Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silly ranking system

konrad16660konrad16660 Member Posts: 182

I love how account that are almost a decade old say "novice" since the person hasn't posted a bunch in the recent days.  I just saw a guy with over 8k posts and his avatar says novice and his account is even 2 years older than mine.  It just seems wierd how they do the rankings.  Its like they want more people to constantly spam the forums instead of have meaningful posts.  So heres for a rating system thats for the trolls!  lol

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

It not only ranks for quantity of posts but also for post length as well. I've not see many Trolls that can type past one sentence. I've also seen many posters that post many times a day for long periods of time that never get above 3 stars because most of their posts are 3-5 words long. They want active members that can also type more than one full sentence per post.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Hey! My posts have gotten longer over the years. Although not this one.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I too speak much.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Let me get in on this too!!

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

It's posts like the 3 above that won't get you past 3 stars. Not that any of you were trolling but short posts even hundreds of them will only improve your rating so far. To get above 3 stars you need to have content in your posts. Like this post for example. I purposely dragged out this post into five sentences to say what I could have probably said in one. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

troll and get stars, this is how it works...I think

yay more stars

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by Brenelael

It's posts like the 3 above that won't get you past 3 stars. Not that any of you were trolling but short posts even hundreds of them will only improve your rating so far. To get above 3 stars you need to have content in your posts. Like this post for example. I purposely dragged out this post into five sentences to say what I could have probably said in one. image

Bren

or I could just quote long posts and ride on your success train?

Originally posted by CalmOceans
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

or I could just quote long posts and ride on your success train?

Now your getting the idea... LOL image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }