Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of input devices will you be using to play Guild Wars 2?

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

G700 mouse. Microsoft Elite keyboard (this baby has served me well for over 10 years now).

Also have a pinnicle profile set up for my xbox controller for casual DEing, which I may or may not use.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

21 inch Asus monitor, Cyborg RAT 9 gaming mouse, Razer headset and an old Dell keyboard... lol never really felt compelled to get a high end keyboard.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by RelytDnegel

21 inch Asus monitor, Cyborg RAT 9 gaming mouse, Razer headset and an old Dell keyboard... lol never really felt compelled to get a high end keyboard.

Keyboards are all mostly the same. My rule is to go for comfort, everything else is usually an excuse to get more money out of the consumer. When I think about it, keyboards even seem a bit archaic.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Razer Deathadder and Blackwidow Ultimate

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Qosmio keyboard and Microsoft x8,  I may try gamepad out even as I can see GW2 being mor ethan playable on one.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Never understood trying to cram more and more buttons under a single digit (especially the thumb of your mouse hand) I'm pretty sure (just an opinion ) that it's 'inefficient'.

Still looking for a mouse that has 2 extra buttons that are comfortable to strafe with. Then movement is all solely right hand, skills solely left. This kinda falls down in gw2 where you need dodge too. Game pad might be the way to go though not quiet a neat fit.
  • OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

I plan to use Dragon Speak because I like to pretend that I'm Harry Potter announcing all of my spells as I cast them.

• Xin1Xin1 Member Posts: 34

Razer BlackWidow + Razer Naga

(still got a G15 logitech as reserve, but i doubt the BlackWidow will ever break down)  BlackWidow takes a while to get used to as it's a mechanical keyboard, but once you get used to it, it's alot faster, wouldn't want to miss it anymore). 

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    Never understood trying to cram more and more buttons under a single digit (especially the thumb of your mouse hand) I'm pretty sure (just an opinion ) that it's 'inefficient'. Still looking for a mouse that has 2 extra buttons that are comfortable to strafe with. Then movement is all solely right hand, skills solely left. This kinda falls down in gw2 where you need dodge too. Game pad might be the way to go though not quiet a neat fit.

If your looking for just 2 extra buttons on a mouse have a look at the Cyborg RAT 9 or even RAT 7 if you preffer wired. Highly customizable and looks great too but can be a bit pricey like most gaming equipment...

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´ll be using my super right & left hands.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

Just a plain ol keyboard and mouse. :P Nothing fancy I guess.

Same. Microsoft keyboard and optical mouse, both wired.

I found out that the best way to play GW2 for me is to disable the "double tap" dodge (which is utterly annoying for jump puzzles anyway) and to bind dodging on the middle (scroll wheel) button. For movement, the classic "Doom/Quake" ZQSD (WASD on English keyboard) move forward/back/strafe setup.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Logitech G13 Gamepad and Razer Naga. My only means of keeping up with younger players!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Razer Naga and Nostromo with a Logitech wireless keyboard
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Logitech G13 Gaming Keypad and a 7 button Logitech Gaming Mouse.

I'm considering a mouse with more side buttons, but my current set up is capable and comfortable. One mouse side button is Shift+, which I use to modify the 6-10 skills to use Shift+1, Shift+2, etc... Dodge is on the second side mouse button. Everything else is on the G13 and I use the G13's thumbstick for movement.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Out of curiosity, do you guys really manage to remain precise with a mouse with side buttons? I've tried some and I found it very unreliable, at best, I prefer the buttons on the top so when you press them the mouse isn't "pushed" sideways.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

Logitech G700 + Saitek Command Unit

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Out of curiosity, do you guys really manage to remain precise with a mouse with side buttons? I've tried some and I found it very unreliable, at best, I prefer the buttons on the top so when you press them the mouse isn't "pushed" sideways.

Honestly, I don't use all the buttons on the Naga. Some feel akward to get to. I'm 6'2" and of course my hands (thumb) are a bit large. I feel I'm struggling to reach back on some of them. I use the top 2 rows primarily all the time and the other 2 rows are more for utility functions like keymapping my map or journal, opening my bags, etc.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Logitech G9X mouse, G19 keyboard and I might dust off my G13 gameboard I never got used to because my hands are too small but having less skills to keybind in GW2 than in other mmo's it might work for me.

• rachmat19rachmat19 Member Posts: 29

Played it with my friend's g700 last BWE, thinking of buying a g600 in a few days... I don't have a gaming mouse now and a g700 is almost twice the price of a g600 in aus... (I can buy both online, but they're almost the same price, so I think i'll try the g600 with their multiple buttons and then trade it if I don't like it...)

Normal laptop keyboard, though... 

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Logitech G35 Headset

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

Logitech G13 Gamepad

Logitech G510 Keyboard

Yes, I am a Logitech fangirl. They have yet to fail me and their customer service has been absolutely amazing over the years.

Only difference now is that I have two monitors, one for Netflix and one for gaming. Haha.

• rachmat19rachmat19 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by AliceKaye

Logitech G35 Headset

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

Logitech G13 Gamepad

Logitech G510 Keyboard

Yes, I am a Logitech fangirl. They have yet to fail me and their customer service has been absolutely amazing over the years.

Just wondering, when a logitech product fails you, you just go to them right away rather than the retailer, right? I'm planning on buying a g600 mouse online so a bit worried IF the product end up breaking...

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

My old wireless Logitech S510 keyboard

Razer Naga Molten mouse (a must have for gw2 imo)

Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless headset for sound and teamspeak

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by grimm6th
    $10 logitech keyboard

Whoever made this cheap keyboard..I don't see a logo on it.  Less than 20 bucks, almost certainly.  Too bad I can't pull that indestructible PS2 keyboard out of the garage.

Mouse is still an old classic G5.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

My asus laptop keyboard and my Naga mouse