Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

View is strictly FIRST PERSON

2»

Comments

• UnfriendlyUnfriendly Member UncommonPosts: 25

A possible solution might be to have third person but not render any units you do not have in line of sight.. that way you do not get the tunnel vision of first person view and you do not get the stupid looking around corners thing you have in conventional third person view

just a quick brain fart

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by Tinybina
    ...but everyone could do it so how exactly was it a exploit.

Please never play a video game again.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

If this game wasnt first person...

I wouldnt play.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by tank017

If this game wasnt first person...

I wouldnt play.

Same.

I don't think I could play an FPS in 3rd person. Trying to picture in my mind how wolf3d, doom and quake would be in 3rdPV. Gonna be sick :)

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Originally posted by Tinybina
    ...but everyone could do it so how exactly was it a exploit.

Please never play a video game again.

Great POST!...

Now back to the topic.. I guess some of you guys never played the orginal PS.. It wasn't strickly 3rd person, you could toggle to 3rd person to see different aspects of your surroundings.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith