Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 Day Ban only for Duping.

DevironDeviron Member UncommonPosts: 17

Well evidently Star Vault doesnt have a zero tolerance policy.  I'm glad I found out about this before buying into the game was getting bored today and was thinking about buying the game.  No freaking way.

Proof:

[mod edit - do not post anything describing cheats]

This was taken from the guilty parties clan website.  And the mods on the official forums are trying to keep it all hush hush.

Hurting on subs so bad they dont perma ban for massive duping must be pretty desperate.

Ill take my money elsewhere thank you.

Comments

• p00pbucketsp00pbuckets Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Deviron

Well evidently Star Vault doesnt have a zero tolerance policy.  I'm glad I found out about this before buying into the game was getting bored today and was thinking about buying the game.  No freaking way.

Proof:

This was taken from the guilty parties clan website.  And the mods on the official forums are trying to keep it all hush hush.

Hurting on subs so bad they dont perma ban for massive duping must be pretty desperate.

Cant tell if serious?? O.o 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/331025/Dupes-in-server-down.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/333927/Seems-there-is-no-item-tracking.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/332961/New-dupe-discovered-in-Mortal-Online.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/328151/Hacking-problems-and-how-to-try-and-fix.html

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

It's not only the corruption of the GMs  that keeps me from trying this game - it's the attitude of this player.  He insults others who protest against his temp ban since they demand a perm ban (at least this is what I'm guessing from his post).

I love the part where he says he plays this game to meet friendly players and hates people who ruin his experience. 

LOL

Harbinger of Fools
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Wow, that guy sounds ike a 12 year old douchebag... this is what ruins all OWPVP / FFA Loot games. The attitude of the players. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

sad

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue

sad

Indeed quite sad.  Glad I was gone from AQ long before this shit happened.  

From what I understand, the dupe in question was much more wide spread than just AQ, and many people have not yet been discovered (i.e. laundered their goods sufficiently).

If awakening ever does release, a server wipe would be welcomed more than ever.  All they would have to say is "sorry guys we couldnt keep your bank items moving to the new UI/bank space system".  Done.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Learn to read OP. 30 days ban pending the outcome of an investigation. 

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

i believe the item tracking is what revealed the dupe and resulted in someone being caught red handed. I dont beleive its wide spread. Shame with what happened but this isnt the AQ i know and i know no guild is completely innocent in online gaming every guild ends up with a few bad eggs.

Also its a 30day suspension pending investigation.

but MO will never be Dupe free, they need to rely on sufficient item tracking and regular scans to stop dupers from getting away with it which prevents duping but doesnt cure it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• DevironDeviron Member UncommonPosts: 17

"30day suspension pending investigation."

Spin it like you want im just stating like i see it. He admitted to it and is "pending investigation".. or in 30 days people will hopefully forget all about this. 

I was thinking of buying it and caught this before the Mods on there forums deleted it.  I wont be getting Mortal and I am just letting other people who are thinking about it whats going on.  Maybe you can attract some more people who like to dupe and you can have fun in your little sandbox.

EDIT: BTW this isnt an attack on the guild i think they are handling it.  This post is more for how the company is handling it.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Proof:

You should see how the free to play publishers operate on their big spenders caught hacking.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Is the only appeal of this game is that its full loot PVP?

There are just so many red flags regarding this game, it's GMs and developers.

since no one else posted it, heres the GMs offical response, all mmos have dupes, Diablo 3 still has dupes and it has someing like 100s of developers.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/update-on-the-discovered-dupe.76643/#post-1339732

On Thursday the 28 a dupe was discovered. We brought the server down immediately than patched a fix. We quickly recovered the bulk of the items that were duped. We also banned four accounts in connection with the dupe for 30 days pending an investigation. The outcome of this investigation will determine the punishment for all parties that were involved, already banned or not. At this time we can confirm to the community there is no major influx of materials or wealth on the server.

We ask that you do not start forum threads or IRC chat on this topic as it Violates the rules. If you have a question that must be asked please just pm me.

-Athanas

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by deathshroud

We ask that you do not start forum threads or IRC chat on this topic as it Violates the rules. If you have a question that must be asked please just pm me.

How convient for them to have such rules..

i dont like restricting people from posting and beleive in freedom of speach. But there sint really anything helpful or constructive players could possibly discuss about the matter really.

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23

Spin it like you want im just stating like i see it. He admitted to it and is "pending investigation".. or in 30 days people will hopefully forget all about this. 

I was thinking of buying it and caught this before the Mods on there forums deleted it.  I wont be getting Mortal and I am just letting other people who are thinking about it whats going on.  Maybe you can attract some more people who like to dupe and you can have fun in your little sandbox.

EDIT: BTW this isnt an attack on the guild i think they are handling it.  This post is more for how the company is handling it.

What are u on ?

Do u think the police stops an investigation just cause a guy turn himself in ?

What about peeps that helped him out or if hes just protecting his "boss" ?

An investigation means they are trying to find more peeps than the 4 already banned that where involved in the dupe or received some of the dupe so they can get rid of everything duped and not only what the 4 already banned had.

Get a head on ur shoulders before posting shit.

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150

lol you could write whatever you want about it, and they couldnt do shit about it if they wanted. "Its in our rules" wont hold up. Sure you checked the "I have read and agreed with the rules". Just tell the them I have read and checked the box, and I agree that, those are your rules... fine..  neow fek eff

Maybe they could ban you but then you should just sue them ;)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

I almost typed up a nice reply... and then midstream I realized that I had seen this particular issue before, and again before that, and again before that, and... well you get the picture.  Different names, but same old story.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by Raxxo82

lol you could write whatever you want about it, and they couldnt do shit about it if they wanted. "Its in our rules" wont hold up. Sure you checked the "I have read and agreed with the rules". Just tell the them I have read and checked the box, and I agree that, those are your rules... fine..  neow fek eff

Maybe they could ban you but then you should just sue them ;)

Not too smart are u matey, if u sued them when U break THEIR rules you wont get anywhere mate.

But they can sue u back and make ALOT of money off u for being a retard.

I am guessing u are from the US right ?

Even in the US u wont get anywhere with something like this.

But sure go ahead and hand a shitload of money over to SV so they can hire new peeps to work on their game ;D

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

edit: ah, got it now :P my bad

yea, he who allows exploiters..... leave them :) totaly agreed

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

there are on average about 10k bots online in ddiablo 3 and more then 5k people using 3'rd party scrips and applications and i have seen 0 bans so far ...  and we are talking about blizzard!

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I almost typed up a nice reply... and then midstream I realized that I had seen this particular issue before, and again before that, and again before that, and... well you get the picture.  Different names, but same old story.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Filterheadz

there are on average about 10k bots online in ddiablo 3 and more then 5k people using 3'rd party scrips and applications and i have seen 0 bans so far ...  and we are talking about blizzard!

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Theres a world of difference between dupes in a full loot pvp game with a player driven economy ( lol in theory) and botting/macroing in a theme park .

Is there? People still get advantages in D3 for doing it. How can duping in any type of game be good? Thing is Blizzard has the money and manpower to really put their foot down on the exploiters, but so far haven't. SV are doing the best they can with what they have. Now how can that be a bad thing?
  • TacanTacan Member Posts: 93

hm..Hunted, he is old FURY member?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Norpan
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Theres a world of difference between dupes in a full loot pvp game with a player driven economy ( lol in theory) and botting/macroing in a theme park .

Is there? People still get advantages in D3 for doing it. How can duping in any type of game be good? Thing is Blizzard has the money and manpower to really put their foot down on the exploiters, but so far haven't. SV are doing the best they can with what they have. Now how can that be a bad thing?

I don't think he said duping was "good" in any game, but that it affected players experience less in D3 than in MO, as MO is all about open world PvP, player economy and territory control, not to forget full loot while D3 is a heavy PvE game. Mobs don't qq on forums after getting ganked.

• DevironDeviron Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by ThaBadMan

What are u on ?

Do u think the police stops an investigation just cause a guy turn himself in ?

What about peeps that helped him out or if hes just protecting his "boss" ?

An investigation means they are trying to find more peeps than the 4 already banned that where involved in the dupe or received some of the dupe so they can get rid of everything duped and not only what the 4 already banned had.

Get a head on ur shoulders before posting shit.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/members/thabadman.9204/

How about you quit being such a fan boy and just admit that its pretty shade.

Again im calling it like I see it and you can make excuse to your blue in the face.