Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moderation on official forum

Comae13Comae13 Member Posts: 42

Is the worst moderation I have ever seen in 10 years of mmo, except for the Aion beta where they were koreans moderators who faked posts to ban people they didnt like. Yeah NCSOFT have the worst community management of all mmo editors.

There is only censorship. If you dont agree with something or didnt like something you are sanctioned. Comon we are adult or wtf ? I think we are in 2012 and there is enough of this.

Second thing, stop use that word, called "troll", really, you destroy the free speech on internet.

2 cents

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Comae13

Is the worst moderation I have ever seen in 10 years of mmo, except for the Aion beta where they were koreans moderators who faked posts to ban people they didnt like.

There is only censorship.

I think we are in 2012 and there is enough of this.

Without moderation forums turn intoo a battlefield, espescially game forums.

On the other hands, i loved the EQ2flames forums where there is no moderation and everyone is allowed to call everyone whatever he wants.  But in general people that cant behave overhtere are taken care of by the community.

Anyonw for GW2flames forums?

I think someone registered the GW2flames.com domain and put it up for sale.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Comae13Comae13 Member Posts: 42

There is community management, moderation, and censorship.

Its not the same. Seriously I see an internet that is not free to speech anymore. Its because community managers and players too.

One don't even care of free speech cause there is money and the site is the window of the game, and others dont stop shouting "troll ban ban".

I dont like that, thats all. Im french and in france there is just NOT a single free forum of video game anymore. Mmo ? Yeah mmo customers are adults no ? But its WORST.

It is sad imho.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Is the worst moderation I have ever seen in 10 years of mmo, except for the Aion beta where they were koreans moderators who faked posts to ban people they didnt like. Yeah NCSOFT have the worst community management of all mmo editors.

There is only censorship. If you dont agree with something or didnt like something you are sanctioned. Comon we are adult or wtf ? I think we are in 2012 and there is enough of this.

Second thing, stop use that word, called "troll", really, you destroy the free speech on internet.

2 cents

Dare I say MMORPG.com's is jsut as strict?  I know I've recieved my fair share of warnings and temp bans.  image

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

There is community management, moderation, and censorship.

Its not the same.

Those are your perceptions, without indepth examples and arguments, your statement that there is only censorship does not hold.

Anyone can call things what he wants on the internet, without knowing the reasons why it was done and how it was done, your statement does not mean anything but maybe a scream in the dark.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Not that I like people silencing opinions.... but...

Internet forums are not a bastion of free speech.  If a company wants to remove a topic on their forums then they're entitled to.  Mods are people, sometimes they're grouchy.

I was given a 3 day ban on this site for saying don't upset GW2 fans, they'll crucify you.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I can understand wanting to represent the game in a good light on the official forums,Its good for advertisement.

Third party sites like these are the best way to have a 'balanced' discussion of things.

But then because negative criticism is supported, that doesnt go well with the people expecting rainbows and unicorns.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

2 cents

If you posted like that on my forums, I'd moderate you, too.

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

2 cents

We will call you a troll if you give no informaiton on the subject, right now what you are saying could be right or dead wrong.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

2 cents

I saw plenty of complaints and discussions during the BWEs but yesterday the forum was only for bug reports. They delete/closed all posts about whatever else...

Originally posted by Zylaxx

2 cents

Dare I say MMORPG.com's is jsut as strict?  I know I've recieved my fair share of warnings and temp bans.  image

They are,

got quite some warnings, and even two bans, for calling people trolls in public... Even tough they where trolling, you´re not allowed to call them trolls on this forum, that might be some wise advise for newer members.

Dont call them trolls, but report their posts, and the moderators will take care of it.

So basically its not the moderators actions, its the memebers that report these posts.

This can be abused tough, i remember peopel with a 1 post account trolling on these forums, and then reporting everyone that called them a troll.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I've seen and posted plenty of criticism on the official forums. As long as it's not offensive, it's not moderated.
  • XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    I've seen some of the best dicussions I have ever seen between Devs and players on the Guild Wars 2 forums, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Most game companies try to sweet shortcommings under the rug, ArenaNet has constantly told us when they were unhappy with certain areas of their game, or felt areas were not up to par. 
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

So basicly OP is angry at moderation, and havent specified what esactly trickered that feeling.

But it looks like its about GW2 and had been trickered in the last stress test.

It is stated in this thread that in last stress test (as the others) the official forums was strictly for bug reports and other topics was not allowed and removed.

Also every one playing BWE's know that everything was not deleted there, and will find the statements from OP that there is only censorship hard to recognize.

So is this just a rant from a poster that didn't understand the purpose and the rules for the stresstest , and confuse it with how moderation is handled in BWE's.

If thats the case , it would be nice if OP could  admit that.

I dont know if you are liying or you are so fanboy that you don't know that you're liying.

Btw anything I'll say it will be invalid I bet... ok.... as you want... but yeah there is pure censorship you admit it or not its the same.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I dont know if you are liying or you are so fanboy that you don't know that you're liying.

Btw anything I'll say it will be invalid I bet... ok.... as you want... but yeah there is pure censorship you admit it or not its the same.

You do know that they deleted all posts that weren't bug reports because it was a stress test. They always leave threads open during a BWE and I've seen pure negative posts been answered by the devs in a polite way. I don't get where you got this "censorship" thing

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Thats wrong I dont talk about only the stress test. You seek a way to proove im not right and seriously its a bit curious.

There is pure censor. They delete and punish "wrong" posts, they keep what they want, period.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Thats wrong I dont talk about only the stress test. You seek a way to proove im not right and seriously its a bit curious.

There is pure censor.

They delete and punish wrong posts, they keep what they want, period.

No they don't. I've seen many "wrong posts", as you call them, on the official forums they don't get deleted.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

man stop the drama seriously ive posted plenty of complaints about systems and problems , I bugged the living crap out of them to add in a realm point system for world vs world and even had 3 different devs post in my topics explaining their side of things . Censorship is different from disrespect and thats what a lot of you guys that complain about it need to learn. You cant go into the forums there and slam them with disrespectful posts and its simple. I applaud them there because the amount of trolling on the guild world forums here on both sides are ridiculous. Im seriously so sick of reading personal attack after personal attack on sites like this one that you cannot even get an ounce of information out there without the threads being completely hyjacked one way or the other. They are not that bad , want to complain about censorship go to the SWTOR offical forums where you cannot even write a good bye post or say you dislike the game.

Rofl ok all I said is wrong because I critic gw2. Like always.

So.... ok as you want !

.... and dude... french swtor forum is BY FAR the best community management I have ever saw in 10 years of mmorpg. The worst was Aion and all blizzard games after they was bought by universal.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    guild wars 2 moderation on their offical forums is easily by far not hard on criticism , like i said its all about how you write information about it to them.  If you like the game or you do not like the game there is still ways to be fair and balanced. I can think of 10 things I hate about the game , but about 20 things I really enjoy . Post what you like , then what you do not like and give a suggestion on a change and i bet you the topics will not be trolled nor will they be deleted or locked.
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

There is pure censor. They delete and punish "wrong" posts, they keep what they want, period.

So basicly we have established that you didn't just misundersstud the stresstest. You could have avoided that misunderstaning being more specific in your claim first, as poster here ask you. The way you act here doesn't help you to get people to understand your case

Now you are claiming that "wrong" post are deleted also in other situations or always, that so far equals BWE's.

What goes against you is that you are properly the only one claiming it ! We as a community havent seen it, or heard about it. Exsept for obvious pointless trolling wich we all do expect to be moderated.

And forgive us for thinking that you don't show that much skill in communication so far. Because its is hard not to link that to be whats behind your experience of bad moderation. Especial when you reinforce the impression,  with lack of exsamples and just stating oppinions.

GW2 forums had a policy about being nice and mature in the way you communicate. I am trying to demostrate what its about, with this post, and give you a  chance to be taken seriusly. take it or not, thats your call

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

2 cents

.. What official forums?

There are none.

Oh. you mean the ones they open for Stress Test or BWE? Those are not forums, they are for technical issues only, if you speak of other stuff, they will kill the thread.

They are not censoring you, it does not matter what you say but the topic. Makes topic "Anet is awesome" it gets killed. Make topic "Anet sucks!!!" it get cancelled.

Now you might wonder WHY they do not have an official forum already up and running... and if they will ever have one when the games go live. I wonder the same, but complaining about "censorship" when the forum rules are posted right there at top is just silly.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

2 cents

I wish I knew what you were actually talking about. I've never seen constructive criticism that wasn't blatant trolling censored on the official forums during any of the BWEs. During the stress tests, they have limited feedback mostly to bug reports and have locked threads that where just suggestions or complaints, because the stress test isn't about gathering suggestions/complaints or general feedback.

They want to know about bugs, but other than that, they will not be processing posts generated during the stress tests, so there is no point for them on the official forum during a Stress Test.

I would actually appreciate a suggestion sub-forum during the stress tests, but I undestand why they probably wouild serve little purpose right now. Not only is the state of the game in the stress tests atypical of the actual game, but they are a little over two weeks from release and new suggestions are pointless as they crunch to get the game ready for release.

If you went trolling and were shut down, sorry, but the GW2 community team isn't going to roll over and put up with that crap. If you went to express some opinions and views in a constructive manner, I can understand your frustration but you need to understand why they just don't need your opinions right now.

BTW, stop abusing the concept of "free speech". The 1st amendment guarantees your right to say things with out government censorship. It doesn't allow you to exercise unwanted speech on private property and it most certainly does not protect someone who spews disdainful speech of any form from garnering well earned ridicule or ire from other private individuals. I have as much a right to call a "troll" a "troll", or a bigot a bigot as that person has to say things that make him look ignorant in the eyes of others.

"Free speech" was never meant to be a shield against the social consequences of saying something stupid, inflammatory, ignorant or hateful!!!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Is the worst moderation I have ever seen in 10 years of mmo, except for the Aion beta where they were koreans moderators who faked posts to ban people they didnt like.

There is only censorship.

I think we are in 2012 and there is enough of this.

Without moderation forums turn intoo a battlefield, espescially game forums.

On the other hands, i loved the EQ2flames forums where there is no moderation and everyone is allowed to call everyone whatever he wants.  But in general people that cant behave overhtere are taken care of by the community.

Anyonw for GW2flames forums?

I think someone registered the GW2flames.com domain and put it up for sale.

Seems to me that he's talking about people that criticise the game are moderated... not the guys who make personal attacks and things who should be moderated.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

It really depends what you did said there. I am on these forums and you have as many positive and negative discussions as on these boards.

That, of course, as long as it is under the levels of "diplomacy" (couldnt find a better word atm lol). There is a collosall difference between

"ZOMG Aarenanet thiz feature is suckzor. I wantz my money back. You suckx!!!!!!!!!111 eleveneleven"

and

"I dont like this feature and find it gamebreaking for me. Here it is why:..."

Could you paraphrase your issue better?

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online