Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got caught for buying gold this Monday, thx god, bliz didn't ban me

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    If Blizzard perma banned everybody who bought and sold gold, the game would be a barren wasteland. Why do you think Diablo 3 allows players to buy and sell gold?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Psychow

People who buy gold shouldn't even be playing MMOs. If your excuse is "I don't have time to earn gold" then you don't have time to play the game.

The same goes for paying for a leveling service. It's like paying someone to have sex with your wife just to get that part over with and she can move on to end-game (Cooking and cleaning).

This service exsists???

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Even though they both contribute to the problem, Blizzard tends to go after the sellers, and bans them... even though they use hacked accounts to do their bidding.

Illegal gold selling is a pain in the dick. But seriously, it's like buying stolen goods. Don't do it.

I don't see why they just don't hand out authenticators to everyone that buys the game. And before you say you were hacked with an authenticator... no, you weren't. Blizz has said there has never been anyone with a key chain authenticator that has been hacked.

It costs them so much to have the CS deal with hacked accounts.

F-that buy gold, buy whatever to your hearts content. Cuz at the end of the day we are all going to die so whats buying 30k gold to save a week of the boring grind to get it.
    Originally posted by Goldknyght
    F-that buy gold, buy whatever to your hearts content. Cuz at the end of the day we are all going to die so whats buying 30k gold to save a week of the boring grind to get it.

Right, as long as you don't get caught let's all commit crimes as well. After all they make life easier. Working for a living is for chumps. YOLO G.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by jusomdude

Even though they both contribute to the problem, Blizzard tends to go after the sellers, and bans them... even though they use hacked accounts to do their bidding.

Illegal gold selling is a pain in the dick. But seriously, it's like buying stolen goods. Don't do it.

I don't see why they just don't hand out authenticators to everyone that buys the game. And before you say you were hacked with an authenticator... no, you weren't. Blizz has said there has never been anyone with a key chain authenticator that has been hacked.

Apparently not, or they would give authenticators to everyone for free.  I guess 15/mo sub fee goes a long way to pay CS Techs and remember, fear will drive many folks to pay for one and I'm sure there's a tidy profit in them. (I know I bought one a few years back)

Here's an interesting question, back when gold selling first started, the companies actually earned gold the old fashioned way, they employed armies of underpaid workers to play the game and gather the gold.

Now days everyone seems to think that all gold sellers are criminal organizations that are routinely engaged in credit card fraud, account stealing and other shady practices.

I wonder where the truth lies, are there any reputable gold sellers or are they all really criminals?  (ethics of selling gold not withstanding)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Right, as long as you don't get caught let's all commit crimes as well. After all they make life easier. Working for a living is for chumps. YOLO G.

Are you really going to compare buying gold in wow to commiting crimes and having to goto work? If so get help you need it

I know this... I hardly see anyone farming anything in WoW. I actually always see a few druids farming herbs in Uldum and that's pretty much it.

I don't think that would be enough to support the amounts of gold they sell.

Also, it came straight from the horses mouth. Blizzard knows the amount of accounts hacked and gold stolen.

Are you really going to compare buying gold in wow to commiting crimes and having to goto work? If so get help you need it

Are you really so blind that you can't see that you're supporting criminals?

So, that's like paying people to steal... Maybe that fits nicely into your moral compass, but I don't know how much it does others.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    One day I bought gold then quit WoW and 3 years later in my herb / mining was maxed and I have 0g an empty inventory and an empty bank.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Dudek28
    sounds like you dodged a golden bullet.

no he didnot . i complained to blizzard that my brother was buying gold for his account as we live in the same house .so i know what he does. they first banned his account . than my brother said oh it was not me it was the hacker who did it . they returned his account even though he had got a permanent ban . blizzard sucks . and not to mention i have reported him 4 times and everytime he has got away with it .one way or the other .

Are you really so blind that you can't see that you're supporting criminals?

no because if u get caught selling or buying gold in WoW u just get banned. If you get caught doing a crime you goto jail. You pay to play wow, if you earn something in the game and want to sell it you should be able to is my point. its just a game. buying gold will not affect anyone

Originally posted by emperorwings
    One day I bought gold then quit WoW and 3 years later in my herb / mining was maxed and I have 0g an empty inventory and an empty bank.

Ouch I never bought gold but my account was hacked none-the-less. I can only assume im stripped aswell LOL. cuz not resubbing just to find out.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Here's an interesting question, back when gold selling first started, the companies actually earned gold the old fashioned way, they employed armies of underpaid workers to play the game and gather the gold.

Now days everyone seems to think that all gold sellers are criminal organizations that are routinely engaged in credit card fraud, account stealing and other shady practices.

I wonder where the truth lies, are there any reputable gold sellers or are they all really criminals?  (ethics of selling gold not withstanding)

Evolving business.  Why pay someone even a minimal wage to farm gold, when you can spam some phish or steal some accounts and get it for fee?  Essentially, scumware and malware, email spam evolved enough to make the "farmers" unnecessary.

Now, my junkmail-catcher email account, identified years ago as "gamer", routinely gets phishing scams from games I've never even played.  That's pretty efficient; they're clearly even sharing data, passing around some big dbase tables.  Wonder what the going rate for mmorpg.com's email list would be, as a dollar value, with or without attached passwords?

Digital world with scary digital monsters in it.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

Apparently not, or they would give authenticators to everyone for free.  I guess 15/mo sub fee goes a long way to pay CS Techs and remember, fear will drive many folks to pay for one and I'm sure there's a tidy profit in them. (I know I bought one a few years back)

with next expansion will see the legalization of using real money to buy gear if you trade it through blizzard of course .that will very soon happen . they have not quashed the diablo 3 RMA house means they will go ahead in this game too

Originally posted by lotaparty

with next expansion will see the legalization of using real money to buy gear if you trade it through blizzard of course .that will very soon happen . they have not quashed the diablo 3 RMA house means they will go ahead in this game too

I can't find the source right now but last time I heard, RMAH was out of the question for WoW for the time being.

You got a source for what you're saying?

• bigjoe812bigjoe812 Member Posts: 1
    well, this is the funniest post ive ever seen, not the original post, but the funny comments, u guys were wasting time on should blizd ban or not ban OP, no one even figure out that chinese gold farmers are the real evil, i m happy to be the one who gave this post a closure.
  • Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    *thinks the OP is actually a gold farmer company*
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Since there is obviously a strong market for the purchase of gold in WOW (amongst other games) why shouldn't Blizzard start selling it to people in their cash shop as a  convenience feature? It wouldn't be a stretch for them to emulate EVE's PLEX system and they already have a real money auction house in Diablo 3 to proof ideas for incorporation into WOW. If you want to kill the farmers, make the market for it part of the game for all players and take your cut. With every MMORPG and its ugly sister being forced into F2P with cash shop money making models to stay alive, its not like you can kill the internal integrity of play anymore...

(And no I am not claiming to really be for this idea but with the way MMORPGs are going its at least worth looking at.)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The AH prices are worse than what FFXI was at it's worst,so there are a LOT of players buying RMT because the economy in Wow is beyond broken.

This is a problem when a game is so focused on gear instead of the player and his character's class abilities.
    When you buy from rmt you ruin the game for everyone else and over enough years it is beyond repair,like Wow is now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited April 2018

...and the almighty warrior, from the Wizard(ry) Clan , has fallen in the name of Spammer 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2018

That email looks very suspicious to me, not a real Blizzard email.

After a simple google search i found this on WoW forums.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3341766500

scroll down a little bit and you will see a post showing some examples how emails from Blizzard look like.

So yeah, that email you got is fake. Don't be surprised if a ban hammer knocks on your door at some point. Also don't be surprised if your bank account gets compromised.

EDIT: I just realized someone above me just necroed this old thread... nvm. OP's probably banned already.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    If Blizzard perma banned everybody who bought and sold gold, the game would be a barren wasteland. Why do you think Diablo 3 allows players to buy and sell gold?
    Either you make it totally legit or you ban everyone involved in it, by looking the other side they just reward people who ignore the rules while punish people who follows them.

And if they ignore some breakings of the rules people will loose the respect for others as well which can lead to exploits, botting, speedhacks and other types of deviant behaviour.

Another solution would be to make money less useful then it is now, clearly a lot of people still feel they need to buy gold to keep ahead. There are more then one ways to do that but most of them would not be popular (like making far more useful items BoP or accountbound).

Anyways, it is always a bad idea to punish the loyal players who do follow the rules.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    It's a 6 year old thread, that someone necro'd just to post a seemingly unsafe link...
    Panther2103
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I'm surprised Bliz isn't the ones selling the gold....But you guys are right..Once players start buying gold its screws up the market and ruins it for everyone who doesn't.....EQ and many other MMOs had the same issue.