Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update me on the state of it all

Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262

Hello people,

I used to play Mortal in early final while desync was still a major problem.  Can anyone update me on the current state of the game?  What is everyone complaining about these days?

Comments

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

I would like to know as well...

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Desync doesn't seems to be that much of a problem nowdays, but I would suggest downloading free trial and seeing for your self, as opinions on this board tend to be somewhat biased. There is a new expansion coming out this year hopefully, so that would probably be best time to try it, as at the moment, despite it clearly being better than at release (which is very relative term), I personally find the content and design of the game still questionable. 

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

The infamous desync that made attacking players invisible for the victim is gone. There are still issues with prediction though.

It is a similar problem, but there is a huge scale difference.
    If you were present at the release, then the game improved drastically. There are still tons of bugs and glitches (even in the instalation process) to drive people away though.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by realnaste

The infamous desync that made attacking players invisible for the victim is gone.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

I suggest waiting for Awakening and then resub.  

It's decent now.  A hell of a lot better than it was a year ago, but Awakening is going to be huge.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by username509

It's decent now.  A hell of a lot better than it was a year ago, but Awakening is going to be huge.

Agree with this.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by ltank

Agree with this.

Still waiting for this.  I am excited to try the game out again.  Even if it was the same it is always good for a week or so.  Awakening might just pull me in.  if it doesn't it will likley be my last check in.  Here's hoping.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Agree with this.

Still waiting for this.  I am excited to try the game out again.  Even if it was the same it is always good for a week or so.  Awakening might just pull me in.  if it doesn't it will likley be my last check in.  Here's hoping.

If I do resub for a month to check it out, it'll definitely be the last chance to keep me as a player...

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by ZekkCC
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Agree with this.

If I do resub for a month to check it out, it'll definitely be the last chance to keep me as a player...

If you resub now i promisse you, you are going to waste that last chance you mentioned. If you do it after Awakening, the biggest chance is that probably will not change anything concerning the game and the failed team behind it but lets at least give it a chance.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

nothing in MO has changed in the past 7 months other than politically ingame. No real patches or new content since the developers are working on Awakening expansion ofr the game which is long overdue.

If you are interested in MO then hold off with the question until after the expansion launches since it should be in the final stages.

compared to release the differencve now is black and white, back then the game was unplayable, literally unplayable as in i just couldnt login for the first 2 months at all of release due to the awful desync, lag issues and the constant crashing. Comparing now to then is a total difference. The game still has it issues but its actually playable now. you cant get more of a radical change than that.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I'll wait until two month after awakening and give it a shot.  Thanks for the advice people.
  • CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

Perhaps a wise move but I think there will be lots of fun to be had at launch - you will after all be discovering new content dungeons etc for the first time - think it'll be great to walk into a new dungeon for the first time.

If they release any more empty dungeons tho, I will have a fit.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank