Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum responds very slow. Just me?

jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

It often takes like 1/2 to 1 minute to load.

Is it just happening to me or is the forum burning out and in need of some holidays?

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

This happens to me randomly as well.  Its like they just stop loading and gets stuck at "waiting for a response form mmorpg.com" or something like that.  

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Glad I'm not alone, all though it seems to be only the two of us.

Not sure if there is anything I can do about it. Right now I logged on and the pages load normal, but I'm sure if I spend a little bit more time tomorrow it will be slow again.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990
    Happens to me too, sometimes the response time is very okay, sometimes it takes a minute or more to load a page. Seems to be unrelated to the number of people visiting the site (as can be seen above next to the logo), at times the bottleneck seems to be images.mmorg.com, at least that's what Firefox tells me.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

It's the first time I'm having an error, not sure if it's related but here it goes:

MMORPG.COM has just experienced an error

The details for this error are:

• Details: The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: CFSTOREDPROC The error occurred on line 171.
    • Template: /discussion2.cfm
    • Server: Cyberc18

To report this error please copy the information above into an email addressed to:
    meddle at mmorpg.com.

Please refresh the page or use the back button to return to the site.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Mmorpg.com and www.minecraftforum.net are the two websites that are the slowest for me. Well, minecraft forums has to be one of the most busy forums, so I don't expect it to become fast responding all the time.

Only mmorpg.com gets 'stuck' regurarly on loading pages for me which then require a refresh. It also shows the waiting for response msg for me then.

It is definately not my internet connection, because I can easily check websites that I know which will respond very fast to check.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I've noticed increased lags/timeouts lately aswell. Is mmorpg.com being DDOS attacked?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It was never a problem until the last week or so.  L:ots of timeouts and errors on my end.  Maybe they are sending em a message?