Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my pre-order today. Heres why

Comments

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    ... h-... h-... how... did this thread get so f**king big?!

Bad news are the best news, you know the trick...

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    ... h-... h-... how... did this thread get so f**king big?!

THIS

IS

MMOR!...

Fuck it, I can't.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by laokoko
    Originally posted by k-damage
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by colddog04

Really though, you never addressed the misinformation part which was what we were discussing. I don't have any issues with your opinions at all. Actually, it would have been nice if the original poster expressed those concerns. But alas, he was just wrong in what he said. And that is why you get all these people freaking out.

I did briefly, too much to write too tired to be doing it :P (5 am here and I worked 13 hrs yesterday:). As for that it seems to me there's a segment of players that this type of thing is not misinformation to. If that makes sense. To these people this is the truth of GW2 as I see a lot of threads like this. The no endgame, broken promises etc.. 

I'm only saying that there may be  a segment of readers that this type of information relates to (those with similar views on MMO's and endgame, or the things that need addressed in the genre).

The problem, as we're constantly repeating here, is that most nay sayers are spreading pooh. Yes pooh, as their critics are completely erratical and 80% of the time not based on an actual, real testing session. Most of them didn't even play the goddamn beta.

Just check out all the negative threads, at one point, there's always a time where the OP admits he didn't either play extensively (< 4 hours), either didn't play at all. How can you not want to flame such people ? (as long as they do feel the need to be vocal and create threads about it, indeed, like "hey ! I don't know what I'm talking about ! But I got something to say !")

Dude, I spend like 100 hours reading GW2 forum etc.  I didnt' even say anything negative about the game.

And I admit I didn't play beta.  I just like to play games when they are out.  I rather spend my time playing other games because I dont' want my character to be wipe.

Hey, I was not specifically pointing at you, don't worry ;) It was more (yet another) general explanation about why some flames are thrown towards people who fill the urge to create a thread about how "they won't purchase gw2", how "they're thinking it's not as good as it's said it is", or any [insert opposition to general excitement].

I'm not against critics, of course, they can open some eyes and sometimes create some very interesting debates. But when they're done so poorly (in this case with gw2), and when you can debunk 80% of their substance with a simple "I admit I didn't play the part I'm criticizing yet", or even worse, "I admit I didn't play the game yet" .... well, I don't call it a critic. It's like basing a whole movie critic upon some other critic you read in a newspaper. You just don't create a magazine column about it.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I can understand most of those points.  I do feel too many people have nailed their provebial flag to the mast with GW2, rather then just taking a punt on the game and not expecting anything apart from some enjoyment short term and hopefully meeting some nice people.

Anyway best of luck with TSW and PS2 :) 

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    i think op never pre ordered in the first place esspicccly if he thinks tsw is any good
  • PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Raiding in a MMO hasn't been fun since waking the Sleeper in EQ1.
    Honestly if a game goes against WoW's pointless raid system then by all means it's a +1 buy in my book.

As for zerg pvp... Make friends.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

So .... let me get this straight : 

1) You're judging lvl 80 content before even having tested it

2) You're judging something you're calling an advantage before even having played against it

3a) You're judging pvp as a lack of ranking, while it's been specifically mentionned that there will be ranking (tournaments)

3b) You're judging pvp as a zerg fest while there are tons of videos that demonstrates some 1vs1 fights inside structured PvP & WvWvW

4) You're judging lvl 80 content before even having tested it

.... and

5) You feel the need to make a thread about it 

Nice internet reputation blasting, dude !

Same like other threads hyping the level 80 content, which is not really far tested, and hyping the WvWvW which is also not really tested hard yet. Strange that some1 gets quoted when he says a critic and when some1 hype it, everyone gives him a +.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    We just wont know until the games fully released.
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Vapors

So .... let me get this straight : 

1) You're judging lvl 80 content before even having tested it

2) You're judging something you're calling an advantage before even having played against it

3a) You're judging pvp as a lack of ranking, while it's been specifically mentionned that there will be ranking (tournaments)

3b) You're judging pvp as a zerg fest while there are tons of videos that demonstrates some 1vs1 fights inside structured PvP & WvWvW

4) You're judging lvl 80 content before even having tested it

.... and

5) You feel the need to make a thread about it 

Nice internet reputation blasting, dude !

Same like other threads hyping the level 80 content, which is not really far tested, and hyping the WvWvW which is also not really tested hard yet. Strange that some1 gets quoted when he says a critic and when some1 hype it, everyone gives him a +.

If you can point me at more than 3 threads hyping lvl 80 content, I'd aknowledge you. And I mean real lvl 80 content, and real hyping stuff, like "Raids are awesome", "Endgame is awesome", "The PvP ranking system is awesome", "Returning back to lvl 10 zones while I was 80 is awesome", etc ..

Meanwhile, threads bashing things that can't be fully tested yet are just appearing on a regular basis ...

Plus, there's a whole difference between "I tested WvWvW for 3 days, and it's awesome, here is why : " ... and "I tried WvWvW and it's just a zergfest". You don't reduce a whole game feature to "it's a zergfest" when there are plenty, plenty of youtube videos that can prove the opposite. At least if you want to bring some credibility to the critic.

Any not-half-assed beta tester who tried WvWvW with a bit of investigation, without waiting stuff to come on a silver plate, does know that they're not necessarly a zergfest. In the same way, you can call any game to be a "button masher" if you just don't care about the buttons you push.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Months ago before I started ebta testing this game I was very excited. I had bought into the hype that GW2 was the future and was gonna do things differently but after all the beta testing I finally had to be honest with myself about the game. The truth is that GW2 is basically more of the same with a few differences.

1. No raids

I myself would have wanted raids too. However, 5-man-instances still need as much or even more coordination and skill.

2. No sub fee but cash shop

That bothers me too. I hope it doesn't get too much P2W. It's ok at the moment, but their business model in GW1 was better. I'd rather buy an expansion each year again.

3. Pointless zerg pvp

Show me how you zerg with 5 players. PvP is 5 players only, except for WvWvW. If the players will be stupid zergs is yet to be found out.

4. No endgame- GW2 endgame= the same stuff you were doing since level one since "everything is endgame". Once you hit 80 there is nothing to do which provides actual character progression anymore.

Who cares about character progression? You play PvP and do dungeons because they're FUN and not because you need more shiny stuff. Where's character progression in Shooters or RTS games? Nowhere - because they're fun without it. Character progression is ok, but in MMORPGs it is often used to keep players playing a game which just isn't fun in it's core.

imo.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Well I certainly agree with what Bilbo is saying. Having NO endgame is a deal breaker because people will churn through content so fast they will have very little left to do.  They will be bored and move on waiting for the next theme park ride. Unfortunately for me I pre-purchased the game so I can't cancel but never again will I ever pre-purchase a mmo from ArenaNet again. Fool me once shame on you.... Now being an ex-player of Guild Wars for many years I must say Guild Wars 2 is really a completely different game which I believe is for the worse long term. The game is nothing more than console gameplay tacked on to the pc. Zerg here or zerg there ftw pve envoronment along with WvW battles. Structured pvp is nothing more than dumbed down Alliance Battles. I would say the only real satisfaction that people may like the most is the personal story.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Well, I disagree with almost everything you said on this post.  A whole bunch of misinformation, but since you "cancelled your pre-order", I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'm glad you found a game you like.  GW2 is that game for me.

I'm assuming since you have decided that you won't be playing GW2 because you don't like it that we won't be seeing any more posts from you regarding the game?  After all, if you don't like the game, why bother trying to make it "better"?   If you don't like it, why bother with it at all?

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Blindchance

I couldn't care less about raids. The idea of event bosses is good enough for me. Anyone can drop in and drop out from them and there is no need to hold your water for 6 hours straight. There is longer the idiotic we need a tank and healer curse spoling the fun for everyone else.

The lack of sub is a good thing for me, when it comes to the content complaint...look at TSW the game has as much if not less content then GW2 and charges obscene 12 pounds per month. P2W is just a speculation and right now nothing proves it.

Which massive pvp is not zerg like ? With huge numbers of players on the screen only organised guilds try to cordinate anything. GW2 is not that bad, it actuall tries to spread the players in WWW with different objectives. Except of that you have smaller, instaced pvp if you don't like or your PC can't handle the WWW.

Endgame. I'm sorry but I lost any respect I had to your arguments. Theme park MMORPGs have no replayability value to anyone sane anyway. Sandbox games on other hand require talented minds to make the replayable content entertaining and fun, but I disgress. There is no game which provides endless hours of entertaiment. If you spend endless hours while playing any game I suggest visiting a local psychologist as you have a major addiction going.

TD;LR

It's a game, it's not a second coming of Jesus. Some people will like it, others won't. People will complain about lack of content a month or two after the launch. We won't see "why I unsubbed" topics only because there is no sub. It's A GAME not a miraculous replacement for your life.

There are MMOs that have zergy PvP that is fun (daoc) because they were specifically built for it, and then there are others where it isn't fun because it's just an afterthought (wow, gw2, WAR). Zergy pvp can be very fun if done right.

• AAnarkiAAnarki Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by LytheEmber
    Originally posted by alkrmr

This thread is about GW2 so please stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking/Derailing threads is a bannable offense and I wouldnt want to see any of you get banned. So please be respectful and stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking

• Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.
      Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.

• Game Attacks
      • Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
        Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.
      •  
    • Trolling
    • Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
      For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

None of that applies to me. Not sure how your reply was relevant. It was off-topic again though.....

Hmm, this whole thread is a bait.  Had it been in general forums perhaps not, but coming to the GW2 forums to do so is clearly a ploy to get responses, which you did...bravo.  What really makes it a bait is not that you told us you cancelled your pre-order (that in and of itself is fine) but that your "substantiated" reasons for doing so are OLD arguments presented as fact to help others understand the "truth" about the game. 

Your actions perfectly emulate the above statement.

Wow you are really grasping at straws here.

So by your logic if someone had a complaint once about GW2 and brought it up it can never br brought up again as a valid reason otherwise it is an old argument and "baiting". Sure whatever you say pal. 

Just catching up on the thread today, but Bilbodoggins you've got to be called out on this one. This thread is the 2nd thread i've seen you start for certain on disliking GW2. Not once but twice only if we judge on what you started, if we rightfully include threads of which you have involved yourself in I can quickly count at least 4 times you have voiced your opinion. Not once but 4 times at least.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    After first two beta tests i was close to cancelling my pre order too but then i gave PVP  a chance and now i can't wait for the release. PVE in GW2 is boring and  very repetitive but PVP is something i absolutely fell in love with.
  • ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Derpybird

Is this post going to turn out like this post?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5081999#5081999

What makes me wonder is how he decided to say goodbye to mmorpg.com because of the amount of Gw2 fanboiz around , like a victim , then he decided to make a thread criticizing gw2  , in the heart of gw2 community,  ... It gives me the impression that he likes to be whipped around by the people, really  cant tell if he is masochist  or just plain troll.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Months ago before I started ebta testing this game I was very excited. I had bought into the hype that GW2 was the future and was gonna do things differently but after all the beta testing I finally had to be honest with myself about the game. The truth is that GW2 is basically more of the same with a few differences.

1. No raids- ANet removed raids because they know that their PVE system is to simple and casual to support complex and difficult raiding. Raids like everything else in GW2 (like pvp) are nothing but a button mashing zergfest. Having raids would have made this all the more obvious.

2. No sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- One of GW2 's big selling points is that it has no sub-fee. This is a good thing but in all honesty they HAD to do this since GW2 simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub. So instead ANet added a cash shop which gives rewards as good as the best stuff you can find in game and other things which makes it arguably Pay 2 win. And even if its not P2W at launch its obvious to anyone who is familiar with MMO's that it will end up that way.

Aaaaaaaaaand I stopped taking you seriously right after this.

Makes me wonder if you indeed played "all the beta". Even tho I came to an opinion that you didn't based on what I read in your whole post or I'm just disagreeing with you... :)

Tho, glad that you found a game which you enjoy! Have fun.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by korent1991

1. No raids- ANet removed raids because they know that their PVE system is to simple and casual to support complex and difficult raiding. Raids like everything else in GW2 (like pvp) are nothing but a button mashing zergfest. Having raids would have made this all the more obvious.

2. No sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- One of GW2 's big selling points is that it has no sub-fee. This is a good thing but in all honesty they HAD to do this since GW2 simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub. So instead ANet added a cash shop which gives rewards as good as the best stuff you can find in game and other things which makes it arguably Pay 2 win. And even if its not P2W at launch its obvious to anyone who is familiar with MMO's that it will end up that way.

Aaaaaaaaaand I stopped taking you seriously right after this.

Makes me wonder if you indeed played "all the beta". Even tho I came to an opinion that you didn't based on what I read in your whole post or I'm just disagreeing with you... :)

Tho, glad that you found a game which you enjoy! Have fun.

Do these people find a template online or something for these kind of posts?

Seriously, they are all exactly the same - either 1) same guy 2) using a template 3) groupthink/brainwashing?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    Originally posted by Blindchance

I couldn't care less about raids. The idea of event bosses is good enough for me. Anyone can drop in and drop out from them and there is no need to hold your water for 6 hours straight. There is longer the idiotic we need a tank and healer curse spoling the fun for everyone else.

The lack of sub is a good thing for me, when it comes to the content complaint...look at TSW the game has as much if not less content then GW2 and charges obscene 12 pounds per month. P2W is just a speculation and right now nothing proves it.

Which massive pvp is not zerg like ? With huge numbers of players on the screen only organised guilds try to cordinate anything. GW2 is not that bad, it actuall tries to spread the players in WWW with different objectives. Except of that you have smaller, instaced pvp if you don't like or your PC can't handle the WWW.

Endgame. I'm sorry but I lost any respect I had to your arguments. Theme park MMORPGs have no replayability value to anyone sane anyway. Sandbox games on other hand require talented minds to make the replayable content entertaining and fun, but I disgress. There is no game which provides endless hours of entertaiment. If you spend endless hours while playing any game I suggest visiting a local psychologist as you have a major addiction going.

TD;LR

It's a game, it's not a second coming of Jesus. Some people will like it, others won't. People will complain about lack of content a month or two after the launch. We won't see "why I unsubbed" topics only because there is no sub. It's A GAME not a miraculous replacement for your life.

There are MMOs that have zergy PvP that is fun (daoc) because they were specifically built for it, and then there are others where it isn't fun because it's just an afterthought (wow, gw2, WAR). Zergy pvp can be very fun if done right.

add TSW in the list image

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by kertin

I would like to laugh to your faces when you ll find out that GW2 is average title. But it wants time until you ll realize it: )). GW 2 has horrible PVE and now you should start to realize even PVP is not so awesome: ))

Haters will always hate.

There is nothing wrong with GW2 PvE, it is better than most, I HAVE played TSW, TERA, RIFT, WoW, etc. I feel this game has better PvE content as well as the unknown content when you explore.

I think it is time to have this thread locked because there is nothing being discussed only nashing of teeth.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523

3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of GW2 but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and punching gates for hours on end for no reason.  There is no actual purpose to GW2 pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic name so nobody knows who you are.

4. No endgame- GW2 endgame= the same stuff you were doing since level one since "everything is endgame". Once you hit 80 there is nothing to do which provides actual character progression anymore.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic. Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times. GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees. Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre.

I have a feeling that the OP is not interested in a discussion given the reasons he has posted as to why he has cancelled his pre-order of GW2; if he's even pre-ordered at all. This is not an attempt to get the OP to pre-purchase or pre-order GW2 but to show how his reasons are fundamentally incorrect, mininformed and misleading.

All quotes were taken from: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/krewe-guild-wars-2-mmo-busy-adults/

Yellow: Your argument as to why Anet "removed" (as if they had them and then took them off) Raids reeks of bias and ignorance. The fact that characterized GW2's gameplay to button mashing zergfest speaks to the fact that most likely you never even played the game; you probably didn't even pre-order the game.

"Thankfully, Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have raiding. What it does have are other forms of large-scale, cooperative content that are far more dynamic, and far less monopolizing of your time, than raiding. The best part about all of this content is that you can participate and compete in every bit of it on a level playing field, without the barrier to entry of gear grinds, regardless of how much time you have to play."

Dungeons (GW2's version of Raids):

"There will be eight dungeons in Guild Wars 2 at launch, offering a total of 24 different dungeon experiences once you factor in that each has a single Story Mode and three Explorable Modes. If you’ve played other MMOs, dungeon are still the instanced, team-based PvE zones you know and love. The main difference with dungeons in Guild Wars 2 being that, without the need of dedicated tanks and healers, it shouldn’t take you longer to find a group to run the dungeon than it does to actually finish it. All you need are four other players and a couple of hours dedicated to exploring their depths. Also, because you aren’t hindered by those traditional roles, it places far more emphasis on true cooperation and skill rather than one player doing all of the boss management, one player doing all of the healing,  and the other three doing all the damage. In Guild Wars 2, each of you will be able to contribute equally. Each new group composition will require its own strategy, making each dungeon run feel far more unique and challenging than in other MMOs.

The best part for the busy adult gamer is that these dungeons will always scale you down to their level, meaning they never become obsolete. The gear they reward you with is comparable with other gear of the same level found elsewhere in the game through crafting or normal PvE play, and will scale with your actual character level. If you want to run Ascalonian Catacombs (a level 30 dungeon) when you’re level 80, you can do so and still find a challenge and rewards that are just as meaningful as if you had ran it at level 30. There’s no grind here. There’s no need to run them repeatedly in order to “gear up,” since the only thing unique about the gear is the cosmetic look of weapons and armor coming from each dungeon. Dungeons offer a unique set of challenges and rewards without requiring excessive time commitments."

Red: Again, your argument as to why GW2 doesn't have a monthly sub is due to their lack of content? OP, you are so high on your own bias and ignorance, even if we dragged you out of the cave kicking and screaming, you would just run back in.

"The payment model of any game greatly influences game design decisions which support that model. Raiding is certainly a byproduct of subscription MMOs, and one which we’ve already covered. If you have kids who want to play with you, it’s as easy as purchasing another copy of the game. You’re not forced into paying another monthly fee for something your child may only pick up and play a handful of times per month. If you want to play with friends who are new to the game, you can take your existing character and be scaled down in level so you can enjoy the game right beside them at a moment’s notice. You don’t even have to both be on the same server, thanks to Guild Wars 2′s guesting system.

"ArenaNet can provide you with all of this convenience because, unlike a subscription MMO developer, they don’t need Guild Wars 2 to be the only game you ever play. Once you’ve purchased the copy, you’re done. It’s all about getting your initial investment’s worth of entertainment. If you stop playing for a couple of weeks to try out another title, or to take a family vacation, or to handle a business trip, it doesn’t matter. Guild Wars 2 will still be waiting for you when you get back without costing you an extra penny.  Guild Wars 2 doesn’t need to get you to play out of guilt. You’ll never have to think to yourself “Well, I’m paying $15 a month for it, so I’d better log in.” Just like any other non-subscription game you have loaded on your PC or console game that is sitting on your shelf, the only thing making you play Guild Wars 2 is your own enjoyment. Play it because you want to, and not because you have to."

"Guild Wars 2 is an expansive, dynamic game with numerous fun and rewarding ways to experience it. Play as much or as little as you want, whenever you can. You are completely free to explore and experience the game at your own pace, without penalty. It’s the perfect MMO, regardless of how busy your life outside of gaming is."

Blue: OP you are either ridiculously misinformed or hopelessly ignorant of what GW2 is all about and what all it has to offer. I'm beginnign to suspect you never played it and in fact quite possibly never even pre-ordered it.

WVW:

"The WVW game mode in Guild Wars 2 is an epic two-week long battle for dominance between three servers across four massive and interconnected maps. The rewards from WvW include buffs called Power of the Mists which provide bonuses to things like  health, experience gain and gathering. These bonuses carry over to PvE, so the more effective your server is in WvW combat, the more the entire server benefits. The siege of a large keep is a huge undertaking that can include dozens of players on each side, and the strategic use towering siege equipment. 

Regardless of your group size, there is something you can contribute to the war effort. Individuals can take out enemy sentries and supply caravans, robbing their enemies of resources needed to maintain their defenses. Small groups can capture enemy supply camps or reinforce their own. Larger groups can fight in battles over fortifications that would make Peter Jackson want to bust out his camera and start filming. Because your opponents are players and not giant, scripted NPCs, each and every time you enter WvW you’ll have a different experience.

The best part about WvW is that you can come and go at will. If you only have 30 minutes to play, you can jump into WvW and have enough time to take a supply camp or defend a tower. Even if you simply run around gathering ore, wood and herbs for your crafting, ambushing enemy players along the way, you’re still contributing to the war effort. If you can stay longer, then consider joining a squad under the leadership of an experienced Commander. This will allow you to join forces with your fellow players in larger scale battles for as long as you’re able to play. When the time comes to leave, there are no strings attached. Another soldier will rise to take your place in the ranks."

SPVP:

"One of my favorite cases for why ArenaNet has created the perfect MMO for adult players is SPVP. Other MMOs may have PvP battlegrounds or warzones that you can compete in without being max level, but even that comes down to who has the best gear and who is the highest level. If you have better stats or more abilities at your disposal than your opponent, then you’re going to win. In many MMOs, the “real” game doesn’t even begin until you’re max level. Any PvP done before then won’t reward you with the best gear, nor does it offer the same complexity since you won’t have your full complement of abilities at your disposal.

These other MMOs also have specialized PvP stats on their gear, like resilience or expertise. These stats are completely arbitrary in nature, and are placed on gear to increase your damage done and reduce the damage done to you in a PvP setting. The only reason stats like this exist is so you can’t bring the gear you’ve acquired elsewhere in the game into a PvP setting and be competitive. This means you have to sit through another gear grind if you want to level the playing field. More time spent getting gear is more time spent on your subscription.

Guild Wars 2 unshackles players from this kind of nonsense. In Guild Wars 2 you can enter the Mists very shortly after character creation. This zone is a PvP lobby where you can access your max level character for organized PvP play. In sPvP, you have full access to all of your weapons, armor, skills and traits. You can participate in Hot Join matches, jumping in and out at your leisure without restrictions, or get together with friends for more organized Tournament play. The great thing about sPvP is that it can be as casual or hardcore of an experience as you want it to be. Spend 15 minutes or spend an entire afternoon, it’s up to you. The only determining factors of who wins are communication and skill. Even the most hardcore player will only be rewarded with cosmetic upgrades in gear. His stats will be the same as yours. There’s no grind to concern yourself with. If all you want to do is hop in and run some matches, this is a perfectly viable way to enjoy doing so without needing to spend days or weeks leveling first."

Orange: OP, Character progression continues from lvl 1 to lvl 80 and beyond; only difference is that you don't gain any more lvls hafter lvl 80, you gain skill points, gold, gear, etc, etc. And you are right, in GW2 "everything is endgame", in other words, you don't have to grind your way to lvl 80 to start enjoying the game, you get to enjoy the game from lvl 1. That is the beauty of GW2, all carrot, no stick.

Summary: I've come to the conclusion that you have not played GW2 or even pre-ordered the game. I don't know if you'll even bother to read my response, I hope you do; I read yours. There is nothing wrong with not liking a game or saying that you think the game does not live up to the hype or that it does not live up to your expectations. However, when you willfully misinform people and misrepresent what a game has to offer that's where I, and most likely many others, have an issue. We are not saying you can't dislike GW2, what we are saying, at least I am, is if you're going to dislike something, dislike it for the right reasons, not for the wrong reasons. By wrong reasons I mean false, fundamentally incorrect, mininformed and misleading.

Cheers!

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Just what the title says. GW2 fanboys do nothing but troll everything around here and/or derail topics constantly.

Looking forward to when GW2 actually launches and its not the holy grail of MMOness they dreamed it would be. Until that time I bid thee adieu MMORPG.com

So OP what made you return early?

Still couldn't stop crying over the fact that GW2 is more popular than your fav game so you return to lie and spread misinformation? You obviously either haven't played the game or if you did are just plain lieing because the things you present as facts aren't even valid as opinions within the context of  the game.
    You know that by posting here the hype ranks and score on these boards will only increase right?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by lilHeala

Just what the title says. GW2 fanboys do nothing but troll everything around here and/or derail topics constantly.

Looking forward to when GW2 actually launches and its not the holy grail of MMOness they dreamed it would be. Until that time I bid thee adieu MMORPG.com

So OP what made you return early?
    Still couldn't stop crying over the fact that GW2 is more popular than your fav game so you return to lie and spread misinformation? You obviously either haven't played the game or if you did are just plain lieing because the things you present as facts aren't even valid as opinions within the context of what the game.
    You know that by posting here the hype ranks and score on these boards will only increase right?

People often complain about "the hype" and how "fanboys" ruin forums - but the negativity of "haters" will always, always be a far more destructive elements than any amount of positive energy.

They just can't STAND other people having things they enjoy, and want to bring everyone else down to their level of hatred and disappointment cause "their games" are not good enough to stand up to the criticism on their own merit - so they defend them with ferocious, vile contempt.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by kertin

I would like to laugh to your faces when you ll find out that GW2 is average title. But it wants time until you ll realize it: )). GW 2 has horrible PVE and now you should start to realize even PVP is not so awesome: ))

Haters will always hate.

There is nothing wrong with GW2 PvE, it is better than most, I HAVE played TSW, TERA, RIFT, WoW, etc. I feel this game has better PvE content as well as the unknown content when you explore.

I think it is time to have this thread locked because there is nothing being discussed only nashing of teeth.

By horrible PVE you mean PVE that allows players to play together regardless of levels (level scaling), where there is no mob/loot/node stealing, dynamic events rather than linear griding quests and complete freedom to play at your own pace, style and direction without behing left behind the gear/level curve? *sigh

As to the pvp, I don't think there is a single game which offers more diverse, fun and balanced pvp than GW2.

Comments such as Kertin's post truly show how people will say anything these days. You give them the whole carrot with no stick and they still complain... incredible!

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

The info is out there and available if you want to get informed about GW2's "endgame". Basically all there is to do is the same events and heart quests and pvp you were already doing except it provides no real progression at all. Also the gear provides no upgrades. You can grind a legendary rainbow sword which also provides the same stats as every other lvl 80 sword.

the dynamic webs that take place on Orr do not have the same conslusion everytime. They will vary with how they interact with other dynamic events.

To date all we have seen in low level stuff and so does not show the complexity of the dynamic event system. Since they have made it extremely clear for years that DEs are the "endgame" and as you level up they become more complex. I myself am looking forward to actually using my brain to some the DE puzzles as they appear and figuring out which group of DEs cause which conculsion to take place.

This game is not about a gear grind either. If you want to look fancy you can and so you can grind for it. But it is not required. Also PvP is the "endgame" for some and again they can do that from the start.

Have fun in your other game ,which is extremely boring btw, and no where near the coomplexity or quality.

One less whiner to hear a week after the game launch.

MMOs ARE THE JOURNEY. NOT THE END OF THE JOURNEY.

"endgame" is the end of the journey. In all MMOs except GW2

p.s. great reply Sammandar

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

This discussion has been closed.