as some 'cheerleader' or such simply an invaluble source of video information allowing people to make the informed decisions that you personally may have benefited from before pre-ordering the game. He/she has always made it clear whatever said is thier own opinion and in my view people like that who simply hand you information to make your own informed decision are more valuble than those that simply try to state opinions as facts.

I am however glad you have found what you enjoy and know what you dislike too. With that I feel sure you'll have an enjoyable time in whatever you choose to play.

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

I think its funny that certain TSW fans (i'm sure it'll be obvious to those that are regulars) seem to be on the forums longer than they are playing TSW....hmmm :) Especially when their post count in forums of games they hate is quite high. Personally, I generally only post in two subforums: GW2 and TSW. Because I like both games. And, seeing that I have finished TSW for now until 5 or 6 months once new content builds up again, I will be on the forums until GW2 comes out (with the occassional bout of TF2 :D ). And once GW2 comes out i probably won't post on here much....

I KNOW this isnt related to the OP, but how much of the last 5 pages is? :P

PS: Even though I know you are a troll, OP, if you did actually prepurchase and then not like the game, I hope you enjoy the games you do end up playing and that they treat you well :)

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by LachyFTW

It's pretty ridiculous, not even the SWTOR fanboys were this mad.

Actually most are just congratulating him on his epiphany and wish him luck with his game of choice.

It seems that it is mostly the "we are not fans - And we are NOT so fans with a vengeance" crowd that need to create/fuel drama here?

Consider doing like the OP: Evaluate how you feel about GW2. If not positive then accept you just prefer other games and walk away?

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

This discussion has been closed.