Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Companion for Sword

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

I'm interested in playing TSW, mainly want to play as DPS with a sword.  I want to stick with melee attacks.  What's a good companion to the sword?

Comments

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I suggest a ranged skills. Like Elemental or Blood, Pistols; (sigh) or Assault Rifles.. You'd only need 2 or 3 skills for it to be worth it...

Going full melee could prove to be a little frustrating without ANY ranged skills whatsoever, but there are a few in the Blades tree that comes with some range, same with the other melee trees..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

OK.  I just don't want to end up kiting mobs around the landscape.  Hate kiting...

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by vigg2004

OK.  I just don't want to end up kiting mobs around the landscape.  Hate kiting...

Yea you'd just need a couple and still have a mainly melee setup. You understand that you have two weapon sets; two resources so you want to be able to consume both.

Another thing are the passives, there are passives in ranged trres that can work well with some melee bulds so it's not a complete waste putting points in them. Even if you don't plan to be heavy ranged.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I'm playing the Templar faction and they have a dps deck that uses sword/hammer combo, the Witch Hunter.  Its fun and the deck outfit is pretty cool looking.  I wouldn't recommend it for pvp as it has no range abilities but for pve its good.  Heres a picture of what the deck outfit looks like.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.