Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new competito to GW2!

ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Just very recently there were rumours about a space mmo was goin to be Free to Play. It's a game that didn't succed in the P2P market. Now, what kind of microtransactions there will be is yet to be seen. Cosmetics, endgame content and even gear is beeing rumoured.

How will this game stand in the competition with GW2 in the FREE TO PLAY market?

:)

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

They appeal to different audiences, also GW2 is not F2P, it is B2P. 

SWTOR will be much more cash shop focused as that is going to be be their only revenue stream

GW2 will be earning from box sales + fluff from cash shop so they dont need to be as ruthless about getting you to buy stuff from the cash shop.

I found SWTOR to be sadly lacking in almost all elements that make up an MMO, and that wont change just because its free, so GW2 will definitely be the winner

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197

You will only be able to play a few warzone matches a WEEK with the f2p account..no thanks.

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

F2P won't fix the flaws of that game.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

If GW2 is F2P, can I borrow your credit card to sign up a couple more accounts? Oh and what about TSW, if GW2 is F2P then so is TSW.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

I don't think the people who left SWTOR did so because they found out they'd have to pay $15/mo.

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Purgatus

F2P won't fix the flaws of that game.

^ That  

The problems with The Old Republic run far deeper than it's bugs and short sighted design.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

paying $60.00 is not free to play - BUY to play

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

cant vote because this poll is silly...insert correct options and than i can vote

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by Nadia

paying $60.00 is not free to play - BUY to play

Some of us already paid for SWTOR. So in a sense, both are B2P :P

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

eden eternal offers more competition, imo.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    LOL, I knew this was the OP before I clicked.

Well play sir, well played.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the same Op made this thread 3 days ago

This is the most fanatic fanbase I've ever seen!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/358833/page/1

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

First of all, GW2 is not free to play. It's buy to play, since you have to purchase the box. GW2 also gives you full and unrestricted access to all of the content, while SWTOR's free to play option is severely limiting. As an SWTOR F2P player you have limited character customization options, limited instances and battleground access, limited access to travel methods and space missions, extremely limited access to the AH.

As it is, GW2 blows regular SWTOR out of the water. SWTOR's F2P access is a joke.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Even being f2p swtor is not worth playing. There is absolutely nothing good about it imo.
  • MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

Because some how SWTOR going F2P makes it a better game? lol

SWTOR had bigger problems than it's  subscription model, The game was and still is incomplete, Going F2P wont fix that.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Payment method has NOTHIGN to do with this.

Tor had a decent story but....

I hate the art style, the combat was slow and boring, teh animations were stiff, PvP was a buggy nightmare, and it was another bloody 2 locked-factions game. I beta tested it, I tried it for a bit, I hated it. I might try it when it goes d2p to see how it's progressed, but I really can't see any real interest in it.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I left SWTOR and wouldn't go back if they paid ME $15 a month to play it.

I dont think I'm alone on that either.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

SWTOR people know what they are getting and nothning is new and exciting. However, GW2 is new and exciting and should rule the day!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

GW2 is B2P, not F2P, so anyone who voted for GW2 is an idiot.