Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BW3 WvW: Jade Quarry vs. Stormbluff vs. Sea of Sorrows

Mayokengw2Mayokengw2 Member Posts: 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64yQDmilu1M

*NOTE* I tried embedding it and for some reason i can't.**

This footage was taken during Sunday on the Jade Quarry server.
It is an epic video. Share your thoughts here.

If you like it please subscribe and give it a thumbs on on YouTube :-)

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

This was BWE2, after the wipe for bwe3 players didnt have 30 gold to buy golems. Also Darkheaven, Sea of Sorrows, and Anvil Rock was matched up for WvW.

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51

In BWE3 the matchup was actually Jade Quarry, Stormbluff, and Sorrow's Furnace.

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142

I was under the impression that the match ups were rolling during BWE3 with a basic match up system to stop small servers getting face rolled all weekend. or am i wrong?

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

No we faught the same competiters all 3 days.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Mayokengw2

well, isnt that the PvP everyone has been dreaming about for ages?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Epic

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Not everyone... some prefer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ9erQP3ubk

Though why I have no idea...

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

That was cool and all, but I'm trying to see if anyone from Jade Quarry captured footage of our 1.25hr standoff battle at the Orgrewatch tower in Eternal Battlegrounds.   That was a far more epic fight and we were even outnumbered by a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 (depending on how many of them stayed alive each time).

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by BadSpock

You´re kidding, right?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FreyasFreyas Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Weretigar

This was BWE2, after the wipe for bwe3 players didnt have 30 gold to buy golems. Also Darkheaven, Sea of Sorrows, and Anvil Rock was matched up for WvW.

This was definately BWE3- I was on Stormbluff Isle for this weekend, and I remember the matchup.  Siege was possibly too easy to come by in BWE with the siege merchants selling blueprints for badges- I probably earned ~200 badges over the weekend, with arrowcarts and rams costing 2 badges, ballistae costing 3, and I think golems were 15.  Siege was not something that was difficult to come by this last BWE.

• Mayokengw2Mayokengw2 Member Posts: 10

I had lots of badges and spent $100 during BW3. It was Jade Quarry vs Stormbluff vs Sea of Sorrows. 

Thanks for the verification guys =]

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Siphaed

That was cool and all, but I'm trying to see if anyone from Jade Quarry captured footage of our 1.25hr standoff battle at the Orgrewatch tower in Eternal Battlegrounds.   That was a far more epic fight and we were even outnumbered by a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 (depending on how many of them stayed alive each time).

I remember that was quite fun.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by BadSpock

You´re kidding, right?

Only mostly / slightly.

That was not the freaking matchup i was on darkheaven with triple-b. If you did not play the bwe3 dont pretend like you did to false advertise a video. 

Seriously seige golems were 30 gold, 30 tokens. Tokens RARELY droped you could not buy seige equipment from the shop i dont care how many gems you bought.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

That was not the freaking matchup i was on darkheaven with triple-b. If you did not play the bwe3 dont pretend like you did to false advertise a video. 

Seriously seige golems were 30 gold, 30 tokens. Tokens RARELY droped you could not buy seige equipment from the shop i dont care how many gems you bought.

Tokens rarely dropped? What? Did we play the same game? I had on average a token every 3 kills and it wasn't that hard to rack up over 300 kills during BWE3 if the servers were active, and I'm speaking from melee perspective. If you sat on siege weapon most of the time You would be swimming in those (as long as you remember to leave the siege machine every so often to pick up the bags before they vanish) 

Originally posted by Ezhae

Tokens rarely dropped? What? Did we play the same game? I had on average a token every 3 kills and it wasn't that hard to rack up over 300 kills during BWE3 if the servers were active, and I'm speaking from melee perspective. If you sat on siege weapon most of the time You would be swimming in those (as long as you remember to leave the siege machine every so often to pick up the bags before they vanish) 

Then you one lucky sob because I sat at WvW the last 2 whole days on erie on darkheaven just spam killing with the cannon just to only get 17 tokens total which I used to put balistas across the hill from erie just incase we lost it because we were getting supplies to slow to keep upgrades comming. 

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Ezhae

Then you one lucky sob because I sat at WvW the last 2 whole days on erie on darkheaven just spam killing with the cannon just to only get 17 tokens total which I used to put balistas across the hill from erie just incase we lost it because we were getting supplies to slow to keep upgrades comming. 

17 is quite a lot of tokens.  Mind you, tokens and token gear is sort of long-term investments, not short-term stuff like a single day or two.   And, you get like 5x tokens from the chest at the end of the WvWvW dungeon.   There's also tokens dropped from the Field Commander Guards, the camp bosses, and the like.   Just need to play the game more than just sitting on a cannon all day ;P.

And Golems were NEVER 30 gold, don't know where that comes from.  They were 1 Gold each.   And, making 1 gold was very easy, but even if you couldn't there was the option of buying Gems and getting the gold conversion.  If you're talking BWE#2 instead of #3, then still you had gems then (though those were free from the developers exclusively for that event, just as #1 had it as too). 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

thanks for sharing... how can you not get pumped from that?! :)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Thank you - I enjoyed your Ala-kaboom video too ^_^. 

Golems were never 30g, they were always 1g. Also, the match up was Sea of Sorrows. Just look at the video you can figure it out yourself. Teehee ^_^. 

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I was on Sea of Sorrows last bw and that was most definitely the match up.  Sea of Sorrows was owning Friday/early Saturday but buy Sunday were we the weakest.  It was fun regardless.

Originally posted by Worstluck

I was on Sea of Sorrows last bw and that was most definitely the match up.  Sea of Sorrows was owning Friday/early Saturday but buy Sunday were we the weakest.  It was fun regardless.

This video is from Sunday night. If you look at the video you will not only see Stormbluff invaders you will also see Sea of Sorrows. Argue against the evidence :)

Due to questions: 

"We are a standalone guild at the moment without a commitment to any server b/c there has not been a server list set for launch yet. We are also not in an alliance at the moment and willing to work with one on a medium-high pop server. " -Mayo

• Epic video. Thanks for sharing OP.

Sorry, I'm new to this community, what does OP mean?

My dictionary says its overpowered but i don't think that's what you mean ^_^. 

Also check out this video it shows epic PvP gear won from tourneys. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eipmtgcGILE&feature=relmfu