Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letter from Dan

WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68
Mourning Latest News...

It seems there's a need for me to do this. So, I'll do it..

We are getting close to game's release. I know it should have been quite a while ago, but fate is stubborn and a billion of all sort of small things which needed fixes poped up their ugly head in the latest weeks.

The last 10% of making a game tends to eat up much more time than the 10% of it one think they usually would have taken :(

We worked our asses off during these latest weeks (last weekend we had our first weekend off for this year, and not because we finished the work needing to be done, but because we were so beated up that we couldn't resist anymore without it) and we are closer to the release, but still not yet there.. not yet..

I also know that your patience was heavely tested by all the dates we said before and then postponed it, that should never have happened but nevertheless, we do ask you to acccept our apologies for those and also thank you for bearing up with us all these looong weeks.

I can't give you a firm date for this, as honestly a firm date can only be given after everything needing to be fixed has been fixed, I can only say it's a matter of days.

So please take your time and enojy these days in any way it pleases you the most.

Thank you!

Dan Anotonescu
Mourning's Lead Designer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW: permission has been given for beta testers to post pics of the interface, and in game movies.  So we might actually get some more info soon.

Comments

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

Originally posted by WoWisLEET
    BTW: permission has been given for beta testers to post pics of the interface, and in game movies. So we might actually get some more info soon.

Does that mean the NDA is gone?

• notalentnotalent Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by WoWisLEET
    So please take your time and enojy these days in any way it pleases you the most.

i guess thats better than tellin us to "eat milk and cookies" ::::15::

cool stuff though..hopefully some of you beta testers will post some stuff for us!

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Thats all fine "if" the Beta has actually started.

I have not seen any evidence on the forums yet of anyone getting beta emails.... in fact the talk of a definate Beta opneing date has basically disapeared. (what should have happened in the first place)

Im past feeling self satisfied over this to be honest... I can only hope that those who are genuinely waiting for this game dont have to suffer much longer....at least the lesson of the danger of hollow promises seems to be slowly sinking in.... better late than never

Its very nice to see Tiamat geting some return Karma though. With an attitude like his and that signature.... Im surprised a piano hasnt fallen on him

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• NattydreadNattydread Member Posts: 87

It really irks me the people that are all bugged out that they have gone for several weeks without their free weeks of game play, er open beta.... Many of us have been with the community for several years, and we have patience.......... relax, let them finish the game, yeesh...

Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
    You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
    You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
    Now water can flow or it can crash!
    Be water, my friend.
    ~Bruce Lee

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Razorback
    Thats all fine "if" the Beta has actually started.
    I have not seen any evidence on the forums yet of anyone getting beta emails.... in fact the talk of a definate Beta opneing date has basically disapeared. (what should have happened in the first place)
    Im past feeling self satisfied over this to be honest... I can only hope that those who are genuinely waiting for this game dont have to suffer much longer....at least the lesson of the danger of hollow promises seems to be slowly sinking in.... better late than never
    Its very nice to see Tiamat geting some return Karma though. With an attitude like his and that signature.... Im surprised a piano hasnt fallen on him

The beta has started a long long time ago. The only thing we are waiting for is the last stage one week beta. It's a final stress test befpre release nothing more.
    And no it has not started yet and i prefer to wait even longer if it results in a release with more features in/less bugs.