Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 new missions in this update - How much game time is that?

mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

The title says is all? How much game time these 7 missions add? 1,2, 10 hours, more? I'm just curious is this enough for a monthly update?

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

Original reply was to a spammer who was removed for spamming a gold selling site.

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

I thought his question was totally valid. With the increasing amount of quality F2P MMORPGs, it's getting harder to justify a monthly fee.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

fix that post was to a cash seller/spammer that hit all the forums here at once spamming not to the orginal poster

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

For me it's probably only 2-3 gaming sessions, or 6-8 hours of content.  That's a total guess based on how much time I take to complete that many *large* multi-tiered STORY missions now.  It may be more or less, but all in all it's not a lot of content.  Most people will breeze through it and be left wanting more.

I really don't care what any game company promises.  When you build games where the gameplay is almost completely reliant on quests and scripted content, you will always be rushing to make more, and it will never be enough.  I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about this.  Today's MMORPG themeparks are NOT worthy of a monthly fee, in my opinion.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

5 of them are investigation missions, so it can be from a few hours to several days stumped depending on whether you can figure them out or not (or resists googling walktroughs... but you WILL have to use google to solve them).. :)

There are also 2 new NM mode dungeons, and one thing I find funny, I'm reading the official forums and there are people complaining that they're finding at least one of the bosses in them impossible to kill... so they're playing top tier content, advertised from the first day as being really hard, and forcing you and your team to work together with no mistakes, adjust strategy AND your build to manage to overcome and even then being very hard... and complain that they haven't been able to beat it a day after it was released.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

If you've finished all the content in the game (that YOU want to do) in the first month, then you've already consumed all the content that took 3-4 years to create.

In that case, no monthly update can possibly keep you occupied for more than 1 week at the very most.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

If you've finished all the content in the game (that YOU want to do) in the first month, then you've already consumed all the content that took 3-4 years to create.

In that case, no monthly update can possibly keep you occupied for more than 1 week at the very most.

Had not thought of it that way. Of course they can make content faster now because they have the framework there but still it gives a good picture of how long it takes for this content to be created.

Originally posted by L0C0Man

5 of them are investigation missions, so it can be from a few hours to several days stumped depending on whether you can figure them out or not (or resists googling walktroughs... but you WILL have to use google to solve them).. :)

There are also 2 new NM mode dungeons, and one thing I find funny, I'm reading the official forums and there are people complaining that they're finding at least one of the bosses in them impossible to kill... so they're playing top tier content, advertised from the first day as being really hard, and forcing you and your team to work together with no mistakes, adjust strategy AND your build to manage to overcome and even then being very hard... and complain that they haven't been able to beat it a day after it was released.. :)

Couple things in reply:

How many investigation quests did you have that two days to complete?  The longest one I had was the morse code mission which took a couple hours because I wanted to find a legit way to solve it without looking up the answer.  None of the others have required more than a few minutes of Google time for me.

Some of these bosses have been bugged already in the past, and one of them in the Facility still may be bugged according to my experiences on several elite runs yesterday.  It wouldn't surprise me if they had a bug in one of the new NM mode bosses.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  On that note, there have also been bugs here and there that rendered standard quest mobs impossible to kill.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• LostcogLostcog Member Posts: 21

If it is not enough content for you, then do not pay. It is as simple as that.

Some people are content locusts and will never have enough content to consume regardless what any publisher does.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well when I game it's usually when I don't have work booked so for me probably a day or two, so I will wait a few months before jumping on the new content. To be honest tsw will be more my alt game though...

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Couple things in reply:

How many investigation quests did you have that two days to complete?  The longest one I had was the morse code mission which took a couple hours because I wanted to find a legit way to solve it without looking up the answer.  None of the others have required more than a few minutes of Google time for me.

Kingsmouth code only took you a few minutes to complete?  How about the new one Hell & Bach.  Solving those puzzles won't be helped by google.  If you mean googling the answers, then yeah I can see it taking 10 -15 minutes to complete.  Maybe a little longer with run time and zoning factored in.

Originally posted by Lostcog

If it is not enough content for you, then do not pay. It is as simple as that.

Some people are content locusts and will never have enough content to consume regardless what any publisher does.

This 'content locust' term is the latest one to be over used abused around here.  I am a casual player, and I am doing every single side quest in all of the areas.  I'm also doing multiple normal and elite runs (soon Nightmare). I take time to help my Cabal mates, and also random people.  I'm still going through the content in a fairly fast clip, and it's not going to take me but about another month to finish all the content.

That's 60 days of *casual* play time, and I'll be chasing content releases.

I'm sorry, but if game companies expect to charge a monthly fee and keep people around, they are going to need to learn to start making more social and community features, as well as dynamic open-exploration areas that can be multi-purpose, not just for questing.  In other words, they need to start heading in more of a HYBRID game structure than just a pure themepark.