Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWIIonline is NOW FREE2play (and its been amazing best FTP model ever)

124»

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Scottsman,

The problem isnt that you cant pick up a weapon, its the lag, or latancy issues.  Last night I watched some poor french infantry run at about 200-250m range straight at me.   I fired at him,  by the time the round covered that distance it hit him a little higher than center mass.   The target ran for another 2 seconds then fell over.  

In a CQB situation, if I were to shoot someone and it takes them 2 seconds to register the hit and die, they could kill a couple of people. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Is there any PvE in this game?
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Is there any PvE in this game?

There are ai controlled MG and AT emplacments around every city you can destroy.  That's about it, lol.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by Hodo

There are no Americans in the game normally, only in special map campaigns.  99% of the time its French + UK vs Germany.   There are no Battleships, carriers, or really anything larger than a Destroyer, and even thats not that functional.   The damage model is still very hit or miss, granted now I think its more related to the lag issues than actual code.  

Dont lie to the community it just makes you look bad.

No disrespect Hodo but your answer is wrong.

On July 18th Americans were introduced into the Campaign in the later tiers. Check the Facebook page, its all up there.

So I think your 99% of the time quote is very wrong.

What was that you said about lieing about the community? It just makes YOU look bad?

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Scottsman,

The problem isnt that you cant pick up a weapon, its the lag, or latancy issues.  Last night I watched some poor french infantry run at about 200-250m range straight at me.   I fired at him,  by the time the round covered that distance it hit him a little higher than center mass.   The target ran for another 2 seconds then fell over.  

In a CQB situation, if I were to shoot someone and it takes them 2 seconds to register the hit and die, they could kill a couple of people. 

That's why I thought their idea for more 'instant action' and cramming more combat into the city at close range was such a bad idea.  I understand why the lag is the way it is, but you try and design around it so it has the least effect possible, not make changes that pushes the issue to the forefront. Laggy Larry, the best bunker cleaner ever.

• ScottmanScottman Member Posts: 62

Scottsman,

Im no fan of the way this happens...Im a rifleman first player I dont usually get a second shot so when I do things right and the target does not go down (LIKE IT SHOULD) I really upsets me and I often wonder what new players will think when same thing happens to them.

I hope they one day fix this but I think that this happens in a lot of games cept in other games you have "hit points" that might hide THEIR code problems. WW2online we strive for realistic play as much as possible but game and server seems to be dependant on current Technology and its limitations ie I dont think that this will ever be fixed as the "fix does not exist yet (so we need to cut some slack to CRS and ww2online sometimes it aint THIER fault)

Originally posted by Tontoman

Scottsman,

That's why I thought their idea for more 'instant action' and cramming more combat into the city at close range was such a bad idea.  I understand why the lag is the way it is, but you try and design around it so it has the least effect possible, not make changes that pushes the issue to the forefront. Laggy Larry, the best bunker cleaner ever.

Once again your right on this ...cramming more combat (funneling playerbase) by using Attack objectives is not really the best idea since the more players in an area = more stress on that area of the server

Which all leads (and adds to) to the WTF and the WTH moments that frustrate people that "thought" they made the shot just to die to inviso or warping players. Crs stead of funneling players might wanna even out player numbers that are allowed to attack somewhere so that its not a strain on the server ...But that crushes squads and we allready have done that and probably cant handle a new system.

I wish we could have perfection but I dont think its possible without totally destroying squads to do it in this matter

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Stug

There are no Americans in the game normally, only in special map campaigns.  99% of the time its French + UK vs Germany.   There are no Battleships, carriers, or really anything larger than a Destroyer, and even thats not that functional.   The damage model is still very hit or miss, granted now I think its more related to the lag issues than actual code.  

Dont lie to the community it just makes you look bad.

No disrespect Hodo but your answer is wrong.

On July 18th Americans were introduced into the Campaign in the later tiers. Check the Facebook page, its all up there.

So I think your 99% of the time quote is very wrong.

What was that you said about lieing about the community? It just makes YOU look bad?

I am?  Logged in last night checked, one US division that I noticed in a 5 min scan of the front.   It had 3 brigades.   Most of the attacks where being carried out by UK and French divisions along the front.   So save for a few times you are going to be, IF you play as ALLIES, stuck in a French or a UK division.  And seeing as the French become the US in later tiers... I recall they were tagged the "Fremaricans".   

Even if I exagerate the 99% your still wrong about Battleships, Carriers, or a working HE model.

So much crap, so little quality.

Sooo Americans ARE in the game then?

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Scottman

I tried it since they have gone free to play and it has the feeling it had when I first logged in may years ago game seems full of people again LOTS of targets most of them infantry (free to play rifleman and smg) Ive been seeing so many targets (and killing them) that I think they are going to have to increase the supply of them cause we are actually attriting alot of the infantry brigades. Which until free to play just dont happen much if at all ...very amazing this may give this game new life if they combine FTP with a $10-12.99 monthly sub for full access

I just hope server dont go tilt from the influx of new trials ...ive been seeing at least 10-20 green tags ( new recruits) per mission

Well good job CRS for this step in the right direction

see the population dip within three months 

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by lotaparty

I tried it since they have gone free to play and it has the feeling it had when I first logged in may years ago game seems full of people again LOTS of targets most of them infantry (free to play rifleman and smg) Ive been seeing so many targets (and killing them) that I think they are going to have to increase the supply of them cause we are actually attriting alot of the infantry brigades. Which until free to play just dont happen much if at all ...very amazing this may give this game new life if they combine FTP with a $10-12.99 monthly sub for full access

I just hope server dont go tilt from the influx of new trials ...ive been seeing at least 10-20 green tags ( new recruits) per mission

They need to make a item mall to buy unlocks for the free to play people.   Otherwise why even have a base FTP without any room to grow?

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by lotaparty

I think it already has.  I played allied last week at prime time and there were only approx. 35 players doing ground ops.  And they were so divided, I think 10 was the most I saw spawned into any one area.

F2p Players are signing up to the game, it would seem.

Which is nice :)

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

Guys I strongly suggest you keep an eye on your subs as CRS are now automatically rolling some subs onto new plans which can incure a huge cancellation fee.

"We released an e-mail yesterday identifying the existing prepay plans would go into our new $12.99/mo 12 month plan. This means that if you currently use the 3 or 6 month prepay, they will automatically be rolled at the end of this billing cycle into this new 12 month $12.99/mo ($25 cancellation fee) plan.

This does not mean, that if you received this e-mail, your previous account will be re-activated and charged. This is for active subs only.

Billing Support: [email protected]"

Heard reports of people being charged upto $50! shame on you CRS shame on you.

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Abyssuss

Guys I strongly suggest you keep an eye on your subs as CRS are now automatically rolling some subs onto new plans which can incure a huge cancellation fee.

"We released an e-mail yesterday identifying the existing prepay plans would go into our new $12.99/mo 12 month plan. This means that if you currently use the 3 or 6 month prepay, they will automatically be rolled at the end of this billing cycle into this new 12 month $12.99/mo ($25 cancellation fee) plan.

This does not mean, that if you received this e-mail, your previous account will be re-activated and charged. This is for active subs only.

Billing Support: [email protected]"

Heard reports of people being charged upto $50! shame on you CRS shame on you.

To those people reporting that to you, tell them to email [email protected] or GOPHUR @playnet.com. They'll both be happy to refund/fix any issue. The billing system is a little antiquated and some of these changes may have caused issues.

In regards to the cancellation fee, the "HUGE CANCELLATION FEE" is $25.00, as stated. Essentially, instead of paying the full 17.99 for membership your paying $12.99. Thats a discount of $5. So, if you have an account for over 5 months, you equal out if you decide to cancel at the 5 month mark.

When it comes to what Free to Play accounts have access to, heres a link to a wonderful chart, http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/25-promotions-a-offers/12416-unit-tree-september-2012

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Back before all the command nonesence was added I played this game a ton and really enjoyed it.  Each of the vehicles was a simulator onto itself and the differences between infratry, artillery, tanks, trucks, and planes was pretty impressive.  I have tried to go back a few times and it just isn't the same game I remember.
    Originally posted by udon
    Back before all the command nonesence was added I played this game a ton and really enjoyed it.  Each of the vehicles was a simulator onto itself and the differences between infratry, artillery, tanks, trucks, and planes was pretty impressive.  I have tried to go back a few times and it just isn't the same game I remember.

It still has all the same potential ( and more) that it had back then it really does

We just need the government / HC to get out of the way of a good time or support us with a solid frontline so that the map moves through FIGHTING and ATTRITION instead of a glorious "HC map move" that involves no fighting

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Each squad should have a person in the HC, or at least on the HC channel as a OiC of a brigade.

HC's are not trying to keep squads out of the loop, in fact we more than welcome any squad leader willing to step up and talk to us and then give them the option to run any attack they wish!