Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning to wardens in RoR

You are screwed.

Several nerfs have been applied to your mitigations, HoTs and DoTs. Your dps is gimped across all levels, your hots barley top out at 200 a tick @ 85, (and they reverted the U6 changes).

Guards have been MEGA buffed. Their dps in overpower rivals that of champs, and their new self-heals rival that of wardens post u6, and the new buffs to their dots make them better than wardens spear line.

The dev's communicate alot, and basically, its all WAI. Even non-wardens like myself are crying foul on the forums. 

deviled_egg or w/e is the new warden dev btw, and he quite obviously dislikes the job.

<---i dont care if this violates the NDA, im so over this game now that i know its a repeat of RoI launch x10. 

@ 85, you cannot solo as a warden, and its WAI, gaurdians are THE class to be in this xpak. 15s cooldown on cath a breath, that restores 800 hp and 500 power..... lawlsauce

Comments

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    beta
  • mrzzz83mrzzz83 Member UncommonPosts: 3

lol@'beta', thats what they said during the RoI beta.... look how that turned out, im g lad i switched to a guard during the RoI beta ^.^

Feel  bad for the wards though, they catch alot of class envy and hate. oh well, six months after release you ward's will be able to tank again. If you dont wanna wait, roll a gaurd =-)

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170
    Seems like every class gets it's day in the sun, recently it was Minstrels, now it's Guardians, maybe later it will be Wardens. Wardens were always massively overpowered when introduced anyway and should never have been able to tank like Guardians in my opinion so they've had it good for some time already.
  • AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by MMOSavant
    Seems like every class gets it's day in the sun, recently it was Minstrels, now it's Guardians, maybe later it will be Wardens. Wardens were always massively overpowered when introduced anyway and should never have been able to tank like Guardians in my opinion so they've had it good for some time already.

That's not how it works. In LotRO and most other games of it's generation you have to be on par with the best tank or you're completely screwed and will never see 12 man and raid content until it's on farm status. More often than not not even then...Unlike pretty much everything else tanking doesn't stack at all, if a Warden can perform at only 80% of a Guardian the class might as well not exist and it really doesn't matter if it can fill in as a third rate DPS.