Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Downed State Adds Strategy & Complexity

1235»

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I realise that I was talking more in the instance we were discussing to effectivly shutdown a player who is spamming their bandage skill while down and you keep a dot on him to keep him in a downed state while the rest of your teams are elsewhere battling.

Ah, but someone specced for conditions can do that quite easily. For example a necro can put a 30second bleed on a target using signet of spite (which can turn into a 45-50 second bleed with +condition duration). You could basically fire and forget that target if u wanted to, provided he has no teamm8s nearby to come res him.

It really doesn't take much to shut out a downed player. The real threat comes less from the downed player himself, and more in what his teamm8s are going to do.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by aesperus

I realise that I was talking more in the instance we were discussing to effectivly shutdown a player who is spamming their bandage skill while down and you keep a dot on him to keep him in a downed state while the rest of your teams are elsewhere battling.

Ah, but someone specced for conditions can do that quite easily. For example a necro can put a 30second bleed on a target using signet of spite (which can turn into a 45-50 second bleed with +condition duration). You could basically fire and forget that target if u wanted to, provided he has no teamm8s nearby to come res him.

It really doesn't take much to shut out a downed player. The real threat comes less from the downed player himself, and more in what his teamm8s are going to do.

and that's pretty much the whole point of PVP in this game as it's all about teamwork for the most part.

also if you get a long bleed on you from a necro then sit and spam bandage just to keep yourself in the downed state you deserve to stay there:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

and that's pretty much the whole point of PVP in this game as it's all about teamwork for the most part.

also if you get a long bleed on you from a necro then sit and spam bandage just to keep yourself in the downed state you deserve to stay there:P

Aye, teamwork is key (it's kinda frustrating how many times I find myself having to reiterate that).

As for spamming bandage, if you get a long-duration bleed on you, it really isn't going to matter, because you are going to die almost as fast (you'll basically get 1-2 extra tics of health, but you'll still die in roughly the same amount of time (give or take a second). That said, one of the cool things about the mechanic (which they changed for BWE3) is that all the classes are a lot more viable now while downed. You can't leave a downed necro alone for too long, or he can leech health to revive himself (different from #4 skill). The warrior can also self-res, and trait himself to stay alive if he kills someone. Some very interesting things to consider.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by aesperus

Aye, teamwork is key (it's kinda frustrating how many times I find myself having to reiterate that).

As for spamming bandage, if you get a long-duration bleed on you, it really isn't going to matter, because you are going to die almost as fast (you'll basically get 1-2 extra tics of health, but you'll still die in roughly the same amount of time (give or take a second). That said, one of the cool things about the mechanic (which they changed for BWE3) is that all the classes are a lot more viable now while downed. You can't leave a downed necro alone for too long, or he can leech health to revive himself (different from #4 skill). The warrior can also self-res, and trait himself to stay alive if he kills someone. Some very interesting things to consider.

yea true I did notice people able to self rez themselves more often in BW3. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg