Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad News for MO...

2»

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Valvar

So, a couple of points. I've already made these on the MO forums and others have partly been through them, but I think they need a bit of clarification.

We are not talking about a lot of money here. €13 per month, is it (I forgot)? That's like eating out. Or going to the cinema. Or buying a book. On a scale for someone with a job it's perhaps one hour of work. If people pay for multiple accounts, let them. I don't. I pay for one account that I play on, but paying for antother couple of them wouldn't be a big deal. Someone convinced someone else to buy an account? Oh horror of horrors, they just wasted, what, €40? If they had tried the trial they should have known what they were in for. If not, boo-fucking-hoo.

The developers are also extremely dedicated. Especially Henrik, who is basically paying for the whole project. You thought that most of the money came from subscriber? lolno (I have no idea if what someone said about Henrik's dad giving him the money is true, but it sounds more like a rumour to me). These people really want the game to be good, but making an MMO with a tiny team isn't exactly plug-n-play. I would like to see another dev team of the same size do the same thing better. 

You say they made so many mistakes and aren't improving? So what exactly are they? Clarification on that please. Not fixing bugs is the response I expect, and what is said is true; they are very small and don't have a lot of money.  THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE, you say. Well, how would you do it then? Backseat game development is easy.

My friend, so much you said in this post is incorrect, many here have been activly following this game (and were once a part of it) from Beta Block A/B and the Open Beta .

I  will just make one small point. SV is a Public Company and there is no "rumor" about where the money came from, who the primary (and largest) stockholder(s) is/are etc.

Do some checking before you come here to "school" us on rumors and such.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

So, a couple of points. I've already made these on the MO forums and others have partly been through them, but I think they need a bit of clarification.

We are not talking about a lot of money here. €13 per month, is it (I forgot)? That's like eating out. Or going to the cinema. Or buying a book. On a scale for someone with a job it's perhaps one hour of work. If people pay for multiple accounts, let them. I don't. I pay for one account that I play on, but paying for antother couple of them wouldn't be a big deal. Someone convinced someone else to buy an account? Oh horror of horrors, they just wasted, what, €40? If they had tried the trial they should have known what they were in for. If not, boo-fucking-hoo.

The developers are also extremely dedicated. Especially Henrik, who is basically paying for the whole project. You thought that most of the money came from subscriber? lolno (I have no idea if what someone said about Henrik's dad giving him the money is true, but it sounds more like a rumour to me). These people really want the game to be good, but making an MMO with a tiny team isn't exactly plug-n-play. I would like to see another dev team of the same size do the same thing better. 

You say they made so many mistakes and aren't improving? So what exactly are they? Clarification on that please. Not fixing bugs is the response I expect, and what is said is true; they are very small and don't have a lot of money.  THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE, you say. Well, how would you do it then? Backseat game development is easy.

My friend, so much you said in this post is incorrect, many here have been activly following this game (and were once a part of it) from Beta Block A/B and the Open Beta .

I  will just make one small point. SV is a Public Company and there is no "rumor" about where the money came from, who the primary (and largest) stockholder(s) is/are etc.

Well, some of what he said is true. SV are a very small team. 5 peeps if I´m correct. So they ARE doing really great for being such a small team. Now that they´ve rewritten the whole code to fit 64 bit etc, it´s gonna be easier for them to get hotfixes out etc. Hopefully they do get more money though, so they can get more peeps in and get us the game we all want faster. Henrik is the largest stock holder as well. Either way, good times ahead for those that like MO.

Also people that pay for it, believes in MO and SV and will support them with this small fee that they have to make it so. At least til something better comes out.

• ValvarValvar Member Posts: 5

All right, I might have been wrong on the count of saying that it was a rumour. That was the only thing that I specifically said I wasn't sure about, though, so I'm not sure how that makes me so extremely wrong about everything? Why don't you actually respond to my post rather than nitpick the least important details?

All right, I might have been wrong on the count of saying that it was a rumour. That was the only thing that I specifically said I wasn't sure about, though, so I'm not sure how that makes me so extremely wrong about everything? Why don't you actually respond to my post rather than nitpick the least important details?

You are the one who made an account to come here and call us crybabies for not wanting to pay for MO (Its just an hour of work, cost of a dinner, etc...BOO FUCKING HOO) and yet gives false information which is very easily verified. This makes your entire post suspect and your credibility zero on everything you say.

The dude with the Mouse Avatar (cant think of his name atm) is a huge MO fanboy and supporter of the game and yet his defense has credibility since he doesnt make elementaary and easily verifible mistakes and then 'LOL' at people- He nd I disgree, but I trust he doesnt come here with lies, just differing opinions.

This foirum is FILLED with responses to everything you have written and repeating ourselves and other post(s) everytime one of you wind up marketers comes here is redundant.

Someone who really cares about their game doesnt launch and take a Vacation with nobody to reset the server and things in chaos and then make shit up about Swedish Law . Someone who cares about their game so much generally would provide support (GMs) at peak hours to get folks unstuck (an OLD BUG)...I could go on, and on, and on.

And about the small amount of money they are asking- With a small team there is LESS overhead (i.e. smaller operating costs) and I wounder why MO costs more than a AAA game and hasnt released a PATCH in 8 months (I know...I know...The Xpac). MO is a story of lies, excuses and unproffesional behavior and it isnt changing.

State of the game 2 years later is abysmal.

But we wilol see how THIS pans out, wont we. Will FAILED return? Desynch? Will Epic be blamed (or a Volcano?)

Stay tuned, its going to get interesting.

You are the one who made an account to come here and call us crybabies for not wanting to pay for MO (Its just an hour of work, cost of a dinner, etc...BOO FUCKING HOO) and yet gives false information which is very easily verified. This makes your entire post suspect and your credibility zero on everything you say.

The dude with the Mouse Avatar (cant think of his name atm) is a huge MO fanboy and supporter of the game and yet his defense has credibility since he doesnt make elementaary and easily verifible mistakes and then 'LOL' at people- He nd I disgree, but I trust he doesnt come here with lies, just differing opinions.

This foirum is FILLED with responses to everything you have written and repeating ourselves and other post(s) everytime one of you wind up marketers comes here is redundant.

Someone who really cares about their game doesnt launch and take a Vacation with nobody to reset the server and things in chaos and then make shit up about Swedish Law . Someone who cares about their game so much generally would provide support (GMs) at peak hours to get folks unstuck (an OLD BUG)...I could go on, and on, and on.

And about the small amount of money they are asking- With a small team there is LESS overhead (i.e. smaller operating costs) and I wounder why MO costs more than a AAA game and hasnt released a PATCH in 8 months (I know...I know...The Xpac). MO is a story of lies, excuses and unproffesional behavior and it isnt changing.

State of the game 2 years later is abysmal.

But we wilol see how THIS pans out, wont we. Will FAILED return? Desynch? Will Epic be blamed (or a Volcano?)

Stay tuned, its going to get interesting.

Mind pinpointing my lies and false information? Because I think you are pretty much slandering me here.

The reason I came here was because some of these posts really did not make much sense, so I took two minutes off to create an account. But I'll happily let you circlejerk over how awful MO is undisturbed if that is your wish.

How does having a small team mean less overhead? The development tools, servers, patching systems et cetera cost the same, don't they? Or is there a "small indie team" discount?

And I agree with you on that some things have been really badly handled, but I also think that SV have improved. As you said; stay tuned, it's going to be interesting.

Most of what you said is just, like, your opinions though.

From the Official Forum (note: Server Load is low compared to whats coming tommorow and during the coming week- Many Bugs, FAILED for instance, dont show until servver load is high)

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/the-real-awakening-mega-thread.77046/page-53

"The AI is absolutely fucked, just attacked a horse and it flew 500 feet in the air, teleported back to me and just started spinning around in circles"

Rocket Pigs for Horses? Awesome....

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/bugs-make-the-game-unplayable.77194/

"I am shocked, i made a post asking about the roaming mobs that were meant to be in this expansion and my thread got deleted?

We are not in North Korea this is freedom of expression, talk and speech? I didnt say anything bad?

All im asking is why the mobs are not roaming when they said in Awakening the mobs would be roaming and not at the same spawn points?"

"-Unable to craft, due to not being able to split stacks and move from the bank to the crafting table

-Spells cast while trying to talk to NPCS 

-NPCs lose aggression when interacting with them

-Cannot cross bridges while mounted

-NPC Guards and Bandits don't drop armor or weapons

-Horses apparently possess skills equal to that of superman

-Player Mount Bug(Where you see a non mounted player on his mount)

-Player warping

-Loot bags lag into other loot bags

-Red priests sometimes do not resurrect red players 

-Many NPCs have poorly loaded textures(Their Armor is like a giant smudge applied in paint)

-Many areas have broken geometry(You fall through the map)

-Mount equipment not working(May only be for me)

These are all the ones I can think of that I have found so far, but currently there is no way to re gear a character and the game while fun is in an awful state. I also find the GUI and new button assignment very poor and far more confusing than the older model. The compass is also a pain in the ass, as the design often covers the directional markers.

I know there are other issues I cant think of ATM, I would like to see others add to the list of things they have found.

I would like to possibly see a rollback once there have been a few rounds of bug fixes, as the state of the game is just god awful right now.

I do think that once the bugs go away and the player synchronization is improved we will have a great game on our hands."

-Same Ol SV, same Ol MO.... But wait, we "knew there would be SOME bugs" lol

EDIT: I am still waiting on Genetics...Henrick promised it would revolutionize gaming and damn it sounded cool- Hyped to hell and then...Nothing. Nary a word...Like "Town Life" lol and the Dragon.

I asked you to highlight my lies and false information, not quote posts about the state of the game from the forums. Everyone knows that the game is pretty broken as of right now. What exactly is your point in relation to the discusssion we were having?
  • NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Well, Awakening has been live for some hours now, and they DID say there would be bugs in, and that they are rdy for it. People write about it on forums to let people know, but in my TS every1 is having a blast even so. The bugs will be sorted. Rollbacks will be compensated. They new it would be alot of issues going live to so many people. I can´t see any problem with it. People are rdy for it, people are helping SV getting them know what works and doesn´t work. Only you ol crybabies here that don´t even play the game bothers.

But as I said before. If you want to experience it less buggy you should prolly wait a week or so til they sorted that out. ANd there are also many good things now. The game runs MUCH smoother on the 64 bit client. Have no lag at all yet. And it also looks fantastic. I have it all on highest settings as well, and no problems what´s so ever. The new guards are gr8 to. Yelling for back if they are loosing, and chase you like crazy. Really cool.

I asked you to highlight my lies and false information, not quote posts about the state of the game from the forums. Everyone knows that the game is pretty broken as of right now. What exactly is your point in relation to the discusssion we were having?

Already highlighted your lie- And the quotes from the Forum are very relavent.

Henrick put his own money in the game even though ebil people spread rumors that it was Daddys money- Lie.

/next

And I already explained that that was the only part of my post that I said I wasn't sure about. Now, to support your arguments I ask you to provide some sources that state that Henrik's money is not his own. I haven't said and I'm not saying that I'm right here, I'm just asking you to make your case.

Anyway, unless you are going to bring something more to the table than posts that you selected from the forums I'm out.

Originally posted by Norpan

Well, Awakening has been live for some hours now, and they DID say there would be bugs in, and that they are rdy for it. People write about it on forums to let people know, but in my TS every1 is having a blast even so. The bugs will be sorted. Rollbacks will be compensated. They new it would be alot of issues going live to so many people. I can´t see any problem with it. People are rdy for it, people are helping SV getting them know what works and doesn´t work. Only you ol crybabies here that don´t even play the game bothers.

But as I said before. If you want to experience it less buggy you should prolly wait a week or so til they sorted that out. ANd there are also many good things now. The game runs MUCH smoother on the 64 bit client. Have no lag at all yet. And it also looks fantastic. I have it all on highest settings as well, and no problems what´s so ever. The new guards are gr8 to. Yelling for back if they are loosing, and chase you like crazy. Really cool.

How many "features" will be turned off for stability and then quietly be forgotten about? Roaming Mobs? I can see Seb coming on with a big explaination on why X is needed for Y and then Z  must be revamped so X works properly- And then promised features slip quietly away.

I do not doubt that they will get things sorted out in a week or three- But at what cost? What will have to be "turned off" and then never be spoken of again?

Every Xpac has found key features having to be turned off with a big explainaition as to why "Because we need X working for Y...Blah...Blah" but those hyped "features" never, ever make it into the game.

And FAILED. Desynch? Will they return until the population shrinks back to pre Dawn numbers?

And Yes, I agree- MO looks fantastic, I personally like the graphics and the first person vew- I Like sandbox games as well. I dont like lies and shady buisness practices and SV are king of Shady based buisness IMHO and people deal with it because the "dream" henrick is selling to sandbox fans.

Your money. Your problem.

But we WILL discuss this from all angles as this is a Forum for DISCUSSION (and there is lots to discuss)

You and I agree to disagree. But that doesnt mean there is no point in expressing our opinions and feelings.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Let the game go already. I doubt, in my humble opinion, that they will ever recover.

Stop wasting your time and money, find something decent and playable.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

Every Xpac is the same story and a heap of posts like yours...Yet always (thus far) the "naysayers" have been correct... Shall I necro threads where people are saying the exact same thing you are saying now? The names change but the posts are the same and then quietly those people disappear.

It's because certain people here aren't aiming at making sense. They are aiming to get the MO section of the forum on the frontpage of mmorpg.com. ;p

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

"It's gonna take time" worked as an excuse on release. It also worked as an excuse 3 months after release. 6 months too.

Almost 3 years after release? HELL NO.

Everyone who's kept a sub up has spent $500+ since release on hyped stories of Tindrem, magic schools, MO 2.0, Epic 1, Epic 2, completely rebuilding the AI (first one was in Beta Block C), no dupes, no hacks, World of Warcraft is to blame for server downtime, Iceland volcano is to blame for X, Epic aliens from China-Mars are to blame for bad code, crossbows, seamless world, server supports over 9000 billion players, only X more subs, and the list goes on.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by cirsyndic

"It's gonna take time" worked as an excuse on release. It also worked as an excuse 3 months after release. 6 months too.

Almost 3 years after release? HELL NO.

Everyone who's kept a sub up has spent $500+ since release on hyped stories of Tindrem, magic schools, MO 2.0, Epic 1, Epic 2, completely rebuilding the AI (first one was in Beta Block C), no dupes, no hacks, World of Warcraft is to blame for server downtime, Iceland volcano is to blame for X, Epic aliens from China-Mars are to blame for bad code, crossbows, seamless world, server supports over 9000 billion players, only X more subs, and the list goes on.

lol .  That last paragraph made me laugh out loud.  It's funny, and holds truth.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.