Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did GW2 just surge 33% in popularity overnight?

Comments

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Zooce
    Originally posted by Mephster
    I think your dellusional saying GW2 boosted popularity by 33% without any sort of proof. It is all in your mind.

GW2 has been about twice as popular in recent days as the #2, 3 games.  27/83*100=32.5

Its gone up another 720 hits while I was posting this.

It can't be because:

1) There's an article on the front page concerning GW2. 

2) There are people posting on this forum a lot.

3) Guild Wars 2 is the most anticipated MMO in a while.

4) Many websites are actually posting articles concerning GW2, even Forbes did an article.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr
    Originally posted by wrightstuf
    Yep, Kate Upton just announced she was gonna play

NOOO She already messed up Justin Verlander, now GW2 ... /weep

Yea, but i'll bet he had fun working on his backdoor slider.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    this is gonna be a bigger fall then swtor lol.    I will play though it will be fun until im 80 with nothing to do since farming cosmetic gear will be boring as hell.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by William12
    this is gonna be a bigger fall then swtor lol.    I will play though it will be fun until im 80 with nothing to do since farming cosmetic gear will be boring as hell.

^

l

Case in point.  This is why it is so popular right now.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by thekid1

90% of the thread activity is in GW2 forums.

Well, considering that more than a few players of other games seem to find it more fun to post here than to participate in the forums of their own game and improve their own community... you have at least a part of the reason of that overwhelming popularity. It seems that even when you don't play it or plan to play it, GW2 is more fun than most other MMOs on the market.

It is strange how frequently some folks with no actual in-game experience take it upon themselves to create new threads dedicated the GW2, or comment exhaustively on GW2 threads.

When GW2 launches, I will be busy with that, and concerns with the forums of any other games will be the last thing on my mind.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

case in point

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Well, considering that more than a few players of other games seem to find it more fun to post here than to participate in the forums of their own game and improve their own community... you have at least a part of the reason of that overwhelming popularity. It seems that even when you don't play it or plan to play it, GW2 is more fun than most other MMOs on the market.

I wish GW2 fans would take your advice on not posting in other games forums.  

And other game fans stop posing in the GW2 forums in an attempt to discredit it.  What comes around goes around.

Originally posted by Derpybird

It is strange how frequently some folks with no actual in-game experience take it upon themselves to create new threads dedicated the GW2, or comment exhaustively on GW2 threads.

When GW2 launches, I will be busy with that, and concerns with the forums of any other games will be the last thing on my mind.

same

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

LOL see you in WvW! I'll be the one with the amazing-looking greatsword smacking you in the noggin.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    for now i post a lot on this forum, after GW2 release oficial forum and game launch probably i will be like 1year without post anything here like i did in past.
    Originally posted by Mephster
    I think your dellusional saying GW2 boosted popularity by 33% without any sort of proof. It is all in your mind.

GW2 has been about twice as popular in recent days as the #2, 3 games.  27/83*100=32.5

Its gone up another 720 hits while I was posting this.

Only a fair comparison can be done when you compare to other game threads close to launch.  While no other game will have the numbers right now with GW2, however the gap is much smaller that what your chart presents.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Look at the front page..

I never seen anything like that before, not with Vanguard, Conan, WAR or Star wars TOR.

GWII doesnt even hold a candle to how popular SWTOR was in november, early december. In general Star Wars fan base is massive. GW is a nich group compared to that. Doesnt matter though both games are woefully dreadfull in their own ways. It just so happens the mmo flavor of the next cople months is GWII, it will fall into MMO oblivion in due time and join TOR.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by toddze

GWII doesnt even hold a candle to how popular SWTOR was in november, early december. In general Star Wars fan base is massive. GW is a nich group compared to that. Doesnt matter though both games are woefully dreadfull in their own ways. It just so happens the mmo flavor of the next cople months is GWII, it will fall into MMO oblivion in due time and join TOR.

amazing how these keep flooding in.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Look at the front page..

I never seen anything like that before, not with Vanguard, Conan, WAR or Star wars TOR.

Ehm..no fanboy here I haven't even played  the beta :(

I kept a reasonable eye on the frontpage popularity during SWTOR's release approach and it might have been somewhat more populair (although I think not) saying GW2 populairty doesn't hold a candle to SWTOR's is nonsense.

And you saying GW2 will fall into oblivion confirms you are spouting nonsense on a regular base. Guild Wars 1 was a very popular game, all signs ere there GW2 will be even more popular.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Did she also announce which server or better yet her in-game name?

/stalk

Look at the front page..

And yet GW2 has beated SWTOR on the hype meter here since.... they were ever added on the list?  GW2 will be fine as it delivers what was promised unlike TORtanic where... did they every tell the truth?

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Looks like hit spammer manipulation imo.  GW2 has been about twice as popular as TSW and SWTOR for the past month, but last night (and much more noticable today) seems to be unbelievably popular.

Is there a rational explanation for this boost in hit traffic, or do you suspect foul play too?

Look at the front page..

Really? I've seen it with all the AAA titles in the weeks leading up to launch. Do people have such strong blinders on about this game that they can't even accept that it would draw more attention as we countdown the remaining days until launch?

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

I kept a reasonable eye on the frontpage popularity during SWTOR's release approach and it might have been somewhat more populair (although I think not) saying GW2 populairty doesn't hold a candle to SWTOR's is nonsense.

And you saying GW2 will fall into oblivion confirms you are spouting nonsense on a regular base. Guild Wars 1 was a very popular game, all signs ere there GW2 will be even more popular.

I dont see GW fan fairs all over the US. On the other hand I have seen countless SW fan fairs (not been to one). So again GW does not even in the same ball park as SW, When I say SW, I am not refering to tor, when I refer to TOR i will say TOR or SWTOR. So go re-read my post.

GW2 lacks meaningful end game content to keep people really playing the game period. I have been around this genre long enough to know what keeps people playing. Go enjoy your game but dont come back crying when boredom sets in, because it will.

• DeStrukChunDeStrukChun Member Posts: 18
    There is nothing else worth talking about at this point.

I dont see GW fan fairs all over the US. On the other hand I have seen countless SW fan fairs (not been to one). So again GW does not even in the same ball park as SW, When I say SW, I am not refering to tor, when I refer to TOR i will say TOR or SWTOR. So go re-read my post.

GW2 lacks meaningful end game content to keep people really playing the game period. I have been around this genre long enough to know what keeps people playing. Go enjoy your game but dont come back crying when boredom sets in, because it will.

which it has just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.. but that's another discussion. I have been around MMOs since it all started and played every AAA release till now, I feel I have got a decent grasp of the types of games that will be in it for the long haul.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    1st time I have looked forward to a game this much in a long while

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by Ambros123

And yet GW2 has beated SWTOR on the hype meter here since.... they were ever added on the list?  GW2 will be fine as it delivers what was promised unlike TORtanic where... did they every tell the truth?

You have the advatage to see that TOR turned out to be gatbage, I knew TOR was going to be garbage well before launch, and I posted it. I took a beating for it. Kind of like I am taking a beating now, for my GWII remarks, but like tor, I will be laughing last on GWII, saying "I told you so" .

The good thing about GWII is it wont leave a bitter taste in your mouth because of subs. people will constanlty play and quit off and on, like they did in GW1. Come back play awhile see whats new and go play another game.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I wish GW2 fans would take your advice on not posting in other games forums.  

And other game fans stop posing in the GW2 forums in an attempt to discredit it.  What comes around goes around.

The problem is, this is why so many people not interested in the game are posting in the GW2 forums, there are some (by no means all) GW2 fans that have been posting in other games forums just to bash them and tell them why GW2 is so much better.  Then fans from those games come to this forum now and say "what goes around comes around."  I enjoy GW2, but the last year has been terrible to try and read about other games.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

which it has just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.. but that's another discussion. I have been around MMOs since it all started and played every AAA release till now, I feel I have got a decent grasp of the types of games that will be in it for the long haul.

oh really? Being that you played every AAA game I question your experience in really knowing what keeps you in it for the "long haul", since you mmo hop around so frequent. So it would seem nothing keeps you in a game for the "long haul". But then again you and I may have different definition of "long haul"  

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Xzen

Had to google Kate Upton to find out who she was.

+1

Unrelated; Ty mmorpg.com for fixing the forums for iPad users.